Distinguish N2O from N1O (speed) - reliability - what is N3O?

alcatraz

Hi fellow enthusiasts...

Is there a foolproof way to distinguish the fast E's from the slower ones? (apart from opening it up and counting the mosfets)?

I'm trying to score a ninebot used and it's hard to make sure what it is. I hear some N2O serial numbers are also equipped with 6 mosfets instead of the 12 the fast ones have.

I have also come across an N3O ninebot e+. What is this?

Last I'd like to ask you about the reliability of the fast vs slower ninebot E. Is the faster plagued by more motherboard failures? Reading in this forum seems to indicate this. Obviously it depends on the riding style but during summer I'd hate to by mistake overload something after shelling out the extra dough for a fast version.

I'm right now looking at paying 80% more for a used faster ninebot e and frankly I'm not sure it's worth the money. I live in the city and traffic is pretty dense but I do hear 19km/h max vs 23-24km/h is really bumming people out.

Any thoughts? Thank you for reading... /a

My E+ goes 23kph without warnings and it has a 16x2.125 inch tire. I recently learned that there are E+ versions with a 16x1.95 tire. Maybe tire dimension and N10/N20 are related. That would be a very easy way to know. In any case, if you have the choice between an E+ with the 1.95 and one with the wider 2.125 tire, I would choose the latter one (wider tire). I did almost 2000km on this wheel with no problems whatsoever and I push it to its limits. Speed-wise, almost always riding near tilt-back, and also power wise. I am going up and down a pretty steep hill every day, where the wheel software shows 22 to 24 amps system current over a longer period of time. Also, drove it up hill in the woods during summer until the overheat warning kicked in...

20 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I have also come across an N3O ninebot e+

Where did you see that?:blink1::dribble:  I wonder if someone is joking somewhere.  Good question about the faster Ninebots, like @Christoph Zens, mine goes pretty fast, actually way faster than I would normally go.  But in a dense city environment, probably a regular E model would be fine.  I say get the cheaper version first, try it out, if it does not perform as good as you need, resell it and get something better.  I mean, get something better and then, resell the other one.

The only problem I can see with getting a plain E model is that not only is the battery smaller, but it is about two years old, at least.  That's about half it's life.  If you have to buy a new battery soon, that is a couple hundred dollars.

As far as 2-3 kph, that's not that much.

I think you can get a new E+ for about 600 dollars nowadays,  why not get new old stock with the warranty?

I recommend a new Kingsong or Gotway,  pay a lot more now, get a lot more now.

On ‎19‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 4:55 AM, alcatraz said:

Is there a foolproof way to distinguish the fast E's from the slower ones? (apart from opening it up and counting the mosfets)?

Nope. As @Christoph Zens said - tire dimensions can be a pointer in right direction but is not 100% bulletproof as Ninebot changed the controller board generation before they changed the tire supplier. So there are some 9b1 with a newer controller and slimmer tire.

On ‎19‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 4:55 AM, alcatraz said:

I have also come across an N3O ninebot e+. What is this?

Never heard of... Could be just a typo.

I would recommend to buy n20 for the safety part of it. There is a reason why they change the design from 6 to 12 mosfets.

As a follow up question I'd like to ask if the older model E ever came in different speed versions like the E+ and which firmware is the fastest?

I see some model E (240 Ah) sellers write their ninebot can go 22 km/h. I think firmware is 1.2.7. Are they lying?

/s

10 hours ago, alcatraz said:

As a follow up question I'd like to ask if the older model E ever came in different speed versions like the E+ and which firmware is the fastest?

I see some model E (240 Ah) sellers write their ninebot can go 22 km/h. I think firmware is 1.2.7. Are they lying?

/s

Not sure about the E model... as to 22km/h it could be the maximum momentary speed, not something you can cruise around with.

10 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Here is a (bad) pic of the N3O model E that is currently being sold on a second hand market here in China.

Screenshot_2017-05-21-12-54-10-983_com.taobao.idlefish.png

E with a n30 serial? seems like some shady stuff. Reminds me about fake E+ markings on E models reported a couple years ago....

I saw another N3O being sold... it's also an E (not E+). This means it's not a one time occurance and it doesn't look to me to be some dodgy reseller but regular people. Weird though...

The difference is that this other seller is not bringing up the fact that it's an N3O (I just happen to spot the serial number) whereas the pic comes from a seller that writes in big characters N3O!!!

/a

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

I saw another N3O being sold... it's also an E (not E+). This means it's not a one time occurance and it doesn't look to me to be some dodgy reseller but regular people. Weird though...

The difference is that this other seller is not bringing up the fact that it's an N3O (I just happen to spot the serial number) whereas the pic comes from a seller that writes in big characters N3O!!!

/a

Hmm... really strange.

39 minutes ago, cloudust said:

I'm pretty sure there is no serial number starting with N3O for ninebot One

I am with you.

It could be some strictrly chinese versions, but why E model then? Doesn't rhyme at all...

Archived