Did Segway force out a secret update to mislead us?

You know this whole battery range drama where we all know that a 63v charger gives more range but Segway deny it and say an update's coming to 'fix' it?

I just charged my MiniPro with 63v and got an extra 5km displayed in the app as expected. But here's the shocker: it no longer displays the battery capacity in the app and there's no way to check how fully charged the battery is. I did not update my app or my firmware.  Yet, this feature has disappeared!

Can you guys check yours? It used to say the battery is 5700mah and the fully charged level is 4800mah.  Now this info is missing on mine.

Do you need to reduce the size of your display or something?  you should have Production Date, Battery Serial No., Total Capacity.  I can't see them removing that information.  It's like you have a generic battery or something, not communicating the data.

I've read somewhere about messing with the batteries and having that info disappear also, I know this has happened to someone else before. I think from a charger. Something with an aftermarket charger, or DIY charger, the info disappeared. I was prepared for that when I tried more4charger, but it didn't happen. 

I wonder if their fix in the firmware they were talking about, removed that data if the battery is above a certain voltage now, since they know some people have after market chargers.  Very Strange.

5 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I am up to date with app and firmware. 

But your screen shot is not showing all the data Battery Temperature, Production Date, Battery Serial No., Total Capacity, or did you just cut that off or maybe the image is not displaying fully on my computer?

3 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Do you need to reduce the size of your display or something?  you should have Production Date, Battery Serial No., Total Capacity.  I can't see them removing that information.  It's like you have a generic battery or something, not communicating the data.

No, I just cropped out the bottom part showing the serial number for security reasons.  The missing capacity readout should be near the top.

I emailed Segway about it, but they seem to just ignore me now.  It's a pity they aren't honest about it.  On the bright side I have joined the 5700mah club like the other aftermarket charger users and I'm getting epic range from my MiniPro!  Adding in my little portable charger and I'm good for 45-50 km.

Tried the 63V charger today.  Charged the Segway with the 59.5V charger to 100% (green light) .  Then a bit later I plugged in the 63V Ninebot charger and charged it to ~62V (no green light yet).  The Ninebot App reported 100% charge (never more), and Remaining Battery Capacity as 5731mAh, but total capacity was still reported as only 5700.00mAh.  So basically the capacity for 100% battery level kept rising, but it never reported more than 100%.  Sorry I forgot to check estimated milage, but since that rarely applies no big deal.  When the ride was over and even after being powered on/off the reported Battery Charge Level remained relative to the 5700mAh total capacity.  I'm not sure if the charge capacity level for 100% will revert back to the old 4800mAh level of the 59.5V charge or not.  Just waiting for the recharge to complete.  

The added capacity was very nice, since it keeps the max speed longer besides giving you more freedom.     

Recharged (green light) on regular charger and battery percentage was shown relative to the 59.5V/4800mAh charge. So it's interesting how the software adjusts what it considers a 'Full Charge'.  Rode 28km today in two separate outings.  The mini got extra attention from a teanage girl, and a middle age driver, and lots of waves. It has wide appeal. 

I've been charging mine on the 63v Ninebot One E+ charger and enjoying the super range. It definitely only charges to 80% on the stock N.American charger, regardless of what the the app percentage says or what Segway customer support say (ie. bs)

I think having both chargers is great. Most of the time I charge the MiniPro and the E+ with the MiniPro charger, bringing their real life charge percentages to about 80% which means the batteries can be left indefinitely without degradation. If I know I'll be going on an extra long ride I top up with the 63v charger to the true 100% capacity. And when I'm actually out and want even more range, out comes the portable fast charger which gives me an extra 10km on the E+ for each 20 minutes of charging.

Since I charged the MiniPro to 63v my capacity figures have been removed from my app info. I thought Segway rolled out the long promised nonsense update in the background and that it was the reason for the missing info.  But it seems I was wrong - the info just apparently disappears as soon as you use an unverified charger and it seems you never get that info back. 

Interesting, i'm happy i have not lost the extra battery info yet. 

Yes my plan for now is to use the 59.5v charger as default, and then like you say top it up to really full if i think i will need the range. Shame the battery information disappeared, and surprised it has not comeback. 

Archived