Pedals of IPS Zero 260Wh

Berepoot

I learn to ride the ips zero 260Wh. And it is going well. Now I am ready to learn riding with one leg. You find almost no movies of someone who shows that on an ips zero. Ok, I did found 2, only 2. Videos with other brands are overwhelming. And I think I know the reason: the pedals are in rubber. It is like I cannot give enough pressure (although I weight 85kg) on the pedal to stay on it. Sometimes I think I made it but then I am slipping off. Over and over again. I tried other shoes but don't think that is changing anything.

Is there a solution for this without replacing the pedals?

Thanks for your knowledge.

Kind regards

BerePoot

For better traction, I bought a sheet of grip tape and cut it to fit. Something like this... http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Black_Magic_Ablack5_Griptape/descpage-BMA5GT.html

BUT, I'm not sure how that would go adhering to rubber. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-20 at 5:27 PM, Berepoot said:

Is there a solution for this without replacing the pedals?

The more you tilt the wheel to the opposite side, the less is the sidewards force pushing you off the pedal. It also helps (at least on my wheels) to point the toe inwards such that it becomes possible to use the shin pushing to keep the sidewards tilt angle. Then, for a start it is easier to go in circles (as one can see in most vids), because this is the natural path of the tilted wheel.

Otherwise, my hunch is that it is easier for lighter riders, but that is of course a parameter you can't control easily.

Archived