Any one 40 kp/h KS14C new set up?

UKJ

So now trusting more and more my rebuilt KS14C with new mother board and motor,wheel.

I just unlocked speed settings and see you can go to 40 kp/h.

Has any one done this?

I did 30 easy on my old set up and just once for fun would like to FULLY protect full face motorcycle helmet included and push it!

AND,

Has anyone had over heat tilt back with V 1.25 on Ks14c 680?

I do not know if it is just that I am happy to have my transport toy back but feels stiffer (better) and my tight backwards circles seem MUCH easier?

What reasonable speed settings are you using, I used to set 1st beep 27 2nd 28 3rd 29 tilt back 30, does this seem reasonable again?

Thanks

ukj

Up date

I used a gps to verify new speed settings unlocked, I think they are for a 16 inch wheel as when I entered first beep at 27 kph it starts at 22 so I will reset to 37, 38, 39, 40 and report back.

There for on my 14 they do not add up!

Kinda bummed as we wanted to just once GO FAST!

ukj

Did you get hurt?  I always wear a helmet but after seeing some injury photos on here a couple weeks ago I've started wearing my wrist guards again.  I have a KS16 that I ride at 30km/h, I don't think I'd want to go any faster.

The 40 kmph options are for other models- the KS-18 has a max speed of 40, so the higher settings on the app are for this which is run on the same app, as well as the new KS-16S, which can be set up to 35 max. Remember the danger with all E-unicycles lies in creating too much demand on battery output, so acceleration is a major factor. Ideally once you are going faster than running speed speed, do not accelerate too fast, and get to know how fast your model can accelerate without straining the battery by gradual increases- not suddenly leaning into acceleration.. I have taken a 14C a bit over 30kmph, but then always just by gently accelerating and only on level ground or down a slope..

• 3 weeks later...

Please help! Has anyone been able to set the "ollie?" better term "tilt back" higher than 30 kph?

I have tried MANY different unlocked settings but can not seem to get more speed.

As I see that you should be able to go to 40 kph I would sure like to set mine to,

first beep 37 second 38 third 39 tilt back 40

How can I do this please?

The best I can seem to do now is

27, 28 29 tilt back 30, even when setting 1 and 2 to 0 still can not get tilt back to go past 30 kph.

ukj

10 hours ago, UKJ said:

Please help! Has anyone been able to set the "ollie?" better term "tilt back" higher than 30 kph?

I don't think that you can.  I think that the app knows you are on a KS-14C and has a built in limitation because (I think) the wheel can only go 30kph.

On 5/16/2017 at 2:40 PM, UKJ said:

So now trusting more and more my rebuilt KS14C with new mother board and motor,wheel.

I just unlocked speed settings and see you can go to 40 kp/h.

Has any one done this?

I did 30 easy on my old set up and just once for fun would like to FULLY protect full face motorcycle helmet included and push it!

AND,

Has anyone had over heat tilt back with V 1.25 on Ks14c 680?

I do not know if it is just that I am happy to have my transport toy back but feels stiffer (better) and my tight backwards circles seem MUCH easier?

What reasonable speed settings are you using, I used to set 1st beep 27 2nd 28 3rd 29 tilt back 30, does this seem reasonable again?

Thanks

ukj

There is no way you can go that fast. You will crash.  

14,inch wheel not possible unless you have special self made motor and controller. 

Factory 14 inch will crash before you hit 35. 

You obviously have no idea what you are doing. Just because a screen says numbers does not mean your machine can do that. 

The EUC are wel know to show wrong information because the apps very bad and full of bugs. 

Your car probably has speedometer that says 240kph. Are you going to try that?  Unless is a sports car with speed rated tires you probably will crash also. 

On 2.6.2017 at 10:53 AM, UKJ said:

I have tried MANY different unlocked settings but can not seem to get more speed.

As I see that you should be able to go to 40 kph I would sure like to set mine to,

first beep 37 second 38 third 39 tilt back 40

How can I do this please?

As @antberzalready wrote above, this is not possible. The Kingsong App is the same for ALL Kingsong wheels, therefore the viewable limit in the App is 40 km/h.

It is for the KS18, which is able to run that fast, and for the KS16S, which is able to run 35 km/h, all other wheels are limited to 30 km/h or less in the wheel firmware.

That means, even if the App sends a speedlimit of 40 km/h, the wheel firmware will reset it to the allowed maximum speed for the respective wheel.

That the maximum speed of the biggest wheel is viewable, is from my point of view one of the poor design elements of the App.

If I had written it, I would have checked first to which wheel I'm currently connected, and display then the maximum speed of the currently connected wheel in the maxspeed settings, so that people are not confused.

The Kingsong wheels are very good by hardware and wheel firmware, but the Kingsong App for the smartphone is very badly designed and coded. This is not the only flaw it has.

On 5/17/2017 at 4:17 PM, kasenutty said:

Be careful, I overleaned my 14c/840wh at 30+ a couple weeks ago and ate concrete :D

Again my question PLEASE!

How were you able to go faster than 30 kph as you mention above?

How did you know it?

And for replying to some comments above.

I have NEVER had a cut out with my then older V1 KS14C and now so far so good with new wheel, motor and mother board.

Other than annoying over heat tilt back with V1 also never had high speed tilt back set to

beep 1= 28, 2= 29, 3=30 tilt back 30 as well.

I checked this with gps and was close.

BUT now,

When checking with gps and doing some simple math I am quite sure that the apps 30 kph max is for a 16 inch wheel NOT my 14,

THUS why I want to be able to ride a TRUE 30 kph max.

I have a feeling I am stuck going 30 kph RPMs for a 16 inch on my 14 inch, why I ask if it is possible to set app speed settings higher.

Any and all info well taken!

ukj

6 hours ago, UKJ said:

How did you know it?

I have NEVER had a cut out with my then older V1 KS14C and now so far so good with new wheel, motor and mother board.

Other than annoying over heat tilt back with V1 also never had high speed tilt back set to

BUT now,

When checking with gps and doing some simple math I am quite sure that the apps 30 kph max is for a 16 inch wheel NOT my 14,

I have a feeling I am stuck going 30 kph RPMs for a 16 inch on my 14 inch, why I ask if it is possible to set app speed settings higher.

ukj

Please Please. Stop this nonsense. There are no way 14C inch wheel that can handle higher than 30KPH sustained. Look at the specs supplied by KINSONG. Specially the 67Volts system. Unless yoiu have a special custome make rewound motor and special controller, there is not way it can go that fast and you will get hurt.

@Diana@szkingsong.com should be able to explain

Product Performance Top Speed 28km/h after unlocked ( Default setting: 1st level beeping at 18km/h, 2nd level beeping at 19km/h, pedal tilt back at 20km/h) Mileage 340Wh (30-40km) / 420Wh (40-50km)

Maximum Grade Around 25°, 60kg riders up to 30°

I dont thing you have a 14S since they just announced it coming out soon.

591e36d59bb3f.pdf

• Kinsong 14D max 28KPH.
  • Kinsong 16   max 30KPH.
  • Kinsong 16S max 35KPH
  • Kinsong 18A max 40KPH.
  • Kinsong 18S max 40km/h after unlock, Top speed be 50km/h after 1000KM total mileage.

So please get your information. I have seen enough crashes from people not understanding the limits and doing the research after they get hurt. Why would I be trying to give you bad information that is trying to protect you.

Wow normally I am very nice but now must reply.

The pdf above says nothing about KS14C!

And is the above poster able to read and understand English?

My question is clearly stated, I am sure my Ks14C firmware is not allowing a true 30 kph as is set for a 16 inch wheel rpm as stated above, even quoted!

I am quite sure that I was able to get to and slightly above 30 kph with my V1 mother board and firm ware confirmed with good gps, and now even set to the EXACT same speed settings it simply will not again confirmed with gps.

ukj

12 hours ago, UKJ said:

How did you know it?

BUT now,

ukj

As a fairly long time rider of the KS14C (840wh version) who rides if almost every day, I can say that this wheel can barely do 30kph, and at that speed the wheel does not feel all that safe. I'll do it for very short distances every once-in-a-blue-moon, but the KS14C operates much better in the 24kph to 28kph range.

I do not believe you will find any experienced EUC rider that will recommend experimenting with high speeds on the KS14C.

Riding fast can be very fun You should get a wheel that's designed for speed and keep your KS14C for more slow speed fun.

@UKJ Even though 30kph is advertised I restrict myself to go no faster than 28kph - even without tiltback.

Trust me, don't consider pushing the 14c (840wh) beyond that, especially 30kph or you'll enjoy a nice face plant.

Well I am going to try reverse Psychology. 

DISCLAIMER.  DO NOT DO ANYTHING I AM ABOUT TO SAY BELOW.

On your 14C in order to go past 30KPH you have to lean on your tip toes really hard. Specially as you reach 28KPH. This will get you easily past the tiltback and get you moving really fast past 30KPH. As you feel the higher speeds you will experience the most amazing deep sensations all over your body.

Ok, I will try only (1) one more to explain my question as again the last sarcastic poster does not understand.

I set my speed beeps on my KS14C V1 at 1=28 kph  2=29 kph 3=30 kph and tilt back 30 kph

I checked these with a trusted GPS and found these numbers correct.

I was quite happy with this set up, and by the way NEVER have had even high speed tilt back let alone high speed crash or face plant!

Crusing at about 27 kph felt just fine and would slow down when hearing first beep, but did get to 31 kph when FULLY suited up just for fun ONCE!

Very safe thank you very much!

NOW....

As first axle bent, cracked it  has a new motor, wheel and mother board with firmware v 1.25

Again as done with the first speed settings set exactly the same with new app.

But controlled with GPS and then the circumference of a 16 inch wheel as compared to a 14 factored in I am thinking that at least on my EUC the settings are allowing about 88% of true speed I feel because it is using the 16 inch rpm as opposed to 14.

So now when I reach 27 kph it calculates 30 which sucks!

This is why I thought as I saw the app would allow up to 40 kph I could set mine higher to get to back where I was by simply increasing by 12 %.

So I ask,

Is there any way to know if my firmware is set to 14 or 16 inch wheel?

Can it be changed?

Is there a way to set the speeds higher on the latest app?

Only replies that address the above specific questions will be considered please.

ukj

5 hours ago, UKJ said:

Ok, I will try only (1) one more to explain my question as again the last sarcastic poster does not understand.

I set my speed beeps on my KS14C V1 at 1=28 kph  2=29 kph 3=30 kph and tilt back 30 kph

I checked these with a trusted GPS and found these numbers correct.

I was quite happy with this set up, and by the way NEVER have had even high speed tilt back let alone high speed crash or face plant!

Crusing at about 27 kph felt just fine and would slow down when hearing first beep, but did get to 31 kph when FULLY suited up just for fun ONCE!

Very safe thank you very much!

NOW....

As first axle bent, cracked it  has a new motor, wheel and mother board with firmware v 1.25

Again as done with the first speed settings set exactly the same with new app.

But controlled with GPS and then the circumference of a 16 inch wheel as compared to a 14 factored in I am thinking that at least on my EUC the settings are allowing about 88% of true speed I feel because it is using the 16 inch rpm as opposed to 14.

So now when I reach 27 kph it calculates 30 which sucks!

This is why I thought as I saw the app would allow up to 40 kph I could set mine higher to get to back where I was by simply increasing by 12 %.

So I ask,

Is there any way to know if my firmware is set to 14 or 16 inch wheel?

Can it be changed?

Is there a way to set the speeds higher on the latest app?

Only replies that address the above specific questions will be considered please.

ukj

Very interesting. So you think you have a 16 Inch wheel controller on a 14 inch wheel? I believe the wheel speed is tracked by the pulses generated by the Hall Effect sensors inside the wheel. This tells me that the 16 and 14 inch wheel have the same amount of poles and coil-slots and would explain that the true SPEED on the 14 inch is slower with the new board. 

You will have to contact. Someone at Kingsong

Thank you very much for the last reply!

I do not know and have no way of knowing if I have a 16" controller but sure seems such as GPS speeds are showing what would be the same RPMs  but of course slower due to less circumference of my 14" wheel, the math works out perfectly.

But the good news at least for me is that it feels stiffer, does not seem to over heat when idling and for some reason my backwards feels much better!

I will now set all beeps to max as well as tilt back and live with it.

I will also contact KINGSONG direct and ask about this situation.

ukj

Archived