Oscillation and cut out problem with Gotway MSuper V3, ACM, maybe Monster shipped from May 2017 onwards

5 hours ago, Mono said:

LOL, absolute confidence. It feels I have read this many times before, only with different dates attached.

Tell me, are you aware of any generic problems with Gotway wheels since early summer? I'm not.

On 27.10.2017 at 10:35 PM, Marty Backe said:

There was a small window where the MSuper's had the bad firmware. Certainly any Gotway wheel made after July 2017 can be ridden with absolute confidence that the firmware is good. It's essentially November. I think you're safe buying an MSuper.

Hi. My dealer says that my gotway msuper is produced at the end of July 2017.

Am I safe or not :) 

11 minutes ago, baracuda50 said:

Hi. My dealer says that my gotway msuper is produced at the end of July 2017.

Am I safe or not :) 

In my opinion you are. From everything we know, wheels produced after June 2017 had the good firmware.

• Upvote 2

On 10/28/2017 at 6:54 PM, Marty Backe said:

Tell me, are you aware of any generic problems with Gotway wheels since early summer? I'm not.

It feels I have read this many times before, only with different dates attached.

I don't keep track of "generic problems" with Gotway wheels. Even if I would, I were probably far from absolutely confidence that there couldn't be any problem just because I am not aware of any (yet). That is in particular so if problems were (notoriously) known until after a last software update.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mono said:

It feels I have read this many times before, only with different dates attached.

I don't keep track of "generic problems" with Gotway wheels. Even if I would, I were probably far from absolutely confidence that there couldn't be any problem just because I am not aware of any (yet). That is in particular so if problems were (notoriously) known until after a last software update.

So basically, regardless of actual reality you will be the Gotway cynic for the foreseeable future.

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

So basically, regardless of actual reality you will be the Gotway cynic for the foreseeable future.

Using this terminology, I count the past as "actual reality". The past is quite important to predict the future. In fact, as it turns out, the past is the only actual reality we have to predict the future. To all I know of this world, judging the expertise of engineers from their past work (say, the percentage of flawless updates we have seen over a relevant period of time) has quite high predictive power. Of course, these predictions (AKA prior) are to be adjusted with actual data coming in, which of course goes both ways (to the better as well as to the worse).

This has nothing to do with cynicism, though I freely admit to be outrageously cynic at times... for example if someone claims to have, just this time, removed the last bug from their software...

Edited by Mono
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Unless there's no meaningful competition. I've said it before, if KingSong made a suite of wheels that competed with Gotway at every level (power, batteries, etc.) than I most likely would not buy another Gotway. They don't, so I continue to buy Gotway :crying:

I hear you bro... :laughbounce2:

• Like 1

On 29/10/2017 at 9:18 PM, Marty Backe said:

In my opinion you are. From everything we know, wheels produced after June 2017 had the good firmware.

My seller told me this:

De GW Msuper V3 1600Wh is after series 0517, so it is the safe version.

Edited by ir_fuel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

The oscillation problem occurred to me a few days ago at about 39kph. Luckily I was wearing a pretty think hoodie and pants so all I got was a small(ish) road rash on my arm and a small scratches on my leg and hip (so basically, no big deal). Anyway, I ordered my wheel (Gotway ACMs 1,300Wh) around the end of August from ewheels so I don't know if this problem had to do with my wheel being from a pre-June 2017 batch or if this was a new problem. Just felt that I should put out a warning since this happened pretty unexpectedly after 7+ months of use.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, person5555 said:

The oscillation problem occurred to me a few days ago at about 39kph. Luckily I was wearing a pretty think hoodie and pants so all I got was a small(ish) road rash on my arm and a small scratches on my leg and hip (so basically, no big deal). Anyway, I ordered my wheel (Gotway ACMs 1,300Wh) around the end of August from ewheels so I don't know if this problem had to do with my wheel being from a pre-June 2017 batch or if this was a new problem. Just felt that I should put out a warning since this happened pretty unexpectedly after 7+ months of use.

Coming from EWheels, I highly doubt that your wheel has the firmware issue since Jason re-flashed the wheels in that time period.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Rehab1 I've spent a lot of time wondering whether your injury would have been different or less severe had you been wearing a different kind of wrist-guards.  I have a pair of Triple 8 Hired Hands and a pair of flexmeters and they're designed so differently, while both seeming to offer protection, that I'm at a loss to guess which is actually safer/better.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

@Rehab1 I've spent a lot of time wondering whether your injury would have been different or less severe had you been wearing a different kind of wrist-guards.  I have a pair of Triple 8 Hired Hands and a pair of flexmeters and they're designed so differently, while both seeming to offer protection, that I'm at a loss to guess which is actually safer/better.  

You should swap them out wearing one of each at the same time... You will still be a Guinea Pig, but in the unfortunate event of an accident we will at least get some valuable data!   ?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

Interestingly my hands never touched the ground. It was left elbow and head that hit.  Instead of fracturing my elbow upon impact the baton was passed and the forces were translated up to my humeral head. Not sure if elbow pads would have absorbed some of the forces. Unfortunately I was not wearing them at the time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• esaj unpinned this topic
  • esaj unfeatured this topic