Scully

Gotway app - Location on show

5 posts in this topic

Just had a play with the Gotway App, the locator was pointed directly at my house. 
For security reasons I've now turned it off - and recommend you consider doing the same. 

Just open the app, click 'riders nearby' then 'nearby' then, 'clear location info and exit'. - Ensure it diverts you back out to the main screen - then your home location will be gone. 

The GW app sucks anyways. Use it to set ride mode/alarms/tiltback, and never touch it otherwise. Wheellog is just much better (starts instantly and offline, battery level by 1% steps, logging as the name implies,...). If you're on iOS, Darknessbot e.g. is much better.

16 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The GW app sucks anyways. Use it to set ride mode/alarms/tiltback, and never touch it otherwise. Wheellog is just much better (starts instantly and offline, battery level by 1% steps, logging as the name implies,...). If you're on iOS, Darknessbot e.g. is much better.

That was what surprised me, I haven't used the app for weeks / months - but my location was still active in it. Hence why I am urging everyone to check their security settings.

15 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

How do you change the wheel settings with this then?

You do change the settings with the Gotway app. Just for everything else, including riding, there are much better alternatives.