First timer , learned in 3 minutes

Flash

Learned in 3 minutes? That's what they said when the bed broke!  There must be some secret ingredient found in the meatballs they are famous for!

Was it the first three minutes on the machine, or the last three out of 1200? :D

Just kidding, three minutes is really something.  Did he use to ride skateboards or something?  That's so unusual.

There's not a lot of info here. A title, a blank post and a short video. And we are to believe that the video footage shows someone with literally 3 minutes of EUC experience? I don't believe it at all. Someone is exaggerating wildly or telling porkie pies. 

If they could already ride a standard pedal unicycle the 3 minutes is quite believable. Otherwise it does seem rather too quick.

We've had skate boarders up and riding within 10 minutes but still a bit wobbly until we take them 3 miles around the block, that seems to give them confidence and reduce the wobbles.

3 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

There's not a lot of info here. A title, a blank post and a short video. And we are to believe that the video footage shows someone with literally 3 minutes of EUC experience? I don't believe it at all. Someone is exaggerating wildly or telling porkie pies. 

We have had one person ride a down about a quarter mile, turn and come back all on his first try. It is definitely possible. His only previous experience was skateboarding. When we brought a couple wheels to the skate park there were a number of kids that were able to ride it a solid distance in a couple tries, some their first. Teenagers in general seem to pick it up in almost no time. They have no fear of falling and aren't afraid to start out much at faster speeds. I think a combination of those two make them very fast learners. I also tell them they can crash my wheel freely, so they aren't at all worried about hurting their own wheel and will be less timid about it. I should find take a photo of my training wheel, it is missing so much of the case and looks like it might fall apart.

It was a busy day at work, but I squeezed in some riding on the grass in the backyard this evening.  It went pretty well, so I decided today was the day to venture out on the road for the first time.  I started at the top of my driveway and traversed all four fingers of my cul-de-sac in one continuous circuit.  All told, it was about a mile.  Sound puny, I know, but I'm just a beginner so I thought it was pretty awesome.  

After the lumps and bumps of riding on grass, the street seemed remarkably easy.  It felt like I was totally in control from beginning to end.  So, I guess I'm ready to tackle the commute.  I plan to chip away at that in segments until I'm confident I can do the whole distance.  Looking forward to the reaction of my coworkers :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived