King Song KS-14S' improvements compared to KS-14D

Diana@szkingsong.com

10 hours ago, ToffeeGirl said:

I'm

7 hours ago, ToffeeGirl said:

@Diana@szkingsong.com, i am unable to turn off the 'hello' message on my 14D (firmware 1.02). I tried disabling the Voice Control but the 'hello' message is still announcing when I turn on my unicycle. Did I do the wrong steps?

Models( from 14'' to 18S) made before June have " Hello King Song" starting up sound, models made now have no more this sound.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

User programmable sounds uploaded through the app would be fun.  You could then choose the default "Hello KingSong" or select a customized sound of a certain length.  That way users could add in some neat sound effects on start to make their wheels unique.

User programmable....I know where this is headed buddy: "Ride Me You Hunka Hunka Burnin Love"!;)

7 hours ago, Diana@szkingsong.com said:

Models( from 14'' to 18S) made before June have " Hello King Song" starting up sound, models made now have no more this sound.

@Diana@szkingsong.com, when will the new firmware (for this feature) be released to the models with production date earlier than June? 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Bummer, my new 14S has the Hello KingSong grerting when turned on. Man I hate that :(

Yeah, that blows, but I think I read a long time ago that you can record silence over it.  Anyway, how does it compare to the 14C?  I watched your Whittier ride again yesterday, where it overheated on the hill.  Hoping you will recreate that ride for comparison, (except for the part at about 21 minutes in where you took a different path back along a 200 foot sheer cliff on a tiny trail)  I'm scared of heights.:unsure:

35 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Bummer, my new 14S has the Hello KingSong grerting when turned on. Man I hate that :(

For 50 Bucks I can change it to say:"Hello Mr. Superman Marty!" ;)

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

For 50 Bucks I can change it to say:"Hello Mr. Superman Marty!" ;)

I bet you could :)

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

They are pretty proud of their product, aren't they?

That they are :mellow:

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

Yeah, that blows, but I think I read a long time ago that you can record silence over it.  Anyway, how does it compare to the 14C?  I watched your Whittier ride again yesterday, where it overheated on the hill.  Hoping you will recreate that ride for comparison, (except for the part at about 21 minutes in where you took a different path back along a 200 foot sheer cliff on a tiny trail)  I'm scared of heights.:unsure:

I'm doing a range test tomorrow and the next day I'll be taking it into the mountains to test its propensity to overheat (I hope it doesn't). I'm off from work this week so I can play a bit more :thumbup:

So far I'm really liking it except for one thing that, using your words, BLOWS. The speed limiter is kicking in all the time. I only charged it to 75% before taking it for a ride. It would tilt-back at ~17mph. As my battery level decreased so did the tilt-back speed. At about 50% battery my max speed was 15mph.

Look, I don't want to even go 20mph on this wheel, but at least let me go 18. Looks like I'm going to have a narrow window (100% - 80%) where I can ride full speed.

I hope Jason is correct that new firmware will be available with a few weeks to fix this.

I'll be doing a review video once I have the range and mountain test done.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Bummer, my new 14S has the Hello KingSong greeting when turned on. Man I hate that :(

As far as i. know:

This should be gone with fw 1.03....which to my understanding is allready available, but only on the new Kingsong app.

Which firmware do you have?

this means your wheel is production date before July, i guess....

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

your words, BLOWS. The speed limiter is kicking in all the time. I only charged it to 75% before taking it for a ride. It would tilt-back at ~17mph. As my battery level decreased so did the tilt-back speed. At about 50% battery

?

Thats hefty, over 50% batterie it should be doing 30kmh...18/19mph ....what are your alarm settings?

Hopefully they change that ....it has the most conservative settings of all KS wheels at the moment.

50 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

?

Thats hefty, over 50% batterie it should be doing 30kmh...18/19mph ....what are your alarm settings?

Hopefully they change that ....it has the most conservative settings of all KS wheels at the moment.

I unlocked the wheel. 1st and 2nd alarms are off. The 3rd alarm and tilt-back is set to 30km/h, the highest number that's accepted.

Nope, at 50% battery, tilt-back is kicking in at 15mph. Jason told me ahead of time that at 60v (I don't recall what that is in terms of battery %) the KS14S is limited to 12mph. I'll confirm all of these numbers during my formal range test tomorrow.

It's my only big disappointment so far.

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

As far as i. know:

This should be gone with fw 1.03....which to my understanding is allready available, but only on the new Kingsong app.

Which firmware do you have?

this means your wheel is production date before July, i guess....

My firmware is 1.04

I can turn off the voice speed warnings, but not the "Hello KingSong".

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Bummer, my new 14S has the Hello KingSong greeting when turned on. Man I hate that :(

Actually this is a feature, demanded by your wife.

Until now always when she said "Marty, please go out mow the lawn", you sneaked out the door, turned on your Gotway and were away.

Kingsong heard about that and wanted to do your wife a favour, so that she is supportive when you want to buy new KS wheels.

3 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Actually this is a feature, demanded by your wife.

Until now always when she said "Marty, please go out mow the lawn", you sneaked out the door, turned on your Gotway and were away.

Kingsong heard about that and wanted to do your wife a favour, so that she is supportive when you want to buy new KS wheels.

:laughbounce2:

My firmware is 1.04

I can turn off the voice speed warnings, but not the "Hello KingSong".

Then it really seams to depend on production date (take a look on the motor serial number?)....as Diana said.

And to give another bummer:

My wheel does Not greet me with "hello KS".....instead it allways shouts at me: "bluetooth is connected".....:blink1:

But to be honest, there are worse faults in EUC world :-)

Thats the newest firmware available...But there is still hope that on the next version (or installing it again-should be working on the new app) the Hello Ks is gone...

15mph. Jason told me ahead of time that at 60v (I don't recall what that is in terms of battery %) the KS14S is limited to 12mph. I'll confirm all of these numbers during my formal range test tomorrow.

60Volts are about 50%(ks14d/s)

58volts are about 40% (ks16s, ks16 under 1.25, ks18s....but all going down in small iterations, not directly like 14d/s!)

55volts are about 25-30%(ks16 since 1.25)

so hopefully Ks changes that at least to going down in small steps...and not in this direct big "jump"..which could be a programming fault)

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Then it really seams to depend on production date (take a look on the motor serial number?)....as Diana said.

And to give another bummer:

My wheel does Not greet me with "hello KS".....instead it allways shouts at me: "bluetooth is connected".....:blink1:

But to be honest, there are worse faults in EUC world :-)

Thats the newest firmware available...But there is still hope that on the next version (or installing it again-should be working on the new app) the Hello Ks is gone...

Yes, apparently all the KingSongs do the "Bluetooth is connected" thing. I can live with both - it's not that important, but I don't like.

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

60Volts are about 50%(ks14d/s)

58volts are about 40% (ks16s, ks16 under 1.25, ks18s....but all going down in small iterations, not directly like 14d/s!)

55volts are about 25-30%(ks16 since 1.25)

so hopefully Ks changes that at least to going down in small steps...and not in this direct big "jump"..which could be a programming fault)

The 14S does gradually diminish the speed, but to a degree that the 14S (Sport ???) gradually turns into an Airwheel (I'm not joking). At 30% battery it's beeping and tilting back at 9 mph. Ug.

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, apparently all the KingSongs do the "Bluetooth is connected" thing. I can live with both - it's not that important, but I don't like.

The 14S does gradually diminish the speed, but to a degree that the 14S (Sport ???) gradually turns into an Airwheel (I'm not joking). At 30% battery it's beeping and tilting back at 9 mph. Ug.

Thats really ridiculous....i am all for safety...but if they mean that serious they should sell that wheel as a 20kmh wheel, not 30!

None of these probs on my 18S..

i got a speed reducement some times when i got down to 25-30% batterie........then i got a tilltback set at 35kmh :-)

As i got from off the wheel with 20-25%, and its still that highspeed, no problem here!

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Thats really ridiculous....i am all for safety...but if they mean that serious they should sell that wheel as a 20kmh wheel, not 30!

None of these probs on my 18S..

i got a speed reducement some times when i got down to 25-30% batterie........then i got a tilltback set at 35kmh :-)

As i got from off the wheel with 20-25%, and its still that highspeed, no problem here!

I envy your wheel. So on your 18S it's not a gradual reduction. You have full capability until you hit ~30%?  I could live with that.

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

How many miles did you get before getting down to 30%?

Somewhere around 35 miles. My range test ended at 40 miles at ~20% battery under load. My max speed without beeping and tilt-back was 8mph.

The wheel is very fun for the first ~30 miles. Then it transforms into an Airwheel for the next 10 miles. I think I could get 45 miles from the wheel but I was getting tired of riding it so slowly :(

Archived