Griffith Park Sunset Ride - Memorial Day

Join me for a ride around the Griffith Observatory this Monday (May 29th 2017) and enjoy a sunset above the Hollywood Hills.

Sunset is about 8pm, so let's meet in the parking lot just north of the Greek Theater at ~6:30pm. We can decide whether we want to watch the sunset above the Hollywood Sign or at the Observatory when we start the ride.

I don't know the conditions of the parking lots at this time of the day, but you can find parking somewhere in the nearby neighborhoods if necessary and wheel to our meeting spot: https://goo.gl/maps/C36TEmWzpxL2

As usual, I'm inviting everyone. Drop me a line here if you can make it so that I can keep an eye out for you. Otherwise, no worries :)

@jrkline @noisycarlos @Questor @nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @abinder3 @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@HeavyGoing

24 minutes ago, Chris Westland said:

I know from the movies that aliens always land at Griffith Park ... 

Yes, who knows what we'll this this upcoming night ;)

41 minutes ago, Chris Westland said:

I know from the movies that aliens always land at Griffith Park ... 

There is a Star Trek Voyager episode called "Futures End" and Sarah Silverman plays a radio astronomer who works at the Griffith observatory and some of the filming was done there.

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, who knows what we'll this this upcoming night ;)

I'll be there(without Sarah Silverman),although I may bring my phaser just in case.:w00t2:

I just got back from Santa monica. I'm going to need another approval from my wife. Let me work on it and get back to you soon :) 

*washing dishes furiously*

This won't be one of our longer rides - probably in the 15 mile range, and everyone should be back in their cars before it's dark.

This was a spur of the moment plan, but I still announce them because you never know who might be free and feel like a group ride. No worries if you can't make it.

49 minutes ago, Sven said:

I will be there marty.

Great. I don't know if you've been in that area before, but the meetup parking lot area may be full today. But there is plenty of parking in the surrounding neighborhoods. For instance, I've parked here before: https://goo.gl/maps/zi5AeJU6Sd62

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Great. I don't know if you've been in that area before, but the meetup parking lot area may be full today. But there is plenty of parking in the surrounding neighborhoods. For instance, I've parked here before: https://goo.gl/maps/zi5AeJU6Sd62

Thanks for the heads up and the map, I will try to be there 15-20mins before and find a spot ;) 

4 hours ago, swvision said:

i found my next wheel: 

Very cool. I hope this guy knows about the existence of our EUCs because clearly he would be a great rider.

And what about that unicycle trick in the last 5 seconds :shock2:

This could be your backup wheel that you carry on your back when you make your epic commutes and run low on juice. Glad you made it home last night. Maybe 3am ;)

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This could be your backup wheel that you carry on your back when you make your epic commutes and run low on juice. Glad you made it home last night. Maybe 3am ;)

Haha! I'm actually waiting for something that has more range than @jrkline's World Famous ACM. For instance, something like a 5000wh monster would let me do well over 200 miles on single charge. It would be great to see EUC's geared more towards being vehicles rather than just leisure play toys; They need to step their game up. Also, I got a quick hour charge on my wheel when I left you guys at the park which brought the wheel up to 44% battery life. Got home around midnight...But yeah, having range anxiety kills all the fun out of having/riding an electric unicycle. 

55 minutes ago, swvision said:

Haha! I'm actually waiting for something that has more range than @jrkline's World Famous ACM. For instance, something like a 5000wh monster would let me do well over 200 miles on single charge. It would be great to see EUC's geared more towards being vehicles rather than just leisure play toys; They need to step their game up. Also, I got a quick hour charge on my wheel when I left you guys at the park which brought the wheel up to 44% battery life. Got home around midnight...But yeah, having range anxiety kills all the fun out of having/riding an electric unicycle. 

It still may be a few more years, but there are lots of experimental batteries that have much higher densities than current lithium ion batteries. So we may have 5000wh in an MSuper size wheel.

You may want to get a fast charger for your wheel for the times that you need a faster recharge.

Glad you didn't get home too late :thumbup:

Archived