My first EUC! MSuper 3

--You'll probably put a hold on UPS so you can pick it up hours earlier.

--You'll be shocked out how heavy the box is.

--You'll carefully open the box with the idea you'll need it later. You will.

--As you unbox the wheel you'll be amazed at how precisely everything is packaged together. The wheel will be slick to the touch, and you'll harbor the fantasy it was put together by robots, untouched by mere human hands.

--The wonderful tire, electronics, and ion smell will encourage you to place the wheel next to your bed, or perhaps in it between you and your wife. Preferably.

--You will need to visit this forum in order to figure out how to inflate the tire. No kidding.

--When laid on the floor, the wheel looks surprisingly tiny, like a little baby orphan.

--You will regret turning on the unicycle while it is using the bottom foam packaging as an unicycle stand. NEVER do this.

--The unicycle will be everything you expect but much more.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/24/2017 at 11:30 AM, LanghamP said:

There is a leveling adjustment in the Gotway application that I would recommend doing first off.

I've had at least 2 IPS wheels that came with the level misadjusted. Now, for any new wheel, the first two things I do are inflate the tire to my desired pressure (for me this is 50 psi) and check the level, calibrating with app if needed. Proper level adjustment makes a big difference for comfortable riding.

On 5/16/2017 at 10:34 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

The one thing I'm envious of with the msuper (compared to the ACM) is the nice wide fat tire.

ACM is a perfect candidate for 2.5 tire. Why did Gotway decide not to use 2.5 for ACM?

On 5/25/2017 at 2:07 PM, LanghamP said:

You'll carefully open the box with the idea you'll need it later. You will.

Have to disagree, i hate my box and must figure out how to recycle it.:barf:  I thought the wheel might be bad quality, but it is not.  After 14 months of ownership, the wheel still works great, just as good as day one.  It goes extremely fast, lasts a long time on a charge, and has been dropped dozens of times while trying to learn backwards riding.  The shell is not even cracked!  But at the same time, I agree with you, keep the box in case there is a problem and you need to ship it.  At this point in time, it has well exceeded the warranty, and i am a little bit too happy.  In fact, I am depressed.  Now I want one of the really good wheels:w00t2:

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, LanghamP said:

When laid on the floor, the wheel looks surprisingly tiny, like a little baby orphan.

lol, wth?

I've started to think about one of those $230 step n go e-bay wheels just to learn on, especially since I could get it here quick.  Very tempting.  

Couldn't expect much in the way of performance, but I could bang the daylights out of it without feeling too much remorse.

42 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

I've started to think about one of those $230 step n go e-bay wheels just to learn on, especially since I could get it here quick.  Very tempting.  

Couldn't expect much in the way of performance, but I could bang the daylights out of it without feeling too much remorse.

no man! msuper all the way! just don't get ahead of yourself on some hills - find some flat areas and you're good to go

The MSuper is already on order.  It's just that I'm not expecting it till possibly mid-June, as Jason says he expects it in the first week of June.  

Guess I'm just getting fidgety. :D  

I did order two rolls of foam tape, though.  So maybe I won't bang up the MSuper too bad.  It's going to meet the road for the first time bundled up like an eskimo, I can tell you that.

If you can tolerate the financial cost, then a looking for trouble wheel such as the Inmotion V5/V8 or some other 14-16 inch wheel could be in your hands in less than a week.

And a little 14-16 inch wheel is surprisingly and awesomely useful for most things you do around town, or even outside town. I mean, recently I parked at this friend's house and when I forgot where I parked I had to cruise back though the suburbs, around 7-8 miles away. It was easy on a small wheel and would be easier on a bigger wheel. Certainly much easier than bicycling 

The experiences between using a V5 and an MS3 are so different they might as well be in separate transportation categories. In fact, legally they are as the V5 makes under 1 HP but the MSUPER makes more and hence should be in the >50 cc scooter category.

When I'm off the V5, the deployed trolley makes it feel like I'm handling"self-propelled" luggage. It is very very nice. It's not even noticeable to most people. And then chuck it into the seat or floor of the car. In contrast I'm always very aware of my MSuper; the mass and power (and noise) is evident even when trolleying.

I'm noticing most people here, what I would term enthusiast and early adopters, own both a small and a large EUC. One to drop and one to commute on. :)

Buy another wheel. You know you want to. It's the environmentally responsible thing to do.

6 hours ago, LanghamP said:

If you can tolerate the financial cost, then a looking for trouble wheel such as the Inmotion V5/V8 or some other 14-16 inch wheel could be in your hands in less than a week.

I'm noticing most people here, what I would term enthusiast and early adopters, own both a small and a large EUC. One to drop and one to commute on. :)

Yeah ... I'm thinking something super cheap might be easier financially though.  Even the V5 is about triple the $230 USD I was thinking of spending on a pure throw-away.  The V5/V8 look like fantastic wheels though.

Buy another wheel. You know you want to. It's the environmentally responsible thing to do.

LOL!

Okay, I couldn't take it anymore.  I bought the $225 ebay step n whatever, delivery by June 7.  I'm expecting my MSuper will come within about a week of that date.  

But I figure to heck with it, learn on the simple cheap wheel and have a less paranoid experience getting some of the basics down.  

Maybe I keep it, maybe I try to sell it for a discount locally.  If so, who knows, it may turn out to be roughly a hundred dollar experiment.

I've already had a friend say she wants to try my wheel when I get it.  But frankly I'd rather she try my $200 wheel than my $2,000 wheel, if ya know what I mean.  For $200 I can let the entire neighborhood try it and if it dies a horrible death, who really cares.  (I can afford $200 worth of cavalier...ity?  ...cavalierness?  osity?  Something like that.)

58 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

Okay, I couldn't take it anymore.  I bought the $225 ebay step n whatever, delivery by June 7.  I'm expecting my MSuper will come within about a week of that date.  

But I figure to heck with it, learn on the simple cheap wheel and have a less paranoid experience getting some of the basics down.  

Maybe I keep it, maybe I try to sell it for a discount locally.  If so, who knows, it may turn out to be roughly a hundred dollar experiment.

I've already had a friend say she wants to try my wheel when she gets it.  But frankly I'd rather she try my $200 wheel than my $2,000 wheel, if ya know what I mean.  For $200 I can let the entire neighborhood try it and if it dies a horrible death, who really cares.  (I can afford $200 worth of cavalier...ity?  ...cavalierness?  osity?  Something like that.)

Have fun with it. I became disenchanted with my $200 generic when it cut out on me after dropping from a 1"-2" ledge, causing a face-plant and associated bloody knee and palms. I'm rather paranoid about riding it now and I'm not sure what's keeping me from throwing it in the garbage. Maybe just a little more time.

Edit: With a clear conscious I'm not sure that I could sell it to anybody :unsure:

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Have fun with it. I became disenchanted with my $200 generic when it cut out on me after dropping from a 1"-2" ledge, causing a face-plant and associated bloody knee and palms. I'm rather paranoid about riding it now and I'm not sure what's keeping me from throwing it in the garbage. Maybe just a little more time.

Edit: With a clear conscious I'm not sure that I could sell it to anybody :unsure:

Sorry you ate some ground there Marty!

I'm going to be real slow and careful, stick to level ground and probably only pavement.  Hopefully I don't have much bad luck, but I do fully expect to fall no matter what wheel I have.  Repeatedly.  I have knee and wrist guards and a helmet and will get some elbow guards and shin guards too.

The thing even has training wheels, and I will probably start off with them just so I get the most basic of basics down, then remove them shortly thereafter.  I think I've seen people saying they're only useful for like a half hour and then it's time to move on.

I was surprised to see some folks say they liked it, as I assumed it couldn't be decent if a whole lot of the wheels people are more commonly buying are so many multiples of it in price. So I'm prepared to like it or hate it and other things in between, and assume loving it is out of the question.  Maybe it will provide some value though. 

Marty, I forget who pointed it out, but he said that the valve on the MSuper is really hard to get to and that you recommended a nozzle adapter that looked like it turned 90 degrees.  Do you have recommendations for better or worse ones?  

I don't know from thread sizes and nomenclature and such ...

This looks like a good cheap one, and some are like 4 times the price so I dunno if they're any better or not ..

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Anti-leakage-Extension-Adaptor-Motorcycle/dp/B01N2UMHO7/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1496039105&sr=8-7&keywords=bicycle+valve+angle+adapter

7 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Marty, I forget who pointed it out, but he said that the valve on the MSuper is really hard to get to and that you recommended a nozzle adapter that looked like it turned 90 degrees.  Do you have recommendations for better or worse ones?  

I don't know from thread sizes and nomenclature and such ...

This looks like a good cheap one, and some are like 4 times the price so I dunno if they're any better or not ..

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Anti-leakage-Extension-Adaptor-Motorcycle/dp/B01N2UMHO7/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1496039105&sr=8-7&keywords=bicycle+valve+angle+adapter

I can only offer advice if you have a compressor. Here is a previous post that I still stand by:

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I can only offer advice if you have a compressor. Here is a previous post that I still stand by:

Okay.  Was just wondering if I would get the right thread size.  I'll try to ask around further, thanks.

I bought these and could not figure out how they should fit or what or how things should be removed.

uxcell 2 Pcs Green 90 Degree Angled Motorcycle Scooter Tubeless Tire Valve Stem Cap https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K5DB0WS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7fdlzbSE1PG50

Then I got this which after great effort worked. I put my wheel on my couch while watching TV and fiddle with it until it finally goes in. Eyes are useless.

Accu-gage - Chek A Spare, Valve Extender https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006O2S8M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_bidlzb807K76R

17 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

the valve on the MSuper is really hard to get to and that you recommended a nozzle adapter that looked like it turned 90 degrees.  Do you have recommendations for better or worse ones?

The tires of every wheel I've owned so far worked well with this extension (I do not know if it works with MSuper tire):

https://www.banggood.com/Electric-Unicycle-Air-Type-Valve-Extension-Adaptor-12_5cm-p-999165.html

ValveExtension.jpg.dddc97ebe627ffdd026fd993be31a50c.jpg

Several ideas were suggested here:

Thanks Max!

On another note:

Got an e-mail from Jason today.  Loading the ship got delayed, so now it's most likely I'm getting the wheel a few days after the estimated June 15th-18th US ship dates.

So I'm glad I'm getting the little no-name by the 7th, which should give me at least a week's worth of practice and help tamp down to ordinary levels any nervousness about scraping and crashing my MSuper. 

59 minutes ago, steve454 said:

@Dingfelder hopefully one or the other of the wheels will come with that valve extension, I think in Speedyfeet's unboxing video it had one in the box.

Cool.  We'll see I guess.  Luckily they don't look too expensive.  Not always easy to find though; I'll have to order from Amazon I think, if I need one.

2 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Cool.  We'll see I guess.  Luckily they don't look too expensive.  Not always easy to find though; I'll have to order from Amazon I think, if I need one.

And be prepared to fill the tire immediately. Very often the tires arrive with low pressure.

36 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

And be prepared to fill the tire immediately. Very often the tires arrive with low pressure.

Will do.  But first ... the slime!  

Do you use that in your car tires too, Marty?

Archived