Oscillation and cut out problem with Gotway MSuper V3, ACM, maybe Monster shipped from May 2017 onwards

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

But if the 18S indeed has a 60A fuse and can go forever below this (do you know the wiring thickness used?) then I'm suddenly very interested:w00t2:The 18L (I'd prefer a lower, wider wheel) can't come soon enough! Hnnng! Also, some money coming my way would be nice;)

didn't you read my 18S review? ;-)

motor wires and sensor wires are seperate...sensor wires on one axle, motor wires are on the other axle, on a thicker axle than on 18a's....motor wires consist of a "one strand" thick cooper wire for each phase, like used in 220volt settings (also je phase nur ein dicker kupfer Strang, statt viele kleine dünne), nope, i dont know the exact wire thickness, but havent seen thicker ones before :-)

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Well, current = wattage/voltage so firmware can only do so much.

I would guess that depends on the used motor, also...

And what happens on board-batterie side (60Amp protected) and on board-motor side is another game also....

• Upvote 1

I would like 100% confirmation I can force this thing uphills like crazy, and it will either beep at me, or go on without damage. If that were true, I'd get one instantly, goodbye ACM. Your description sounds very tempting... did they make their own motor with thicker axles, or how did this work?

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 2017-08-27 at 10:00 PM, KingSong69 said:

didn't you read my 18S review? ;-)

motor wires and sensor wires are seperate...sensor wires on one axle, motor wires are on the other axle, on a thicker axle than on 18a's....motor wires consist of a "one strand" thick cooper wire for each phase, like used in 220volt settings (also je phase nur ein dicker kupfer Strang, statt viele kleine dünne), nope, i dont know the exact wire thickness, but havent seen thicker ones before :-)

I would guess that depends on the used motor, also...

And what happens on board-batterie side (60Amp protected) and on board-motor side is another game also....

At lower frequencies (below kHz) solid wire has a very small resistance advantage, a few percents, at the cost of inflexibility which may be a problem in a vibrating environment unless the wire is perfectly secured. Fatigue through hardening may cause breakage unless the wire stays reasonably still. Stranded wire has more surface area which means less resistance at higher frequencies, but the main advantage for our purposes are that flexibility.

I'm not sure how much the vibrations in a EUC means for the longevity of a solid wire, but I do hope KS has secured their motor-wires properly.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Contemplating buying a 1600Wh Msuper. Can get one with less than 200km for 1400 euro. New it's 2200 euro

Then I stumbled on this topic ....

crap ...

I'm a little confused. What about this topic is disturbing you?

Just now, Marty Backe said:

I'm a little confused. What about this topic is disturbing you?

That it will be like playing on the lottery if I get that wheel.

There is no way for me to be 100% sure that the wheel has been patched/fixed/not affected.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ir_fuel said:

That it will be like playing on the lottery if I get that wheel.

There is no way for me to be 100% sure that the wheel has been patched/fixed/not affected.

There was a small window where the MSuper's had the bad firmware. Certainly any Gotway wheel made after July 2017 can be ridden with absolute confidence that the firmware is good. It's essentially November. I think you're safe buying an MSuper.

Just now, Marty Backe said:

There was a small window where the MSuper's had the bad firmware. Certainly any Gotway wheel made after July 2017 can be ridden with absolute confidence that the firmware is good. It's essentially November. I think you're safe buying an MSuper.

Yeah, but a second hand one with only 200km on it. How to check? And the new one, how long has it been in storage? Not a wheel that gets sold every day, so how can I check?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, but a second hand one with only 200km on it. How to check? And the new one, how long has it been in storage? Not a wheel that gets sold every day, so how can I check?

Hopefully it has the original boxes/papers and all...than you can see the production date on the serial number!

Also there is a production date in the number on the rim....so you should see that the batterys are not “to old”...that should also be seeable by the version of v3s...has it white sideplates? black sideplates?

Black is a sign for the newest versiion!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 1

The dealer that you buy it from should be able to tell you when it was produced. If they can't then you find another dealer. A second hand wheel is obviously more difficult but not impossible - if you can talk to the person that actually bought the wheel. If they have all the paperwork, it includes the production date.

Just now, KingSong69 said:

sure..

Well, that's the last thing I want to do. Buy a "high end" (ahem ...) Gotway wheel in China. 

This is one of the wheels where I think a local reseller is important if there are issues. This is no Mten3.

1500 in China, or 1735 in Europe ( I can buy it without VAT) for a new one. I think it's easy to choose....

4 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Well, that's the last thing I want to do. Buy a "high end" (ahem ...) Gotway wheel in China. 

This is one of the wheels where I think a local reseller is important if there are issues. This is no Mten3.

1500 in China, or 1735 in Europe ( I can buy it without VAT) for a new one. I think it's easy to choose....

Ok...thats no question...for just 200bucks!

But now its 1735....two posts before you talked about 2200 new ....that a small difference ;-)

But in the end its just that 1400 is not that “hot”....used EUC go for much cheaper.

Edited by KingSong69

3 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Ok...thats no question...for just 200bucks!

But now its 1735....two posts before you talked about 2200 new ....that a small difference ;-)

2100 inc 21% VAT :) ->  1735 ex vat

I suppose the 1400 is also including 21% VAT, making it 1157 for me

3 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

But in the end its just that 1400 is not that “hot”....used EUC go for much cheaper.

So you see it's not as if they make huge money in Europe. 200 euro more than ali (VAT is for the state, not for the seller :( )

suppose the 1400 is also including 21% VAT, making it 1157 for me

i doubt that...but hope the best for you!

So 2100? not 2200?...but no matter, in germany you can get the v3s+ even for 1950...including. all VAT.

And nobody is complaining about fair prices!

But when the wheel is 2400euro new in France...and 1400-1500 in china (where you even can substract 200transport costs) then it gets questionable...but that was another thread, wasn’t it?

Just now, KingSong69 said:

But when the wheel is 2400euro new in France...and 1400-1500 in china (where you even can substract 200transport costs) then it gets questionable...but that was another thread, wasn’t it?

True.

I just saw it on urban360, a French seller. 2390 euro including VAT for the 1600Wh version.

Oh and FYI, your "green" friend at ali sells them for :

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Freeshipping-Gotway-Msuper3-1640WH-Life-150KM-the-maximum-speed-of-55KM-H-the-fastest-the-most/32722898397.html

2000 euro ...

19 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

True.

I just saw it on urban360, a French seller. 2390 euro including VAT for the 1600Wh version.

Oh and FYI, your "green" friend at ali sells them for :

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Freeshipping-Gotway-Msuper3-1640WH-Life-150KM-the-maximum-speed-of-55KM-H-the-fastest-the-most/32722898397.html

2000 euro ...

Look again!!!

He has two announces for the v3s...dont know what this 2350dollar is meant for!

I would take this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Latest-upgrade-Gotway-Msuper3S-1600WH-84V-Life-150KM-the-maximum-speed-of-55KM-H-the-fastest/1908673_32832913078.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.4a55cf82OnyPep

1785 Dollar...1530 Euro....

But you know what is really stinking? set the destination land to france...and the price gets up to 2320,50....and thats on all GW’s...

So by far that shop isnt my “green” friend...this shop has fallen out of my recommendation list since that practices which i would call kinda “monopolizing”

Edited by KingSong69

14 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Contemplating buying a 1600Wh Msuper. Can get one with less than 200km for 1400 euro. New it's 2200 euro

Then I stumbled on this topic ....

crap ...

Considering that the problem got fixed quite quickly by gotway.. there is no need. Get the new wheel, find someone who can reflash it or buy a new pcb with the firmware already on it and new bigger motor conectors if not already installed. Its a superb wheel!

Edited by EU GUY
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Certainly any Gotway wheel made after July 2017 can be ridden with absolute confidence that the firmware is good.

LOL, absolute confidence. It feels I have read this many times before, only with different dates attached.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

• esaj unpinned this topic
  • esaj unfeatured this topic