MSuper V3s (cushion mod)...

yourtoys7

Really like my MSuper V3s, but couldn't get used to cushions, way to thick :(. I thought I'd give it a week or so...... still don't like it. I have noticed that new Monster have thin cushions. Here is my mod... absolutely love it :). Feels thin/ slim, legs feel more with entire machine, feet now right on the pedals (had to be further apart). This cushions are about 1/3 smaller of the original.

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

3 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Very sleek looking.

I wonder if the cushions will bother me like they did you, when I get mine.

Did taking off the original pads make them unusable?

thanks, yes you can reuse/ reapply later on.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2017 at 9:53 AM, yourtoys7 said:

Really like my MSuper V3s, but couldn't get used to cushions, way to thick :(. I thought I'd give it a week or so...... still don't like it. I have noticed that new Monster have thin cushions. Here is my mod... absolutely love it :). Feels thin/ slim, legs feel more with entire machine, feet now right on the pedals (had to be further apart). This cushions are about 1/3 smaller of the original.

Good idea.

I made the same mod on my MSV3S+ 1300wh today.  Contrastingly, my unmodified V3 820wh fits all my control surfaces (ankles, shins) nicely and enables secure control.  However, the new S+ 1300wh had only a sharp point of contact inside the calf, thus prevented the augmentation of control surfaces and rendered the control engagement ergonomically looser, while forcing me to adapt a bow legged stance.  I know everyone's anatomy fits wheels differently, but for me the optimum cushions for S+ would be half as thick.  Unfortunately, the mod is harder on leg contact.  I'll test it long range tomorrow, to see if I get any bruises.

Neat. I thought about doing it with my fat ACM but wasn't sure if it's necessary.

You can definitely remove the leg pads without damaging them if you're a bit careful (if you're not, they rip apart), did this with my old side plates. So it's an easily reversible process, for all who want to try.

I hadn't seen this post. I had exactly the same idea I'm glad the result is what I expected. Well done!

Honestly, though, why couldn't Gotway think of making thinner cushions for the S+ version? Don't they try their products and figure out how to make them more ergonomic? I can't wait for InMotion (Solowheel) to make powerful wheels. QC is great and they think of all the little things. In the meantime, I will get an MSuper S+...

I also thought that by filing a bit of the pedal support you could make the pedals a little more parallel to the ground. That should also help with the comfort 

@Spinner

• They updated the Monster cushions from the ACM ones to flatter and bigger ones. I suspect they could easily make these the new standard for the ACM too.
    You could also order some new Monster cushions and put them on the other wheels (ACM, msuper V3) for a ready made alternative.
  • I would not file my metal supports, that damages an integral part of the wheel irreversibly. I'd rather file the pedals themselves (as they can be easily replaced), or add a wedge on top of the existing pedals.

Great idea. Everyone should know that the pads on all the Gotway wheels come off easily. Different pads or the original pads can be reapplied with double-sided tape, which holds just fine. So it's risk free to experiment.

17 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Spinner

• They updated the Monster cushions from the ACM ones to flatter and bigger ones. I suspect they could easily make these the new standard for the ACM too.
    You could also order some new Monster cushions and put them on the other wheels (ACM, msuper V3) for a ready made alternative.
  • I would not file my metal supports, that damages an integral part of the wheel irreversibly. I'd rather file the pedals themselves (as they can be easily replaced), or add a wedge on top of the existing pedals.

Indeed, filing the pedals themselves is of course a better idea. I don't own the MSuper yet so I was just speculating! Will order one soon. I'll start with your cushion mod for a week and if it's still uncomfortable I'll lime the pedals myself or have them cut by laser (might be overkill..).

Not my cushion mod:) But given that even the normal fat msuper V3 isn't unridable, you may not even need it. But you sure can try, easily reversible.

I think the pedal thing is something entirely different. You're changing the sideways tilt angle of the pedals, not how far out they are. Might have big repercussions for ride feeling/stance without helping with the width of the wheel if the width is the problem.

For inspiration, here's a guy who designed custom (bigger) pedals. Also an idea in that thread, putting an extra piece between pedal bracket and pedal to make the pedal higher/further out (just how you prefer):

On 5/22/2017 at 6:53 PM, yourtoys7 said:

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

I did the exact same thing with my MSuper 3+

Had some padding lying around from my IPS Zero. The same kind you have used.

So much better. Legs not being pushed out anymore.

On 2017-06-16 at 4:43 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Not my cushion mod:) But given that even the normal fat msuper V3 isn't unridable, you may not even need it. But you sure can try, easily reversible.

I think the pedal thing is something entirely different. You're changing the sideways tilt angle of the pedals, not how far out they are. Might have big repercussions for ride feeling/stance without helping with the width of the wheel if the width is the problem.

For inspiration, here's a guy who designed custom (bigger) pedals. Also an idea in that thread, putting an extra piece between pedal bracket and pedal to make the pedal higher/further out (just how you prefer):

Yes good idea, until you discover the price... 450 Euros... I still think light filing is a good idea; cheap and simple. The wheel will feel thinner because your lower leg being more straight, it won't be pressed against the shell. I tried an InMotion V8 with more angled pedals than my V8 and it was much less comfortable.

Archived