Hi, a few months ago I bought a MCM4 and I'm loving it. Looking to upgrade to a bigger GotWay product, something like ACM or mSuper, I think monster is too big for me.  Which model do you think is the best to ride in the city.  Also, I want to give my MCM to my cousin, but the shell is a little damaged.  Is it possible to replace it?

1 hour ago, Jack Clode said:

Hi, a few months ago I bought a MCM4 and I'm loving it. Looking to upgrade to a bigger GotWay product, something like ACM or mSuper, I think monster is too big for me.  Which model do you think is the best to ride in the city.  Also, I want to give my MCM to my cousin, but the shell is a little damaged.  Is it possible to replace it?

I have an MCM4 also. best most versatile model in the 680 wh model. 4p power surge safety. Fast enough, light enough. I also thinking of a bigger wheel mainly because my roads have just too many cracks and the 14 inch does not take well to them. I can not take them at cruising speed because it feels the wheel takes a big hit.

I believe for city the ACM is the right choice at 16" but would need to add a trolley handle to make it easier to push around. The MsuperV3+s is fantastic at 18" but maybe not as robust if it takes a tumble. I think the Monster is just too big but obviously at 22" is very comfortable to ride and wont feel the cracks on the road.

I personally looking on the Gotway-ACM, Kinsong-16S, Rockway-GT16, Inmotion-V8 and IPS-i5+.

I know some people are speed crazy but considering its just one wheel and a failure is automatic crash, don't get hung up on getting anything above 40kph. 25mph is extremely fast and any spill at that speed will not have a good outcome. But that been said higher speed and power rating provides safety margin as long as you stay below and only use the safety margin for bumps,cracks, hills braking.

I love my Gotway MCM4 but very disappointed at how they dont use innovation. all their components are just re-purposed. The controller is pretty low-tech. The motor is from e-bikes. I believe the most innovative companies are Inmotion, IPS and Solowheel. The actually have custom made motors using lightweight metal.

I have a feeling that this year all the brands are coming out with new technology specially in the battery arena. IPS is using the different cells making their wheel very thin and lightweight. 

I am going to look for the following innovations for my next wheel.

1. -800W minimum for motor.
  2. -Motor specially designed for EUC with no heavy iron inner. All components made from aluminium, magnesium, titanium, using N50 magnets. With stronger magnets you could have less poles/slots. The wheel will be lighter and possibly stronger.
  3. -Build it stowaway trolley
  4. -Headlight, brake light, disco visibility lights.

Personally, I'm looking for a longer distance, and a smother ride, which means bigger wheel size.  I have MCM4 - 680Wh which is great and don't have a problem with it since I bought it, but might try something else.

4 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

I know some people are speed crazy but considering its just one wheel and a failure is automatic crash, don't get hung up on getting anything above 40kph. 25mph is extremely fast and any spill at that speed will not have a good outcome. But that been said higher speed and power rating provides safety margin as long as you stay below and only use the safety margin for bumps,cracks, hills braking.

The extra measure of safety provided by extra power was definitely a real thing for me in pushing me to spend enough to get a stronger motor and more battery to run it.  I only have one life and one body, and I'll muddle through accidents if I have to, but really no level of bad ones is "acceptable" to me.  I was glad to have the opportunity to choose more safety even if it meant a heavier wheel and a more expensive one.

6 hours ago, Jack Clode said:

Are you planning on carrying it on the bus or train/subway?  That might limit your options right away and steer you toward the smaller wheels.  The bigger the wheel, the easier the cruising, people say ... but then the thing becomes harder to stash and, especially if you have no handle, harder to lug around.  Sometimes seemingly little things like that could prove pivotal, depending on your needs.

A lot of people say that the ACM is the king of hill-climbing, but that it's more jarring to ride over difficult surfaces than 18-inchers like the MSuper, Kingsong KS18, or especially the Monster.  The 18 inchers are bigger and heavier too.  That might make a big difference to you as well, or not.  Everyone's needs are so different ...

12 hours ago, Jack Clode said:

Hi Jack, replacing the shell is pretty easy, we actually have a few in stock, and it is really nice to see your old wheel looking brand new again. You probably won't need to replace all the parts - can just pick and choose which ones you need.

There are great points in the previous comments about ACM and Msuper differences, and the added safety and comfort of a larger wheel diameter and higher motor power and battery capacity.

In a nutshell, I would advise an experienced EUC rider to go for the newer 84V S+ variations of ACM and Msuper - the added voltage translated into more torque and higher speed that the models with a larger wheel diameter can benefit from.

If you are planning to carry your wheel in a backpack - go with ACM S+, if you plan to mostly roll it around using the trolley while not riding - you will enjoy Msuper's built in handle and added comfort and safety of a larger wheel.

I just made unboxing videos of these models, check them out if you're interested:

18" GotWay Msuper V3S+ 84V 1600Wh Red - unboxing

16" GotWay ACM S+ 84V 1600Wh - Black - unboxing

Also, please visit our online store: EUC.NYC and don't hesitate to reach out to me directly with any questions.

Thanks!
Dmitry
(646) 88-382-99

Thanks Dmitry, I should've contacted you again, dah :) Btw, MCM4 that I bought from you last time works great!  In the video, I've noticed that ACM doesnt have a handle, do you sell them separately?  Will reach out to you for more details.

18 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Are you planning on carrying it on the bus or train/subway?  That might limit your options right away and steer you toward the smaller wheels.  The bigger the wheel, the easier the cruising, people say ... but then the thing becomes harder to stash and, especially if you have no handle, harder to lug around.  Sometimes seemingly little things like that could prove pivotal, depending on your needs.

A lot of people say that the ACM is the king of hill-climbing, but that it's more jarring to ride over difficult surfaces than 18-inchers like the MSuper, Kingsong KS18, or especially the Monster.  The 18 inchers are bigger and heavier too.  That might make a big difference to you as well, or not.  Everyone's needs are so different ...

I do take a subway, but with a trolley handle I don't think it should be a problem.  Hopefully will be able to check them out from Dmitry before making a decision.  Im leaning towards ACMs+ for now.

@Jack Clode , I have had mcm4 680Wh over an year. I am very happy with it, I have a trolley in it too, it is very practical.

Last week I got Msuper3 830Wh  67V.

Today I ride it in city centre and I think it was much more difficult than with mcm4. Maybe later it is getting easier to me.

It is much heavier (and only 820Wh) and walking with trolley is not as easy. In metro it is much bigger too.

BUT from city I rode home 20km through forest paths and there it was great.

So when I will go with public traffic or crowded places or take euc in my car just for possibility to need it, I will take my mcm4. Otherwise Msuper3

2 hours ago, Jack Clode said:

Thanks Dmitry, I should've contacted you again, dah :) Btw, MCM4 that I bought from you last time works great!  In the video, I've noticed that ACM doesnt have a handle, do you sell them separately?  Will reach out to you for more details.

By all means, I'll hook you up with the ACM handle :)

3 hours ago, Pasi said:

@Jack Clode , I have had mcm4 680Wh over an year. I am very happy with it, I have a trolley in it too, it is very practical.

Today I ride it in city centre and I think it was much more difficult than with mcm4. Maybe later it is getting easier to me.

It is much heavier (and only 820Wh) and walking with trolley is not as easy. In metro it is much bigger too.

So when I will go with public traffic or crowded places or take euc in my car just for possibility to need it, I will take my mcm4. Otherwise Msuper3

The MCM4 680WA is the only 14 inch that  is fast with 4P safety margin that you can carry anywhere because it's not too heavy. 

This wheel could be even better if Gotway would reduce the weight by using aluminum stator assembly. The design could be slightly modified to accommodate the trolley. 

But it is clear that larger diameter increase confort of riding. 

4 hours ago, Pasi said:

I would agree that the MCM4 is easier to ride at small speeds. At cruising speeds though the Msuper feels more stable, and I do enjoy the higher position of the side pads - it offers more control.

1 hour ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

The MCM4 680WA is the only 14 inch that  is fast with 4P safety margin that you can carry anywhere because it's not too heavy. 

This wheel could be even better if Gotway would reduce the weight by using aluminum stator assembly. The design could be slightly modified to accommodate the trolley. 

But it is clear that larger diameter increase confort of riding. 

My personal dream is interchangeable universal parts... Just like the bicycles - a single standard that would allow you to swap the parts would rule!

5 hours ago, Jack Clode said:

I do take a subway, but with a trolley handle I don't think it should be a problem.  Hopefully will be able to check them out from Dmitry before making a decision.  Im leaning towards ACMs+ for now.

Yes, I can arrange a test ride for both the ACM S+ and Msuper v3s+ for you - there's no better way to choose! :)

Archived