new to v8 with few questions

Wojciech Plocharski

i like the app for keeping in touch with some people there but it crash often and loosing connection as well. might try the one above in some time. good to know. thanks.

There is another thing which i dislike. The foot pads/pedals. They are simply to small. and their shape is uncomfortable. I got a bruse under a foot now from riding preety rough terrain :/ should have gotway shape of it somehow.

• 4 weeks later...

I will add few questions of my own.

I got my new V8 today as replacement for V5F i spent 2200 km with. With V5F I experienced tiltback a lot reaching 24-25km/h. I usually felt slight tiltback and If i pushed a bit more, sound warning and strong tiltback. With V8 today, I heard sometimes sound warning while app displayed speeds ranging 26-30 km/h but i didn't feel any tiltback. I was afraid to lean forward stronger at those speeds. Is it possible, the V8 tiltback is so subtle, compared to V5F, I didn't notice it? Or is there something wrong with my unit?

Also, my calf hurts a little from those solid wider parts at the top of the V8 and I didn't feel comfortable during the trip. V5F have nice leather bolstering at those places. Is this something I should get used to, or perhaps is my stance somehow wrong?

I got used to the solid extrusions at the top after a few days. What helped was placing my feet a bit more forward, to align the ankle with the middle of the pedal.

As for the tiltback, try setting the speed limit in the app to 10 mph and see if you experience the tiltback. It felt much more subtle than with my ninebot to me.

about a tiltback...yes it is very subtle!

my v8 shout at me sometimes at the edge of 30KM/h to slow down and tilt back just a little so i gently lean backwards all the time as i dont want to try pushing it as when falling with that speed may do a lot of demage to us. the foot pads for me are uncomfortable due to the smal size (i were shoe size 10.5 or 45euro). most of the time when going on bumpie roads or jumping off the curbs i feel like my feet want to come off so i need to ajust them straight after a jump. also i put my feet not to close to the inmotion so i do not touch the V8 with my legs.like that the steering for me is more comfortable and give more space betwen the legs to lean at the bigger angle when making turns for example. After a 1.5 month of use i love the V8 for the joy of ride it give me. I do respect the high speeds shut down mode so i dont push it that much to the top of 30KM/h and normally most of mi rides 5-10KM dystance are at the average speed of 20-23KM/h and im talking here about riding with peddestrians and cars arround. Just keep looking a lot to the sides is it safe to pass and i fly by town quick.

5 hours ago, Juick said:

Also, my calf hurts a little from those solid wider parts at the top of the V8 and I didn't feel comfortable during the trip. V5F have nice leather bolstering at those places. Is this something I should get used to, or perhaps is my stance somehow wrong?

I agree the V5F padding is much better. One thing that I did was use the special Inmotion cover to soften the outer shell. Of course this hides the pretty LED lights, but if that isn't a big deal then it might be a solution. 

Archived