King Song KS-14S' improvements compared to KS-14D

Diana@szkingsong.com

8 hours ago, JimB said:

@MaxLinux  When you said "comes off easily", I think you meant "falls off instantly".  About half my lettering survived the careful removal of the protective tape.  I don't think it's possible to see an Lhotz "in the wild" with letters looking like the picture above.

What the hell is Lhotz supposed to mean anyway? Do you say it like "Loates" or "L-Hotts" or "Lots" 

Also, why did they never want to brand it as an IPS? I'd more likely to trust IPS than Lhotz :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Diana@szkingsong.com said:

Dear Adel, Thanks for your advice. But King Song has its own thought for the logo design.:)

Diana, as existing owner of KS16, there are a lot of aspects to like about it. Customers offer feedback to you in order to make the product even greater in the future so we can purchase more upgraded KS wheels. 

Here are some other possible simple improvements suggestions:

a. Magnetic pedals. These seem to be the ideal way, It would be good if you implement this feature.

b. Brighter front and back light for safety. Existing lights are not strong enough. Would happily give up the decorative side LED for more powerful front and back ones.

C. Different size pedals accessories. We have different size feet so why not sell different size pedals, could be high profit accessory for you.

D. Built-in wheel stand. 

Anyways these are just few ideas. Many users have to mod the EUC themselves to implement these missing features but it would be much better if manufacturer implements them.

8 hours ago, Adel said:

Diana, as existing owner of KS16, there are a lot of aspects to like about it. Customers offer feedback to you in order to make the product even greater in the future so we can purchase more upgraded KS wheels. 

Here are some other possible simple improvements suggestions:

a. Magnetic pedals. These seem to be the ideal way, It would be good if you implement this feature.

b. Brighter front and back light for safety. Existing lights are not strong enough. Would happily give up the decorative side LED for more powerful front and back ones.

C. Different size pedals accessories. We have different size feet so why not sell different size pedals, could be high profit accessory for you.

D. Built-in wheel stand. 

Anyways these are just few ideas. Many users have to mod the EUC themselves to implement these missing features but it would be much better if manufacturer implements them.

Very excellent ideas. Thanks so much. I will reflect to our research department.:)

19 hours ago, JimB said:

About half my lettering survived the careful removal of the protective tape. 

Ha, that's funny! Mine wasn't that bad, but the letters began falling off during the first ride, then more letters fell off during each successive ride, which looked silly, so I removed the rest.

16 hours ago, Diana@szkingsong.com said:

We cancel the "Hello King Song" sound for all the KS models

I think this was a good decision because customers have been requesting this for a long time, and finally KS listened to its customers.

10 hours ago, kasenutty said:

What the hell is Lhotz supposed to mean anyway? Do you say it like "Loates" or "L-Hotts" or "Lots" 

Also, why did they never want to brand it as an IPS? I'd more likely to trust IPS than Lhotz :D

"Xima is the upscale product brand of the Chinese manufacturer IPS." So the concept seems to be the EUC equivalent of Lexus-Toyota or Acura-Honda. However, I don't think this was communicated effectively to the public.

I say it "L-Hots" because to me that's the coolest pronunciation. The electro-sport.de reviewer pronounces it "Loates". I do not know the official pronunciation.

18 hours ago, Diana@szkingsong.com said:

Yes, customers ideas are very important to our design:)

Diana, I have one simple improvement suggestion:

- Anti-spining button. This is a super-intuitive button under the handle. When you need to lift up the wheel and carry it up/down stairs , it disables the drive (You can see it in Inmotion V8). I thing it is a really good idea because it's good for scooter's safe and for our safe and really comfortable. It would be really good if you implement this feature. I think it's the best innovation on the market right now.

Anti-spinning-button.jpg

3 hours ago, JAL_GRANADA said:

Diana, I have one simple improvement suggestion:

- Anti-spining button. This is a super-intuitive button under the handle. When you need to lift up the wheel and carry it up/down stairs , it disables the drive (You can see it in Inmotion V8). I thing it is a really good idea because it's good for scooter's safe and for our safe and really comfortable. It would be really good if you implement this feature. I think it's the best innovation on the market right now.

Anti-spinning-button.jpg

Dear Jesus, thanks so much for your smart idea. I will talk to our engineers about it.

I actually like seeing the KingSong logo.  At least it's pretty stylish looking.  Maybe omit the Sports wording or add a model number?  On cars and motorcycles you see them branded with emblem and model name all the time.  The logo is covered up mostly anyways while riding.  

It's a good way to make the wheel distinctly identifiable immediately rather than thinking is that a Ninebot?  If people ask what is it, it's clearly labelled as a KingSong.  I wish my Ninebot had "Ninebot One" visibly on the wheel.  I tried showing people the handle top which has Ninebot embedded into it, but it's not easy to see.  Maybe I need to spray "Ninebot" on my helmet.  :whistling:

Heeey, now who's thinking outside of the box!  :w00t2:  Lessee, "Nine" on the left cheek,"bot" on the right.  Now just to find a spot to tattoo "One E+..."   I thought there was one potential spot, but after doing a test tattoo with a felt marker it only shows "O+" after a while.

14 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I actually like seeing the KingSong logo.  At least it's pretty stylish looking.  Maybe omit the Sports wording.  On cars and motorcycles you see them branded with emblem and model name all the time.  The logo is covered up mostly anyways while riding.  

It's a good way to make the wheel distinctly identifiable immediately rather than thinking is that a Ninebot?  If people ask what is it, it's clearly labelled as a KingSong.  I wish my Ninebot had "Ninebot One" visibly on the wheel.  I tried showing people the handle top which has Ninebot embedded into it, but it's not easy to see.  Maybe I need to spray "Ninebot" on my helmet.  :whistling:

Thanks for your support for King Song.:clap3:

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

but after doing a test tattoo with a felt marker it only shows "O+" after while.

Well let's hope that it is your blood group or you could be in real trouble if you crash badly on a cold day ?

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Not sure if this was posted, but here's a review of the 14S:

@Henrik Olsen made a very good review of the Kingsong 14S.  The owls were a nice touch, I always laugh at that part.  Very professional looking video, pointed out all the new features, like the fuse that is easily accessible under the rubber flap, and the light sensor that turns on the headlight automatically.  Also the axle has been made 2mm larger in diameter and the max weight of a rider is over 300 pounds.  If you watch the video in youtube, you get most of the dialogue in the description of the video.  I think the only thing he didn't mention were the cooling fans.

On 6/5/2017 at 2:29 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I actually like seeing the KingSong logo

Me too, it looks good to me.  I thought about painting Ninebot on my helmet also, so when people ask what it is I can point to the helmet and then start explaining that it's an electric unicycle that works like a Segway, but the side to side balance is like a bicycle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2017 at 10:38 AM, Diana@szkingsong.com said:

Thanks for your advice, Dear. We have canceled the starting up sound "Hello King Song". Other sounds like "please decelerate" are saved.:)

@Diana@szkingsong.com, is this cancellation of "Hello King Song" message available on the 14D? 

6 minutes ago, ToffeeGirl said:

I'm

7 hours ago, ToffeeGirl said:

@Diana@szkingsong.com, i am unable to turn off the 'hello' message on my 14D (firmware 1.02). I tried disabling the Voice Control but the 'hello' message is still announcing when I turn on my unicycle. Did I do the wrong steps?

As far as i know only 16S and 18S are not shouting "Hello Kingsong" anymore....

On 14d/s you can only disable ALL voices...then it should be quite...perhaps next Firmware it is coming to 14 also....

49 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

As far as i know only 16S and 18S are not shouting "Hello Kingsong" anymore....

On 14d/s you can only disable ALL voices...then it should be quite...perhaps next Firmware it is coming to 14 also....

I wonder when they will care to release the firmware they are currently using to build new KS16S as an available upgrade to owners of older wheels, still running on 1.00. Can't be that hard, but there is nothing showing up in the app so far. :wacko:

Without the "Hello KingSong" message, my wheel would then just greet me with "Bluetooth is connected". Voice commands are turned off btw...

2 minutes ago, Christoph Zens said:

I wonder when they will care to release the firmware they are currently using to build new KS16S as an available upgrade to owners of older wheels, still running on 1.00. Can't be that hard, but there is nothing showing up in the app so far. :wacko:

Have you tried and ask them?

i would guess that in that case the update from 1.00 to 1.02 is not urgently needed...or: They just wait for the new app, last News was Release End of August.

Archived