horn for euc

Finally i got a tool that can act as horn while im riding my euc, since i have falling off mostly because of the ignorant of the other road user (in my country every vehicles share the same road)

This is actually a flashlight that featuring an alarm+strobe for defensive thing(mostly for ladies to blind the thief with strobe and alarm for getting attention for other people to help), but then i realized that it can be used as horn :P

3 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Loud and you can't beat the size.  It would be nice if it didn't sound like a car alarm or rape alert, though.

I think I like it... I hate getting raped while I'm riding! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Roue Libre said:

I saw many of such devices on geek.wish.com, but I didn't buy yet. I am looking for one that sounds like a bike bell.

Something like this, perhaps...

https://run-bell.com

Though admittedly, it doesn't come with batteries! 

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

5 hours ago, Doelz HeroesCharge said:

Finally i got a tool that can act as horn while im riding my euc, since i have falling off mostly because of the ignorant of the other road user (in my country every vehicles share the same road)

This is actually a flashlight that featuring an alarm+strobe for defensive thing(mostly for ladies to blind the thief with strobe and alarm for getting attention for other people to help), but then i realized that it can be used as horn :P

Where I live alot of people run/jog/walk and they usually have their headphones on so I just use a referee whistle, i keep it around my neck it works well 

4 minutes ago, EUCMania said:

This is my horn, squeaky rubber duckies. They are effective, fun, fun, cheap and protect your hands

20170609_104411.jpg

Also good as a flotation device should you fall into that lake you were riding past...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

That can hurt your figure badly if you fall. Use a soft bell such as a rubber ducky. Also, the sound of rubber ducky is is just too cute for those in front of you to be annoyed. They will step aside with a big smile.

Edited by EUCMania
  • Like 1

Well for the first time ever I am getting a weird and repeated glitch on Amazon.

I just ordered two items through their one-click method just by adding it to the cart.  In other words, the wrong thing happened.  One-click is a buying method that goes past adding to the cart and purchases immediately.  It cannot ever be recalled or stopped and the payment method cannot be chosen.  But generally ... GENERALLY ... items can be returned on Amazon ... so there's that?

The process got creepy this time.

Anyway, I "accidentally" ordered through zero fault of my own one item that looks cool - a metal flashlight that would probably be a good mini-baton/yawara stick/kubotan type deal that has a stun gun incorporated in ... and another, a very small shriek alarm operated by a pull-tab.

Only thing is, I would normally check the legality of the first item before buying ... but Amazon did not give me the chance this time.

All I was trying to do was check out small hand-held alarms and now I bought two things without choosing too.  Amazon is sometimes lame ...

j

On 6/9/2017 at 0:17 PM, Doelz HeroesCharge said:

just testing this flashlight tonight, it really works well on street, the light is bright enough to see the road (500+ lumens), and i try using the alarm+strobe on motor rider who trying to cross the road in front of me, i got his attention and he stopped lol

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/9/2017 at 8:51 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Something like this, perhaps...

https://run-bell.com

Though admittedly, it doesn't come with batteries! 

I also use runbell, works fine every time, no need for any unreliable high tech stuff like bluetooth buttons.

If you browse e-bay I suppose you can find it much cheaper than $25. For example: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ring-Runbell-Sport-Bell-Run-Prompt-Fashion-For-Safe-Toy-Hand-Metal-Fidget-z/283635674608?hash=item420a00edf0:g:i-AAAOSwyKZdmruz

• 2 years later...