Oscillation and cut out problem with Gotway MSuper V3, ACM, maybe Monster shipped from May 2017 onwards

7 minutes ago, Marcos75 said:

I got my msuperv3 820 wh 67 v today. After 10 minutes riding i know it is from the same batch with issues 1705

A 2 cm curb has show me how bad the wheel was shaking back and forth. And if i ride in higher speed the curb down than the wheel is shaking much more. So frustrating. In smooth road it is a great wheel. But with this fucking issues it is a shit wheel. I had 10 minutes to enyoy my NEW wheel.

Shame on you gotway.

Where did you buy it from? I'm curious because according to Gotway only the wheels that entered the Chinese market had the potential for this problem. If we know the source where these wheels are coming from it may be helpful in identifying who's at risk.

9 minutes ago, Marcos75 said:

Directly from gotway over a Distributor.

I know for a fact that Gotway is very much aware this problem, so at least you should be able to receive a replacement control board. Communicating with them or the distributor will probably be the hardest part. It's times like this that it's very useful to have purchased from a well known dealer. I know that can be more expensive but the help and service can be worth it in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Marcos75 said:

@WaveCut 

That is exact the same Problem what i have with my new wheel. Msuperv3 820 wh 67v. @Marty Backe can it be that they have in china not so many Problem because the chinese people are not so heavy? My weight is 90 kg.

That is one of the mysteries. I saw some of the e-mail traffic between Jason (EWheels) and Gotway concerning the wheels that he's receiving. From those e-mails it's very clear that they are aware of the problem. Jason (for obvious business reasons) is very much on top of this so that he's not getting any of the affected wheels.

38 minutes ago, Marcos75 said:

You are right. I will talk to the Distributor. It is not only the shaking problem, my wheel is not in the middle. Take a look at the fb group from gotway. There are pictures.

I just saw your Facebook posting. My MSuper that I just got from EWheels last night is not showing any of these problems. And my wheel is perfectly centered. Unfortunately you received one of the bad ones :(

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Unless they are out and out lying to Jason they were very confident that his wheels are not affected. Jason is buying a lot of wheels from them right now. It's not in their best interest to not be honest with him.

I did take my MSuper for a short spin this morning and was riding over big bumps to test it and I didn't notice anything. The wheel seems very solid. More extensive riding is forthcoming. The fit and finish of the wheel also is very nice on mine.

No, that i did not say...and Jason surely is on the lucky side and can be totally trusted!.But as i guess there are a lot resellers in china mainland, not just aliexpress, (alibaba, ebay, etc) its for sure hard to now the place where every wheel has landed on the end-consumer! (which is prooved by those reports and vids...)

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

No, that i did not say...and Jason surely is on the lucky side and can be totally trusted!.But as i guess there are a lot resellers in china mainland, not just aliexpress, (alibaba, ebay, etc) its for sure hard to now the place where every wheel has landed on the end-consumer! (which is prooved by those reports and vids...)

Agreed. That's why I will continue to encourage people to buy from reputable dealers that have a track record of customer support. There's more than one out there that meets my criteria. Then at least things will be made right by that dealer if you get a bad wheel.

10 minutes ago, MichaelHensen said:

I have my MSuper v3+ 1600wh for 2 days now.. Received it directly from Gotway .. In the first instance I saw that the motorcode started with 1705, so I am cautious.. But the serial is 170609.. so the build is outside the period that Gotway marks as the 'bad' period.. Thus far, fully geared up of with all kind of protective parts, I have ridden 35KM and tried everything to figure out if I can find issues.. Like taking bumps slow/fast/accelerating/decelerating, offroad, smooth asphalt.. 

For now I haven't seen any issues but I keep cautious and build confidence with the wheel.. It is a day and night difference in comparison with a 9B1E+... More stable, more rigid, going fast is easy, hard breaking is easy.. I love it :-)

:cheers::thumbup:

• Upvote 2

On 2017-6-17 at 6:36 PM, EU GUY said:

yeah. Its a good thing we spread the word. now that everyone knows, its not as easy to ignore it :)

Unfortunately people seen it as me attacking gotway when thats not the case at all. I care about the riders and i felt it was my obligation to warn them.

• Upvote 2

@Jason McNeil You're doing great work. Sad that GW are either unable or unwilling to tell what exactly is going on.

6 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Today however, Marty reported this his MSuper is afflicted by oscillation fault!

Oh dear. @Marty Backe Did you fall?

Feeling sorry for all the affected, waiting so long for wheels, hearing they might be affected, being told they are not, and now they might be again:cry2:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Sounds bad! Go to a doctor?

It's not 'doctor bad', but it's going to be sore for a couple of weeks. Thanks.

• Upvote 3

Sorry to hear Marty!!

Can you tell me more about how you got the oscillations?.. The reason is that I have received my MSuper 1600 3 days ago and I am worried, but I can't tell if I have an affected wheel.. I have driven 35Km total under all kinds of conditions but mine is still solid. But nevertheless I am not 100% confident!!

Wheel code 1705 and serial 170609

Hope you'll get well soon and are able to drive the new machine after having it fixed, hopefully soon.. 

Edited by MichaelHensen

• esaj changed the title to Oscillation and cut out problem with Gotway MSuper V3, ACM, maybe Monster shipped from May 2017 onwards
  • esaj unpinned this topic
  • esaj unfeatured this topic