ROCKWHEEL GT16

You are the original creator of rockwheel company? Many people here did technical research on wheelbarrow/unicycle but usually only sales person from other company posts here so it's hard to get information to people designing the products. Did you design original rockwheel models yourself?

• Upvote 2

As great as it is that they posted something, to not take the time to correct the obvious well known translation issue with wheelbarrow / unicycle shows the basic issue.  Lots of small companies with limited resources.  This forum and Ninebot seem to be the market drivers.  HHBL's suggestion is a good one.  Maybe Ninebot will get some product placement in a movie soon or something that will break the market open, but few of the vendors are ready to support a healthy market right now.   InMotion just made the daft move of locking some users out of their App... sorry but that actually so stupid.  I hope I'm not the only one that is against this kind of thing, this would have serious legal implications for any US company, it's good thing they are not making cars.  Just wait until some users are incorrectly (as viewed by the company) locked out of their wheels.  The one good thing is maybe more people will realize how silly it is to autoupdate all software regardless of what vendors and the industry pundits might say.  

On the positive side, that looks like a great wheel, and at least they are thinking about design, so they could be a very good force in the industry.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, 陈小杰 said:

@houseofjob  

Thanks for your support, we will continue to improve.
At present the maximum motor speed has been changed to 63KM / H,
We are also testing the 84V 10A charger.
Can be used as a custom version of the model.

You can't sell products with 80V DC plug in western countries, you need 2x 42V rails that connect in series inside the product. Chinese power tool manufacturer uses this method.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, lizardmech said:

You can't sell products with 80V DC plug in western countries, you need 2x 42V rails that connect in series inside the product. Chinese power tool manufacturer uses this method.

I've seen the warnings about the safe voltage levels (something like 60V DC is the threshold?), although I didn't know that selling anything with higher output is forbidden. What about higher voltage PSUs, that can output 100+V max? Or are such products exempt, as they're not exactly "for consumers"?

Edited by esaj
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, esaj said:

I've seen the warnings about the safe voltage levels (something like 60V DC is the threshold?), although I didn't know that selling anything with higher output is forbidden. What about higher voltage PSUs, that can output 100+V max? Or are such products exempt, as they're not exactly "for consumers"?

I imagine they would be exempt and there's some regulation for industrial power. From what I can tell you can have higher voltages inside the device but any exposed pins should be less than 60V DC. It's probably better to have multiple 20V charging rails you would only need 8 pins on the connector less sparks and issues if the charger is left somewhere careless. There's 80V chainsaws around with a similar system, charger and battery pins are multiple low voltage rails, only get connected in series inside the unit, greenworks is the brand I think.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

"Overclocked" model. 70 km/h. Mmmmhkay. Suddenly the Gotways appear safe and conservative:ph34r:

There really should be an 80% battery warning with the Rockwheels, not just speed warnings that, depending on rider weight and route taken, may be above max power. How are you supposed to see how fast you can safely go without crashing at crazy speeds?

• Upvote 2

@陈小杰 a wish list for GT16 or maybe GT16v2:

• Updated firmware/app, where you can set the last alarm at a percentage of power. Like 80% of maximum available power.
  • Audible temperature/overcharge/overcurrent alarms, to avoid stupid accidents.
  • Updated app, where battery level and temperatures are more clear, and where the current mode (walking, beginner, playing) is not reset when you connect.
  • A clear link for both Android and iOS for the app, you're not supposed to have to look for the app on forums...
  • Ability to change the BT-password in the firmware/app, to avoid others connecting to your wheel.
  • Bigger pedals to avoid fatigue, see http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7284-second-hand-gt16-interesting-mix-of-highs-and-lows/?page=2
  • Pedal washers to stiffen the action of opening or closing up the pedals.
  • Pedals should not scrape on the chassi.
  • Combination of grip tape and rubber to secure the grip in wet conditions.
  • Broader slightly thicker and softer pads, to give support even if you crouch. and some thin padding at pedal and ankle-level.
  • A mud-flap that actually works and doesn't scrape on the tire.
  • Larger tolerances between wheel and chassi overall, especially where the tire and the valve goes through the body.
  • 2.5" tire, to heighten stability and comfort on long runs and in terrain.
  • Internal layout of cables that doesn't require breaking a plexi-glass window to disconnect wires, and doesn't mean you have to stuff heavy duty cables in a match-box compartment.
  • Ability to remove the wheel from the chassi, without dismantling the chassi totally.
  • Less dirt traps in the chassi design.
  • Control-board coating, to prevent damage from condensation and seeping water.
  • 12x247 MOSFET (I believe there are 6x247 now, but haven't checked personally)
  • Gas-free crimped bullet connectors, to avoid heat disconnecting the cables.
  • Also be careful with the tinning if you feel you need it, so that the cable ends don't break from vibrations.
  • Stronger front-light LEDs.
  • Louder warning speakers.

Sorry, it became a long list. But I believe that if all the things on the list was fixed, you would have a real winner...

• Upvote 3

70kmh?

really? i only can see that when driving with integral helm, full!! body protection, leather boots, handshoes, wristguards and so on...

When i would wear something like this...i would drive a Kawasaki 1200cc with 300horsepower...but not a unicycle!

my 2 cents...as long as there is no redundacy in the boards...no thank you!

• Upvote 1

On 5/15/2017 at 4:18 AM, lizardmech said:

1.5 These requirements do not cover products intended to charge batteries for starter motors used to start engines. Products of this type are covered by the Standard for Battery Chargers for Charging Engine-Starter Batteries, UL 1236.

On 5/15/2017 at 7:58 AM, esaj said:

1.5 These requirements do not cover products intended to charge batteries for starter motors used to start engines. Products of this type are covered by the Standard for Battery Chargers for Charging Engine-Starter Batteries, UL 1236.

15 hours ago, Scatcat said:

@陈小杰  listę życzeń dla GT16 czy może GT16v2:

• Zaktualizowany firmware / app, w którym można ustawić ostatni alarm w procentach mocy. Podobnie jak 80% maksymalnej dostępnej mocy.
  • Słyszalny temperatury / przeładowanie / alarmy nadprądowe, aby uniknąć głupich wypadków.
  • Zaktualizowany app, gdzie poziom naładowania baterii i temperatury są bardziej wyraźne, a gdzie aktualny tryb (spacery, początkujący, gra) nie jest zresetowany po podłączeniu.
  • Wyraźne powiązanie zarówno dla Androida i iOS dla aplikacji, nie powinieneś mieć szukać aplikacji na forach ...
  • Możliwość zmiany BT-hasło w firmware / app, aby uniknąć łączenia się z innym kołem.
  • Większe pedały, aby uniknąć zmęczenia, patrz  http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7284-second-hand-gt16-interesting-mix-of-highs-and-lows/?page=2
  • Podkładki pedał aby usztywnić działanie otwierania lub zamykania pedałów.
  • Pedały nie należy skrobać na podwozia.
  • Połączenie taśmy i gumy uchwyt do mocowania Przyczepność na mokrej nawierzchni.
  • Szersze nieco grubsze i bardziej miękkie podkładki, aby dać wsparcie, nawet jeśli Crouch. a niektóre cienka wyściółka na pedale i kostki poziomie.
  • Błoto-klapa, która faktycznie działa i nie skrobać na oponie.
  • Większe tolerancje między kołem a CHASSI ogólnej, zwłaszcza gdy opona i zawór przechodzi przez ciało.
  • 2,5" opona, aby zwiększyć stabilność i wygodę w dużych seriach i w terenie.
  • Wewnętrzny układ kabli, które nie wymagają zerwania okno plexi szkła odłączyć przewody, i nie oznacza, że mają do rzeczy ciężkich kabli służbę w przedziale match-box.
  • Możliwość zdjąć koło z podwozia, bez demontażu podwozia całkowicie.
  • Mniej pułapek brudu w konstrukcji podwozia.
  • Powłoka sufitu, aby zapobiec uszkodzeniu w wyniku kondensacji i sączy wody.
  • MOSFET 12x247 (Wierzę, że istnieją 6x247 teraz, ale nie sprawdzone osobiście)
  • zaciskane złącza kulach gazowe wolny, aby uniknąć ciepła odłączania kabli.
  • Należy także uważać z cynowania, jeśli czujesz, że potrzebujesz go, tak że końce kabli nie pękają od drgań.
  • Mocniejsze diody przednie światła.
  • Głośniej głośniki ostrzegawcze.

Niestety, stało się długa lista. Ale wierzę, że jeśli wszystkie rzeczy na liście została ustalona, to masz prawdziwego zwycięzcę ...

The list is sensational .. i would like rockwheel

53 minutes ago, diegoxxx said:

The list is sensational .. i would like rockwheel

Nice of you to translate it :)

Yes, if they fixed all that, they would become a real contender. A company even Kingsong and Gotway had to look out for.

The GT16 is in many ways a spectacular wheel. I am very glad that I have it. It is amazingly nimble, reasonably stable at speed and strong as a bull. I can roll at slow walking tempo avoiding pedestrians, then turn sharply and accelerate to 30kph like shot out of a cannon.

But in some ways it is really craptacular... The body has too many dirt traps, and far too small tolerances to the tire. The sides are flared in the most unfortunate places, just where the balls of my ankles reside. The padding is narrow and rather hard. The mud-flap is so bad I've finally taken it off permanently. The pedals grind on the body, and they are too small. They're also a bit hard to get tight enough to make them stay in upright position. There is a lot of noises, squeaking, grinding and so on, mostly because parts that shouldn't touch does. Taking off the wheel seem to require the hand of God - or just total dismantling... :D

So if they make a V2 with all the bad stuff fixed, then WOW.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, 陈小杰 said:

@Scatcat  Thank you very much for writing this advice and spent a lot of time.

• Updated firmware/app, where you can set the last alarm at a percentage of power. Like 80% of maximum available power.
  • Audible temperature/overcharge/overcurrent alarms, to avoid stupid accidents.
  • These two have been resolved.

• 2.5" tire, to heighten stability and comfort on long runs and in terrain.
  • MOSFET 12x247 (Wierzę, że istnieją 6x247 teraz, ale nie sprawdzone osobiście)
  • Design space is not enough, can not change.

@陈小杰 Congratulations on resolving the most important points, these are about security so I'm happy their fixed.

I understand that the last points can't be resolved in the current model with the current body. The 2.5" tire is primarily advice for a "next model", and a doubling of MOSFET's would require at least a redesign of the housing for the control-board.

But points that could be retrofitted to the current model are:

• Larger pedal, even a small extension within the current design bounds would matter.
  • Control board coating to prevent damage from condensation, for new production, and for replacement boards.
  • Android app available through Google Play Store, preferably with some instructions of what meter shows what.
  • Thin padding around the height where the ankles of the feet resides.

Many of the remaining points would be good things to have in a GT16v2...

Regards

Marcus (Scatcat) Fridholm

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scatcat said:

@陈小杰 Congratulations on resolving the most important points, these are about security so I'm happy their fixed.

I understand that the last points can't be resolved in the current model with the current body. The 2.5" tire is primarily advice for a "next model", and a doubling of MOSFET's would require at least a redesign of the housing for the control-board.

• Larger pedal, even a small extension within the current design bounds would matter.
  • Control board coating to prevent damage from condensation, for new production, and for replacement boards.
  • Android app available through Google Play Store, preferably with some instructions of what meter shows what.
  • Thin padding around the height where the ankles of the feet resides.

Regards

Mosfet can be upgraded to IRFP4468PBF, 2 mohm vs 3.7 mohm for existing version. Thicker wire between motor and battery should be an easy improvement for heat reduction. Using better capacitors will also help. Should be possible to make all those improvements for maybe $20 per unit.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

• Thin padding around the height where the ankles of the feet resides

Regards

I like the pedal size is fine on the GT16 as it is now and dont miss a 2.5" tire. The padding on mine is also fine but I have a different and softer padding than Scatcat have on his GT16.

I would love these changes:

- A snap on mud guard similar to the one designed for the Msuper - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2083438
- An option in the android app to keep the awake - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8442079/keep-the-screen-awake-throughout-my-activity
- In the android app remap the volume button so that it activates the beeper on the GT16 - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2874743/android-volume-buttons-used-in-my-application
- I dont know how much rain and water the GT16 can handle, but coating the control board seems like a good idea.
- Brighter front LED
- More accurate battery indicator

Regulations here in Norway sais that self balancing vehicles need to have a bell installed. There is no point in having a bell installed on the handle of an EUC as it would be very hard to use but if I could just hold the phone in my hand and press the volume button it might be enough to pass as a bell...

4 hours ago, Lorents said:

I like the pedal size is fine on the GT16 as it is now and dont miss a 2.5" tire. The padding on mine is also fine but I have a different and softer padding than Scatcat have on his GT16.

I would love these changes:

- A snap on mud guard similar to the one designed for the Msuper - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2083438
- An option in the android app to keep the awake - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8442079/keep-the-screen-awake-throughout-my-activity
- In the android app remap the volume button so that it activates the beeper on the GT16 - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2874743/android-volume-buttons-used-in-my-application
- I dont know how much rain and water the GT16 can handle, but coating the control board seems like a good idea.
- Brighter front LED
- More accurate battery indicator

Regulations here in Norway sais that self balancing vehicles need to have a bell installed. There is no point in having a bell installed on the handle of an EUC as it would be very hard to use but if I could just hold the phone in my hand and press the volume button it might be enough to pass as a bell...

Problem solved:

ring-my-bell.thumb.jpg.5956e8e77121fe670645886a96a84e30.jpg

• Upvote 1