New Monster Max Range Achieved - 95 Miles!

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

If you can ride 90 miles on a single ride or even the same day you will be the man to beat ;)  When I rode 65 miles one day I was dying by the end of the ride.

My total is 85 miles in one day, but I'd have happily given up at 60. 
I only carried on as 'I'd come this far' .... haha.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Not having range anxiety is a very big plus with the Monster :thumbup:

That's a fantastic way of saying "I can explore and don't even have to think about my battery level, let alone be influenced it." Which is indeed wonderful.

27 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That's a fantastic way of saying "I can explore and don't even have to think about my battery level, let alone be influenced it." Which is indeed wonderful.

A reason that I'm looking forward to receiving my 1600wh MSuper. I'm anticipating a solid 60 miles from that wheel.

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

A reason that I'm looking forward to receiving my 1600wh MSuper. I'm anticipating a solid 60 miles from that wheel.

I get about 30-35, but thats averaging 15mph and weighing 14 stone (196 pounds)

41 minutes ago, Scully said:

I get about 30-35, but thats averaging 15mph and weighing 14 stone (196 pounds)

I think there's something about riding EUCs in the UK that dramatically affects the range. ;) Ian (Speedyfeet) also always has poor range numbers when tests his wheels.

I get an easy (always, regardless of how fast I ride) 30 miles on my 820wh MSuper, and have gotten over 35  miles.

So you can see why my expectations are closer to 60 when I have twice the battery capacity with my new MSuper.

My riding weight is 170 pounds.

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think there's something about riding EUCs in the UK that dramatically affects the range. ;) Ian (Speedyfeet) also always has poor range numbers when tests his wheels.

I get an easy (always, regardless of how fast I ride) 30 miles on my 820wh MSuper, and have gotten over 35  miles.

So you can see why my expectations are closer to 60 when I have twice the battery capacity with my new MSuper.

My riding weight is 170 pounds.

Well England is higher in the latitude so they have to go uphill. lol Just kidding.

Maybe the US is hacking the GPS satellite and reporting incorrect position to fool the rest of the world?

This is insane. I did my first 15 mile total yesterday (two 7 mile trips) and I was sore enough that I had trouble sleeping last night.

30 minutes ago, Scully said:

Hahaha... I think it's to do with the temperatures here...... brrrr

Must be a combination of added weight and temperature. That's a huge difference.

8 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

This is insane. I did my first 15 mile total yesterday (two 7 mile trips) and I was sore enough that I had trouble sleeping last night.

I'm seriously just getting warmed up after 7 miles. This is why I like wheels with long range capability - I really enjoy long rides :D

I love doing long range trips. My shortest trips are probably around 15 miles now. I am 230lb and rode 50 miles on one charge with my ACM 1300wh and had 13% left (37 miles in one day, and 13 the day after). I generally cruise around the 15mph range. I tend to slow down quite a bit up hills...still scarred from the airwheel days of being thrown because they didn't have the power to carry me up hills well. These wheels continue to impress me. 

Edit: I have noticed that outside temp definitely affects my battery life. When I ride in 50 degree weather the battery life is almost cut in half compared to when I ride in 80 degree weather. 

17 minutes ago, EvenOdd said:

I love doing long range trips. My shortest trips are probably around 15 miles now. I am 230lb and rode 50 miles on one charge with my ACM 1300wh and had 13% left (37 miles in one day, and 13 the day after). I generally cruise around the 15mph range. I tend to slow down quite a bit up hills...still scarred from the airwheel days of being thrown because they didn't have the power to carry me up hills well. These wheels continue to impress me. 

Edit: I have noticed that outside temp definitely affects my battery life. When I ride in 50 degree weather the battery life is almost cut in half compared to when I ride in 80 degree weather. 

Given your weight, those are impressive numbers. I've only gotten about 45 miles on my 1300wh ACM, although my average speed was closer to 20mph. I do love my ACM.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Given your weight, those are impressive numbers. I've only gotten about 45 miles on my 1300wh ACM, although my average speed was closer to 20mph. I do love my ACM.

Yes, I'm thinking I would be more around 35-40 mile range at 20mph. I have not done any trips longer than 20 miles at that speed, but I did notice that it ate up the battery at a much faster rate.

One of my riding buddies did 40 miles on a ACM 820wh which I found really impressive. He is in that 170-180 pound range. 

Archived