My first EUC! MSuper 3

7 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Never dropped, never scratched wheel too, with 100 miles. :)

How much do you think those sell for?

I already have my perfect wheel; my KS14c. After buying it I just ride it and don't feel the urge to buy other wheels. I realize a less floppy and greater ranged Inmotion V5F is really all I want, which the KS14c is close enough.

If this is the 84v version (I assume with the white wall shell) in the condition you describe I would be asking $1500. Somewhere in that ballpark.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/8/2017 at 2:01 AM, Dingfelder said:

If nothing else, having an activity that gets me out of the house is a good thing.

I spent very little time outdoors for several years pre-EUC. Now I am outdoors riding my wheel for at least an hour 7 days per week. I'm thankful that EUC re-connected me to the "outside world"!

Absolutely agree. In the last year I've experienced the town that I live in at a much deeper level that I did for the previous 17 years. I spend so much more time outside than I did previously. The EUC is a marvelous invention.

45 minutes ago, kour said:

what? you're not riding dat shit?!?

Me?  As per the title, it's "coming soon."  I thought I would have it by now or close to it, but the shipment got delayed back in China.

Meantime, I got a cheapo ebay wheel and am practicing on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Set for delivery on Thursday, while I'm at the dentist.  Well, that's a nice reward! :)

Haven't been practicing lately, so I think I'll mostly just look at it.  My hip is hurting a lot from lifting at work, and my shinbone is still very sore too, so I need some recovery time first.  I'm looking forward to Marty's review of his ... he should have his any minute if I'm getting mine Thursday.

2 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Set for delivery on Thursday, while I'm at the dentist.  Well, that's a nice reward! :)

Haven't been practicing lately, so I think I'll mostly just look at it.  My hip is hurting a lot from lifting at work, and my shinbone is still very sore too, so I need some recovery time first.  I'm looking forward to Marty's review of his ... he should have his any minute if I'm getting mine Thursday.

Yep, just picked it up a couple of hours ago. I saw yours in the warehouse ;)

@Jason McNeil, @Sven and I went for a little ride in the local hills. Jason wanted to stress test one of the ACM's. We found a nice park to zoom around in and I found one particularly steep trail to climb. The ACM passed with flying colors. I was the odd man out, riding my KS14C. True to it's nature it overheated on the hill :(  I really wish Gotway would come out with a strong 14" wheel.

Jason's a really nice guy in person too :thumbup:. Hopefully I can get him to join a group ride one of the next times that he's in California.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yep, just picked it up a couple of hours ago. I saw yours in the warehouse ;)

@Jason McNeil, @Sven and I went for a little ride in the local hills. Jason wanted to stress test one of the ACM's. We found a nice park to zoom around in and I found one particularly steep trail to climb. The ACM passed with flying colors. I was the odd man out, riding my KS14C. True to it's nature it overheated on the hill :(  I really wish Gotway would come out with a strong 14" wheel.

Jason's a really nice guy in person too :thumbup:. Hopefully I can get him to join a group ride one of the next times that he's in California.

He seemed very nice on the phone when I called him a couple of times. :)

Did you talk to him at all about your ACM problems?  If so, did he help steer you toward the best way to fix it up?

17 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

He seemed very nice on the phone when I called him a couple of times. :)

Did you talk to him at all about your ACM problems?  If so, did he help steer you toward the best way to fix it up?

No, I worked through my ACM problems with Ian since that's where I bought the wheel. It's going to be a new control board and maybe motor. Should be straight forward (if not time consuming).

I'm getting pretty frustrated by all this waiting, to be honest.  I know it's not Jason's fault though.

I really look forward to the day when more powerful motors and longer range will be standard, so riders at average American weights will have a wide choice in wheels and not feel pinned down to just a few wheels from just a vendor or two or three.  

We really are in the infancy of this thing.  I guess I'm feeling like an early adopter at the moment.

Not the worst thing in the world but ... boy is the world going to change with even incremental improvements in battery technology.  I feel we're poised right on the cusp of big things, and I'd like them to hurry up already.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

Finally:thumbup:

Charging now?

Impressed/scared by how heavy the thing is? (assuming your trainer wheel is half the weight)

Still in its brown box.  I worked last night and have a 4 p.m. dentist appointment, so I have to get some sleep today and not fool around.

I'd love to unbox it now, but I'd get all crazy excited and be unable to sleep.  I want to get at least a few hours in..

It's kinda like staring at an amazing looking box under the Christmas tree.  But I get to (sort of) choose when Christmas is.

Otherwise the timing is good, though.  I've been working crazy hard lately and because of that and because I've had a really crummy flu, I haven't had any energy or fun in weeks.  I think today is the first day I feel somewhat normal.  I can take a deep breath and not start coughing like crazy, etc.  So after the dentist, and dinner, I'm going to unwrap my baby.

The anticipation may be the best part of it! Good you have some fun from now on.

Here's some ideas for after you unwrapped and ridden the thing for a few miles/days/whenever you feel like it:

• Recalibrate, if you have the pedal dipping when doing curves. The key here is to have the wheel nicely vertical sideways (so not tilted sideways) in addition to whatever tilt you want the pedals to be. I've found a real level is better than the usual phone apps (because it's bigger). I did it from the speedyfeet video, the beeps were different but the concept the same. Also a good idea to make a crazy tilted recalibration to see you did it correctly.
  • Use the Gotway app for possible recalibration and to check the alarms and tiltback and then never use that piece of crap again:) Wheellog or whatever is miles better for day to day riding.

Good night and have pleasant EUC dreams;)

The knee pads on the top sides of the wheel can take some time to get used to, so don't try to force the sides of your feet to touch the wheel at first. Watching other people position their legs on the MSuper was useful.

I believe the idea of the msuper is to lock your legs in place, and only rotate your hips, whereas most other wheels you can lift one leg/bend one knee, and that way make turns.

45 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

Still in its brown box.  I worked last night and have a 4 p.m. dentist appointment, so I have to get some sleep today and not fool around.

I'd love to unbox it now, but I'd get all crazy excited and be unable to sleep.  I want to get at least a few hours in..

It's kinda like staring at an amazing looking box under the Christmas tree.  But I get to (sort of) choose when Christmas is.

Otherwise the timing is good, though.  I've been working crazy hard lately and because of that and because I've had a really crummy flu, I haven't had any energy or fun in weeks.  I think today is the first day I feel somewhat normal.  I can take a deep breath and not start coughing like crazy, etc.  So after the dentist, and dinner, I'm going to unwrap my baby.

You really should take it out of the box and just charge it. Mine had maybe 10% charge.

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You really should take it out of the box and just charge it. Mine had maybe 10% charge.

It's evening now, and I did.  

Checked out the manual -- holy cow it's poorly done!  Not even a mention of the app, either.  Jason did send me an e-mail with a link for it, though.  Tomorrow I'll go to Verizon to set up my smart phone so I'll be ready.

Lifted the wheel out of the box and wow, I could feel every pound of the weight!  This feels like if it hit you, you'd be in trouble. 

Feels very sturdy, though.  The shell feels kind of like suede rather than slick.  Really a nice looking machine.  The dark black makes it look authoritative and almost imposing.  It definitely doesn't look like a toy.  And I was surprised that even my size 12 1/2 feet fit very nicely on the pedals, with just a little overhang in front and back.  I think I'm really going to like the feel of them.

Tire needs inflating,but I'll wait till tomorrow to do that, when I'll also put some Slime in it as a protective measure.  

Really glad to get the wheel at last. Even so, I'll be practicing on my Step N Roll for a while before I try out the MSuper for more than a quick few steps.  

37 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

It's evening now, and I did.  

Checked out the manual -- holy cow it's poorly done!  Not even a mention of the app, either.  Jason did send me an e-mail with a link for it, though.  Tomorrow I'll go to Verizon to set up my smart phone so I'll be ready.

Lifted the wheel out of the box and wow, I could feel every pound of the weight!  This feels like if it hit you, you'd be in trouble. 

Feels very sturdy, though.  The shell feels kind of like suede rather than slick.  Really a nice looking machine.  The dark black makes it look authoritative and almost imposing.  It definitely doesn't look like a toy.  And I was surprised that even my size 12 1/2 feet fit very nicely on the pedals, with just a little overhang in front and back.  I think I'm really going to like the feel of them.

Tire needs inflating,but I'll wait till tomorrow to do that, when I'll also put some Slime in it as a protective measure.  

Really glad to get the wheel at last. Even so, I'll be practicing on my Step N Roll for a while before I try out the MSuper for more than a quick few steps.  

The fun begins real soon now.

Yes, people that get their first performance wheels are generally impressed with their presence. These are honest-to-god machines to be taken seriously.

Archived