Gotway Msuper 820wh for sale (SOLD)

3 hours ago, abinder3 said:

Nope. Impossible to do that without going riding down major streets. 

I have lived here since 1979 and it could never be done from Santa Monica to Newport Beach. 

That's a long ways between Santa Monica and Newport Beach.  You must be thinking of some other place. 

Taking the freeways, its about 54 mikes from Santa Monica to Newport Beach. 

Allen

I don't know if @captainwells has made the trip yet, but he was planning to. I had the sense that he had a route picked out.

15 hours ago, Sketch said:

@yourtoys7  Glad you like your new Msuper. Sounds like a nice wheel.  The thing I didn't like about my Msuper 820 was that it had that swishy pedal feel and it always felt like I had to overly push on the front of my pedals to get up really steep hills.  Before I sold the Msuper I took them both out to compare the two and see which on I liked.  The Msuper was definitely  a smooth ride, but had trouble going up semi steep grass hills.  The ACM was able to go up with a lot less effort.

Do you think the 84v Msuper would have an easier time up hills?  Maybe you, @Marty Backe and others can chime in on differences.

When I rode the MSuper for some miles up the mountains in Griffith Park it felt stronger than my MSuper. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to ride it up the really steep hills.

I remember this particularly steep section that we rode earlier, where @who_the commented that he had to squeeze his MSuper as he rode up it. That's classic MSuper language. I never have to squeeze my ACM (67v or 84v) when navigating tough hills - it just goes :thumbup:

Yeah that's the remarkable thing.  The geography and weather patterns hold the air in no matter what's in it,  It's just the way the place is.

Hopefully mass transit keeps growing there.  

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't know if @captainwells has made the trip yet, but he was planning to. I had the sense that he had a route picked out.

Will definitely have to go on major streets if he does. Not any easy thing to do especially on rollerblades like was mentioned. 

Allen

6 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Will definitely have to go on major streets if he does. Not any easy thing to do especially on rollerblades like was mentioned. 

Allen

You really have to define major. There are many very nice bike paths that would take you thru Palos Verdes and from there are lots of interesting routes that could be followed. It's not the bike path, but I think it could be pleasant without risking life or limb.

Aren't you in Thailand?

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

You really have to define major. There are many very nice bike paths that would take you thru Palos Verdes and from there are lots of interesting routes that could be followed. It's not the bike path, but I think it could be pleasant without risking life or limb.

Aren't you in Thailand?

Yes. I'm in Thailand. 

Personally, I wouldn't want to trust the streets in PV because if you go through PV following the coast, you will most likely go to San Pedro. Once in San Pedro, you will most likely have to head towards Long Beach and about the only ways there are across the Vincent St Thomas bridge or PCH. 

And then you will have to go on major streets again to go from Belmont Shores to Seal Beach.  The bike path up the LA River doesn't allow you to travel to Seal Beach without going on major streets that don't have lots of traffic. 

Definitely not on rollerblades like was mentioned. 

(I use to kitesurf at Belmont shores and I'm pretty familiar with that area near the beach and I use to sailboard in San Pedro so I'm also pretty familiar with that area as well.)

Allen

30 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Yes. I'm in Thailand. 

Personally, I wouldn't want to trust the streets in PV because if you go through PV following the coast, you will most likely go to San Pedro. Once in San Pedro, you will most likely have to head towards Long Beach and about the only ways there are across the Vincent St Thomas bridge or PCH. 

And then you will have to go on major streets again to go from Belmont Shores to Seal Beach.  The bike path up the LA River doesn't allow you to travel to Seal Beach without going on major streets that don't have lots of traffic. 

Definitely not on rollerblades like was mentioned. 

(I use to kitesurf at Belmont shores and I'm pretty familiar with that area near the beach and I use to sailboard in San Pedro so I'm also pretty familiar with that area as well.)

Allen

OK. Of my context has always been about riding the EUC, not rollerblades.

Archived