Lifting an ACM then turning off

Hi folks,

I sometimes accidentally lift my Gotway ACM 1300wh when it's still on. I know I should not. Then it starts spinning like hell. I know that's normal. But it looks to be impossible to turn it off while it's spinning ? The only way is to wait that it automatically turns off ? People around me were being scared by the beeps :unsure:

Thanks for any suggestion !

1 hour ago, Roue Libre said:

Hi folks,

I sometimes accidentally lift my Gotway ACM 1300wh when it's still on. I know I should not. Then it starts spinning like hell. I know that's normal. But it looks to be impossible to turn it off while it's spinning ? The only way is to wait that it automatically turns off ? People around me were being scared by the beeps :unsure:

Thanks for any suggestion !

The wheel can't tell the difference between normal riding snd beeing lifted - so you can't turn it off like while riding.

Once lifted you can hold the wheel level until it spins slow enough to be put on the ground again.

9 hours ago, Chriull said:

Once lifted you can hold the wheel level until it spins slow enough to be put on the ground again.

Though that depends on the wheel and your skills. I can't do that reliably with my InMotion V8, even when prepared to do so. 

If it starts spinning in one direction just tilt it back the other way until it starts to reverse, then either turn it of or adjust the tilt until it's in balance and stops spinning.

SIMPLES!! :)

Once in a while I accidentally pick up my wheel without first turning it off. Like Roue Libre described, it won't turn off, no matter how long I hold down the power button! I always wondered why, but now that I've read Chriull's explanation, I understand. I should have been able to realize that on my own, but I didn't!

My experience is different from Roue Libre's description in that my wheels stop immediately just by putting them back down on the ground. They don't pull away or anything. They simply stop, which allows me to turn the wheel off. The following wheels I own stop immediately if they are spinning in the air, then placed on the ground: IPS 121, IPS 191 Lhotz, Gotway MCM3. Therefore I never had a reason to try this idea of tilting the wheel to make it stop. I will certainly bear it in mind for the future though. A spinning wheel that won't turn off is scary!

1 hour ago, MaxLinux said:

I thought the V8 turns off via a switch in the handle when picked up.

It does, but it's a feature that can be turned off (e.g. for using a training belt), and it's even possible with some effort to avoid the switch when picking it up.

2 hours ago, Gimlet said:

If it starts spinning in one direction just tilt it back the other way until it starts to reverse, then either turn it of or adjust the tilt until it's in balance and stops spinning.

SIMPLES!! :)

Sure, that works indeed with my Gotway. But the V8 controller is much more agile, I just can't keep up with that one. Actually, I also don't manage with the IPS 132, but this I can just turn off while spinning :P

12 hours ago, steve454 said:

The Ninebot  One E+ can be turned off while in the air spinning

More scary: Ninebot One E+ can be turned off while riding it :shock2: :blink1: If a large insect hits the button when you are at full speed, you might fall.

On 6/10/2017 at 5:47 AM, Roue Libre said:

More scary: Ninebot One E+ can be turned off while riding it :shock2: :blink1: If a large insect hits the button when you are at full speed, you might fall.

If a large insect hits me in the face, I might fall.:P  If I ride between two trees with a large spiderweb between them, I will fall!  Screaming and flailing my arms around my head.:w00t2: Especially if the web wraps around my head.:wacko::(:shock2:

7 hours ago, steve454 said:

If a large insect hits me in the face, I might fall.:P  If I ride between two trees with a large spiderweb between them, I will fall!  Screaming and flailing my arms around my head.:w00t2: Especially if the web wraps around my head.:wacko::(:shock2:

You wouldn't be an aracnophobe by any chance would you? :efee96588e:

16 hours ago, Gimlet said:

You wouldn't be an aracnophobe by any chance would you? :efee96588e:

No, I don't mind spiders if I can keep at a distance.  What I hate is running through the woods as a child and running straight through a big spider web strung between two trees that wrapped completely around my head.  I went screaming to mommy.  I actually admire and respect spiders for having eight legs and eyes and making webs,  I just don't like to get too close.  I give them room, they don't bother me.:mellow:

I always find a curb or a wall for the EUC to lean on when I'm having a break, so that I will not touch the EUC by hand both at stop and start to ride again.

Once I did the same to rest my Msuper3s+ on a curb, it started to spin itself madly until finally cut off. There was smoke and the ground became very hot:blink1:

Archived