High Speed Cruise In Balboa Park, CA -Sunday 6/10/17

swvision

Hi there,

I'll be hosting an electric unicycle cruise this weekend on Sunday. If you're interested let me know. We will meet up at the RC field in Van Nuys at 9:00 AM.

Expect average speeds of 20 mph if congestion is low. Also, you can stay as long as you'd like. We will most likely do over 30 miles around Lake Balboa Park, Sepulveda Basin Wildlife Reserve, and all the way up to Topanga State Park, if your wheel has enough battery left in it.

CAPPACA.thumb.JPG.81f353a92d0e3ada4b0ee29c62b3d245.JPG

ARRIVAL TIME EDITED TO 9:00 AM

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @jrkline @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @abinder3 @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@HeavyGoing @Marty Backe

2 hours ago, swvision said:

Hi there,

I'll be hosting an electric unicycle cruise this weekend on Sunday. If you're interested let me know. We will meet up at the RC field in Van Nuys at 10:30AM.

Expect average speeds of 20 mph if congestion is low. Also, you can stay as long as you'd like. We will most likely do over 30 miles around Lake Balboa Park, Sepulveda Basin Wildlife Reserve, and all the way up to Topanga State Park, if your wheel has enough battery left in it.

CAPPACA.thumb.JPG.81f353a92d0e3ada4b0ee29c62b3d245.JPG

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @jrkline @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @abinder3 @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@HeavyGoing @Marty Backe

I'll be there. Do we have to ride at 20mph ? ;)

BTW, is this mostly flat ground riding? If there aren't many hills I think I'll ride the Monster

Just now, Marty Backe said:

I'll be there. Do we have to ride at 20mph ? ;)

BTW, is this mostly flat ground riding? If there aren't many hills I think I'll ride the Monster

Great Marty! Well, there will be some ups and downs but mostly flat. yes. Also, there'll be a lot of dirt paths with bumps. We don't have to go too fast, whatever feels safe.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@Marty Backe  It appears that this will be in the area of the Orange Line Bikeway that I've ridden before.  The Monster will be great to ride there.  No 'hills' like we've encountered on some rides.  Very gentle slopes. 

Dont know if I'll be there. Sunday is the day that I change some water in my fish tank.  Just mixing the new salt water is a 4 hour process of waiting for it to mix properly.  Starting the ride at 10:30am pretty much takes away the whole day for me. (9am start would still leave me time.)

When I rode on the Orange Line Bikeway, I started at 8am. By the time I was back (about 9:30am) there was starting to be a lot of people on the path.  Reviews I've seen about the area around Balboa say the weekends get pretty congested with people walking their dogs and stretching across the width of the path in the late part of the morning and continuing most of the day.  I don't think you will be doing "20mph" much of the time. 

Allen

2 hours ago, abinder3 said:

@Marty Backe  It appears that this will be in the area of the Orange Line Bikeway that I've ridden before.  The Monster will be great to ride there.  No 'hills' like we've encountered on some rides.  Very gentle slopes. 

Dont know if I'll be there. Sunday is the day that I change some water in my fish tank.  Just mixing the new salt water is a 4 hour process of waiting for it to mix properly.  Starting the ride at 10:30am pretty much takes away the whole day for me. (9am start would still leave me time.)

When I rode on the Orange Line Bikeway, I started at 8am. By the time I was back (about 9:30am) there was starting to be a lot of people on the path.  Reviews I've seen about the area around Balboa say the weekends get pretty congested with people walking their dogs and stretching across the width of the path in the late part of the morning and continuing most of the day.  I don't think you will be doing "20mph" much of the time. 

Allen

Thanks Allen and hope to see you. I do like to start my rides early too so that I have the afternoon free for other stuff, plus it's cooler in the morning.

43 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

@swvision  Thanks for the 'tour' today.  Truly a nice ride. 

(I was totally exhausted when I got back home, but had a great time.)

Allen

It was very nice seeing you today! Have a great rest of the weekend. -until next time-

20 minutes ago, Sven said:

That was great Andy! I loved that intro sequence - reminded me of some old TV shows :)  Next time you have to let me hold your camera so that you can get in that intro.
Too bad you missed our chain ride, but there's always next group ride. We'll get it in video one of these times.

You need to post this in the main Video thread - people would enjoy it.

Thanks for documenting the ride :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

That was great Andy! I loved that intro sequence - reminded me of some old TV shows :)  Next time you have to let me hold your camera so that you can get in that intro.
Too bad you missed our chain ride, but there's always next group ride. We'll get it in video one of these times.

You need to post this in the main Video thread - people would enjoy it.

Thanks for documenting the ride :thumbup:

Yeah, not sure what i was thinking. I was like "o.m.g...." that would've been an epic footage. 

Next time, I will bring selfie stick that comes with my osmo ^____________^

Anytime Marty, there's no better way to end my weekend. 

Archived