Chicken Katsu Curry - Wagamama

Paddylaz

Totally random, but if there's anyone here (specifically from the UK) that bloody loves Chicken Katsu Curry, especially from Wagamama's, this may interest you:

For ages I've been trying to recreate the sauce they use both in Wagamamas, and in Kokoro. As you may know, there is a Wagamama cookbook where they list all the ingredients and recipes. Suspciously, the sauce is not in there. All attempts by me (and I'm sure many others) to recreate it have failed miserably.

That is until I did some detective work and found out from an employee on a forum that the famed sauce is actually just a cube packet thing you add water to. Kinda like gravy cubes. It's called 'S & B Golden Curry (Hot)'. I wasn't convinced but having just bought some of Amazon and had a go....it is IDENTICAL. Hell fucking yeah. I'm guessing they left it out because of the embarrassment at charging £20 for a meal with sachet'd curry sauce!

It's these shared revelations that further the development of mankind! :efefae4566:

You should try that pulled pork recipe I posted up ages ago.  It's responsible for vanishing The Fat Unicyclist from the forums - it's that good.  He's too busy making it now to even comment on the forums any more!  :efee612b4b:

17 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Thats it ??

Cant find any in my local supermarkets but they're cheap on amazon

• 4 weeks later...

Out here in California we have a chain of restaurants called L&L Hawaiian BBQ.

They make an excellent Chicken Katsu, and like you mentioned, the sauce is the secret.

All this is making me hungry, so this weekend I've decided to ride my wheel to one of their locations for a treat.

But I've also ordered some of that curry sauce you mentioned.  Thanks for the culinary tip!

Q~

Archived