Ninebot one dont start anymore

Marc_sommer

Hi everybody

ninebot one e push red button. Just one peep and nothing else. The common reset doesnt work. No bluetooth connection possible. No lights. No beep. After leaving it i can push red button again. One beep finish. 

Any ideas? 

Batterie is load. Green light at chager

help

Thank you

IMG_8368.mp4

39 minutes ago, Marc_sommer said:

I tried it. Disconnected and reconnected. Still the same

Hmm... It would likely be faulty controller board but no resistance when turning the wheel around and no reaction to battery disconnection is a little confusing...

How long have you had that wheel? Any warranty left?

16 minutes ago, Marc_sommer said:

No wartanty. 2.5 years. All went fine till last weekend. After recharging. It beep one then nothing. I have to wait an hour. Then it beep one again. Strage

A very long shot but could you try to power it on while connected to the cahrger?

3 hours ago, Marc_sommer said:

Batterie is load. Green light at chager

You should use a voltmeter in order to measure the output voltage battery (at the yellow connector) in order to be sure your problem don't come from the battery.

100_0934.JPG

because a BMS default can explain you problem if the ouput voltage is under 45V. Condensators are able to be charge with a low voltage but there is not enough power to keep gyroscopic balance.

I have seen 2 times such BMS problem with 9B1 E+ battery, output voltage was half than normal voltage without any damage cells.

100_0950.thumb.JPG.1c4053407cd9b5f24cd4eff59c3f201a.JPG

3 hours ago, Marc_sommer said:

IMG_8368.mp4

Your video show the same thing that will happen if you disconnect the battery and you push power button. Condensator give power during a short time and there is only a bip before a shut down.  that's why it's interesting to check your battery output voltage.

@smallexis Good point with battery measurments, I would hope that if there are any battery problems with his wheel, he would be able to power it up with the charger connected... So it seems to be something more than that?

4 hours ago, Vik's said:

@smallexis Good point with battery measurments, I would hope that if there are any battery problems with his wheel, he would be able to power it up with the charger connected..

No - if the battery is for example "stuck" at 30V connecting the charger would not change anything.

@Marc_sommer maybe checking the charger voltage, too could give some additional hint... Could not think of one, but it's an easy measurement ;)

Edit: wrong member notified :ph34r:

I will measure tomorrow batterie and loader. But i am pretty sute that the batterie could be the problem. Overnight nothing done. This morning push the red button. Beep and some short ledlifhts blinking and then dead. 

Somebody told me that nb1 says if we dont use the nv1 over 2 weeks we have to disconnect the batterie??? Really? I have never done this. Experience?

6 hours ago, Chriull said:

No - if the battery is for example "stuck" at 30V connecting the charger would not change anything

Yes you are right.

2 hours ago, Marc_sommer said:

Somebody told me that nb1 says if we dont use the nb1 over 2 weeks we have to disconnect the batterie??? Really? I have never done this. Experience?

Battery storage is requierd only if you won't have a use of your 9B1 during few months. For a short period of unuse, just take care to not let your battery at maximum charge or at minimum discharge. The best value seems to be aroud 60% of charge.

2 hours ago, Marc_sommer said:

I will measure tomorrow batterie and loader. But i am pretty sute that the batterie could be the problem. Overnight nothing done. This morning push the red button. Beep and some short ledlifhts blinking and then dead. 

Somebody told me that nb1 says if we dont use the nv1 over 2 weeks we have to disconnect the batterie??? Really? I have never done this. Experience?

Ok, now when you say "beep and some short ledlights blink" after charging overnight plus the 2.5 years age - sounds like battery just bit the dust.

I messured my Batterie, 18.5. (look at photo). Then my friend took his ninebot one e to me...and we changed battery into mine...and all was working fine. then i put my Batterie in his nb1 and he also not work. then we charged Batterie in both...and mine does working with his Batterie...so it must be the Batterie...but why the battery is emtpy? why this Problem? i dont not...thanks for all help

IMG_8415.JPG

8 minutes ago, Marc_sommer said:

so it must be the Batterie...but why the battery is emtpy? why this Problem? i dont not...thanks for all help

The battery is not empty, some, actually an awful lot, of cells have failed. You have 15 cells in series in a Ninebot each cell is 4.2V fully charged and no less than 3V off of load when fully discharged. Your battery voltage MUST therefore always be between 63V fully charged and 45V when absolutely empty. 

Next the green light on your charger (this has been said on this forum umpteen times) does not tell you the battery is charged, it tells you no, or very little current is flowing. When you charge the battery the charger stops at 63 Volts and as the battery gets closer to this voltage the current drops. When the charger has decided the current is low enough (typically around 150-200mA) it turns the LED green. So the green LED works as expected WHEN THE CHARGER AND BATTERY ARE WORKING CORRECTLY. When a fault occurs all the green LED is telling you is that the battery isn't charging.

So, bottom line, either your battery or charger has failed, with that low a voltage it is most likely it is the battery. The Battery Management System (BMS) in the battery is probably preventing the battery trying to charge. 

At that voltage too many cells have failed to suggest trying to change some of them - it will require a new battery. It is marginally possible the failure is in the BMS and it has switched off its output transistors, you could carefully open the pack and test the voltage across each cell, but be careful a short circuit will generate enormous heat and could burn, etc.

The charger can be tested, if it's output is at, or near, 63V it is probably OK. Since the battery seems to have failed quite suddenly it may be that the charger is also faulty, however with that battery voltage the battery is probably irrecoverable.

1 hour ago, Marc_sommer said:

I messured my Batterie, 18.5. (look at photo). Then my friend took his ninebot one e to me...and we changed battery into mine...and all was working fine. then i put my Batterie in his nb1 and he also not work. then we charged Batterie in both...and mine does working with his Batterie...so it must be the Batterie...but why the battery is emtpy? why this Problem? i dont not...thanks for all help

Holy... That's even less than what @smallexis got an example of.

You've surely got a huge impact on ridable range in the last few months (less than 10km and below)? That should alert you about battery cells health... Good to hear that your EUC didn't die on you while you were riding it.

As already mentioned - too much hassle to rebuild that old battery. Much easier to buy a new OEM or even better custom battery.

We tried to Charge my Batterie in the nb1 from my friend...it doesnt work eather...so it was his charger and his nb1...just my battery...so this Looks really the Battery is out of order... i order a new one... let you know my results

5 hours ago, Marc_sommer said:

so it must be the Batterie...but why the battery is emtpy? why this Problem? i dont not...thanks for all help

The BMS is the problem and protection circuit is damaged. It's the same case as the one I have explain and repare here :

Archived