Ninebot C+ - My first EUC

Joke

My first post to this forum :) About a year ago I read an article about Finnish guy riding a EUC in the middle of the snow in Rovaniemi. I decided that some day I want to have one too. With a lot of reading this forum and watching Ians reviews I ordered Ninebot C+ about a month ago. I watched all kinds of tutorials how to learn to ride but at the end I did it in my way. I rolled few hours in two days inside house from the corner of the living room to a kitchen taking support from everything i could on the way. Third day I encouraged myself out and it started to go very well! I was supposed to rode only in the neighborhood but I rode many kilometers around the area with a big smile on my face.

Fifth day I was at work with my Ninebot. It was funny leaving to home while there was 20 or so people watching outside - no pressure to keep your balance :P ECU's are not that typical here in Finland. At way home I had my first almost face plant. I accelerated to a bridge where there is an increasing incline. It didn't seems so steep when riding. Suddenly my bot was beebing once and trow me away. I had my gear on (motorcycling is my other hobby) and I was luckily able to run an keep up (jogging is the other one). The bot was hurt more than I did with a nice scratches on it. I rode home and didn't touch it for few days. Yesterday rode another demanding route. Now when I went hills slower there where no problems. I thinks that situation before was just too tight with 450W motor and my 100 kg (220 lbs) weight. I was accelerating too fast in a demanding place. I think that for persons my weight there are better choices than Ninebot but when going easy in hills it's a lot fun too. Yesterday I got about 15 km with 220Wh battery going as fast as i could almost all the time. Last 2 km was in "limp mode" with a battery less than 20%.

Uni-cycling is so much fun! After my crash I started to look my next wheel with more power. But that'a a another topic. 

Welcome to the club! :) 

Good to hear about new happy EUC users.

As you say, the 220Wh and 450W motor is a little on low side for a higher weight. But as long you're aware about the boundaries of your own EUC (all of them have them), you'll get more and more pleasure of riding it.

Thanks Vik's :)

Yesterday another longer trip with Ninebot. I drove to city center to have a beer with my friend. I live in a city with a river and there are long sidewalks in both sides of it. The sun was shining and it was so nice to drive around river side when there was a half of town spending time outside. Balance has been improving quickly and there's no problem cruising along walkers and cyclists. Off cause with caution. Trip to city center was about 7 km and according to phone software it took about 30% on battery. It seem's that with no bigger hills, average speed and maximum load you can go up to 20 km per charge. In the trip back home I survived easily without limp mode using max speed.

With a Ninebot I found myself driving towards a limiter almost all the time. I can drive constant 18 km/h but just after that tilt back is there. Slightly against tilt back it keeps that speed usually without beebing. Some cyclists are going a bit faster so I want a little more. My next wheel (ACM16) is on the way!

Archived