EUCs on the big screen?

Just wondered if anyone had ever seen electric unicycles appear in a movie before? I don't recall seeing such a film.

Getting EUCs featured in a big movie would certainly help to promote electric unicycling to the masses (which users of this forum may or may not appreciate)!

I'd love to see a futuristic sci-fi film where they are used as a primary means of transportation, hopefully with some awesome chase scenes :)

49 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

There was a comuter drive through on a euc in a futuristic railway station on one but I can't remember the name of the film.

I think it was the movie Tomorrowland (2015).  It bombed.  But the scene you might be thinking of shows a guy pulling up at train station in an EUC where the wheel was digitally erased so it looked like a sort of hover-EUC.

Although the device itself wasn't visible, I think a villain in one of the new Doctor Who episodes was riding either a hoverboard or an EUC with long cape... don't know if it's available in Youtube or something.

EDIT:  It's season 9, episode 1. The villain is "Colony Sarff". From behind the scenes -notes:

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Colony_Sarff

• The character's 'slithering' walk was created by using a 'hover board' device which was hidden under his robes.[1]

I burst out laughing when I saw the scene, as it was pretty obvious from the motion the actor's riding some sort of self-balancing vehicle ;)

1 hour ago, RichieV said:

I think it was the movie Tomorrowland (2015).  It bombed.  But the scene you might be thinking of shows a guy pulling up at train station in an EUC where the wheel was digitally erased so it looked like a sort of hover-EUC.

That's the one!

On 2017-6-7 at 11:07 AM, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Getting EUCs featured in a big movie would certainly help to promote electric unicycling to the masses (which users of this forum may or may not appreciate)!

Over the years I've had encounters/sales with celebrities, film companies, Directors, etc. Back in 2015 (while in London)I even did a screening for a production company working with Discovery, who were commissioning a series on tech innovation. They wanted to take it forward, but I had already left for the more salubrious climes across the Atlantic B)

Probably one of the reasons why none of us Distributors has really been driving this forward, is because although the current roster of products is good, there's still a lot of room for improvement. If/when Inmotion makes a 800W, 60 cells version of the V5F, the Wheel will be good enough for mass adoption. Probably the single most important reason why the Wheel is so popular in France, is because of the television campaigns @Vincent Bourdeau did with the early Solowheels.

There's some interesting projects in the pipeline here. Should be in a position to reveal more in a couple months. 

3 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Over the years I've had encounters/sales with celebrities, film companies, Directors, etc. Back in 2015 (while in London)I even did a screening for a production company working with Discovery, who were commissioning a series on tech innovation. They wanted to take it forward, but I had already left for the more salubrious climes across the Atlantic B)

Probably one of the reasons why none of us Distributors has really been driving this forward, is because although the current roster of products is good, there's still a lot of room for improvement. If/when Inmotion makes a 800W, 60 cells version of the V5F, the Wheel will be good enough for mass adoption. Probably the single most important reason why the Wheel is so popular in France, is because of the television campaigns @Vincent Bourdeau did with the early Solowheels.

There's some interesting projects in the pipeline here. Should be in a position to reveal more in a couple months. 

I had Eric Bana say 'that's cool, man' as he passed with shopping whilst doing circles on my V5f+ in Hyde Park as he walked past.......Yep. That's my celeb-encounter high-point.

This was also literally 10/15 metres from the big Hector statue ?

9 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

That's my celeb-encounter high-point.

Every Wheel Rider becomes a Celebrity the moment they step on their Wheel! 

Without one, we're like Superman bereft of his powers, indistinguishable from the crowd.

8 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Without one, we're like Superman bereft of his powers, indistinguishable from the crowd.

If you step on your wheel and nobody is there to see it, are you still a celebrity?

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Probably the single most important reason why the Wheel is so popular in France, is because of the television campaigns @Vincent Bourdeau did with the early Solowheels.

Very interesting, did not know that! (always thought there was another reason to the French fascination besides "they just like alternative transportation")

Probably one of the reasons why none of us Distributors has really been driving this forward, is because although the current roster of products is good, there's still a lot of room for improvement. If/when Inmotion makes a 800W, 60 cells version of the V5F, the Wheel will be good enough for mass adoption. 

Please say 35kph V5 *fingers crossed* :ph34r::ph34r:

Yes, Batman status, no real powers of our own!

If Inmotion made an 18" wheel with the MSV3+ stats, I would be totally on-board. I Google now and then but no new wheels announced from Inmotion, just those new scooters.

What a shame, they make a beautiful wheel, but they need to step it up to the big leagues. They like money in Korea right?:D

7 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

LOL I'm the original Clark Kent and I like it that way.  I'm not sure I want to be a stand-out in the crowd.  But since I've never seen an EUC in my town, I guess I will be forced to become the EUC ambassador around here.

Oh well, no more peeping in windows and throwing up in gutters on weekends.  I'd better clean up my act!

Anyone wants to get a role in a movie? Just do some EUC riding in Hollywood to grab the attention of a movie director or screen writer. I know there are many girls run around there naked just to catch some attention. Why don't they rider EUCs? This way, one can become a celebrity fast. Dam, I am old and not handsome for this purpose. Else I will do it. Hey California riders, ride in Hollywood, Beverly Hill, or wherever movie directors might pass by.

12 minutes ago, EUCMania said:

Anyone wants to get a role in a movie? Just do some EUC riding in Hollywood to grab the attention of a movie director or screen writer. I know there are many girls run around there naked just to catch some attention. Why don't they rider EUCs? This way, one can become a celebrity fast. Dam, I am old and not handsome for this purpose. Else I will do it. Hey California riders, ride in Hollywood, Beverly Hill, or wherever movie directors might pass by.

Go to Newport Beach, almost any Orange County shopping mall after work hours and you will see the most bewildering percentage of drop dead gorgeous women you have ever seen.  It's bewildering because you will probably see that high a percentage of perfectly beautiful people nowhere else on earth.  Walking around the ostensibly real world there feels like living in a movie set.  It manages to make being gorgeous seem ordinary.

If you want to stand out in that environment -- the environment any casting agent can draw upon any night of the week -- you definitely need to do and be something different. Ordinary people need not apply.  

Perhaps riding an EUC could do it.  But you'd better do it right and you'd better do it beautiful, because the competition is so fierce you wouldn't believe ...

37 minutes ago, EUCMania said:

You could double your money and ride your EUC while being naked! B)B)B)

Archived