Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Top Speed: 40KM/h after unlock, set to 50km/h after riding 1000km ( Factory setting is 18km/h for first alarm, 19km/h for second alarm and 20km/h for tilt back)

Mileage:150-160KM

Maximum Gradibility:Around 30°

Battery:1680wh with featuring equilibrium, over-charge, over-discharge, over-current protection 

Operating Temperature :-10ºC/+60ºC

Max Load:150Kg

Charger:Input AC 80~240 V ,Output DC 67.2V,2A

Charging Time:14H

Rated Power:1500W

Max Power;3600W

Appearance of the weight 

Machine Size (mm):680mm(H) x465mm(L) X 190mm(Thickness)

Package Size (mm):760(H) x 500(L) X 220(mm)(Thickness)

Pedal distance from ground :130mm

Tire Size:18inch, Diameter 480mm

Net Weight:18KG

Body Interface Charging port:power on/off button, bluetooth on/off button, illuminating & braking lights,  Light Induction Port

Display Pannel :Colorful LED light

KS-18S.jpg

KS-18S W.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.5.2017 at 10:37 AM, Diana@szkingsong.com said:

Top Speed: 40KM/h after unlock, set to 50km/h after riding 1000km ( Factory setting is 18km/h for first alarm, 19km/h for second alarm and 20km/h for tilt back)

Mileage:150-160KM

Maximum Gradibility:Around 30°

Battery:1680wh with featuring equilibrium, over-charge, over-discharge, over-current protection 

Operating Temperature :-10ºC/+60ºC

Max Load:150Kg

Charger:Input AC 80~240 V ,Output DC 67.2V,2A

Charging Time:14H

Rated Power:1500W

Max Power;3600W

Appearance of the weight 

Machine Size (mm):680mm(H) x465mm(L) X 190mm(Thickness)

Package Size (mm):760(H) x 500(L) X 220(mm)(Thickness)

Pedal distance from ground :130mm

Tire Size:18inch, Diameter 480mm

Net Weight:18KG

Body Interface Charging port:power on/off button, bluetooth on/off button, illuminating & braking lights,  Light Induction Port

Display Pannel :Colorful LED light

KS-18S.jpg

KS-18S W.jpg

Is it possible to order one to Russia, Moscow? And how does it work exactly? 

What about warranty? 

Emanuel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Eman said:

Is it possible to order one to Russia, Moscow? And how does it work exactly? 

What about warranty? 

Emanuel 

Thanks for your message. We already have a exclusive dealer in Russia, so you can buy it directly from him. It is a very eco-friendly tool when going out. Our dealer's website is www.ecodrift.ru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Diana@szkingsong.com said:

Thanks for your message. We already have a exclusive dealer in Russia, so you can buy it directly from him. It is a very eco-friendly tool when going out. Our dealer's website is www.ecodrift.ru

Unfortunately the KS18-S is not listed till now in the catalog of ecodrift.ru... 

I'll try to contact them! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2017 at 0:37 AM, Diana@szkingsong.com said:

Top Speed: 40KM/h after unlock, set to 50km/h after riding 1000km ( Factory setting is 18km/h for first alarm, 19km/h for second alarm and 20km/h for tilt back)

Mileage:150-160KM

Maximum Gradibility:Around 30°

Battery:1680wh with featuring equilibrium, over-charge, over-discharge, over-current protection 

Operating Temperature :-10ºC/+60ºC

Max Load:150Kg

Charger:Input AC 80~240 V ,Output DC 67.2V,2A

Charging Time:14H

Rated Power:1500W

Max Power;3600W

Appearance of the weight 

Machine Size (mm):680mm(H) x465mm(L) X 190mm(Thickness)

Package Size (mm):760(H) x 500(L) X 220(mm)(Thickness)

Pedal distance from ground :130mm

Tire Size:18inch, Diameter 480mm

Net Weight:18KG

Body Interface Charging port:power on/off button, bluetooth on/off button, illuminating & braking lights,  Light Induction Port

Display Pannel :Colorful LED light

KS-18S.jpg

KS-18S W.jpg

@Diana@szkingsong.com

Those are good internal improvements. Does KingSong have any plans to produce more compact version of KS18 (same form factor as gotway msuper v3) ?

Edited by Adel
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diana@szkingsong.com said:

Yes, we have. Please waiting for it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!:thumbup:

@Diana@szkingsong.com Does Kingsong also have plans for bigger batteries (>1000Wh, maybe even 2000Wh or so;))? If yes, you could totally steal a lot of Gotway customers!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diana@szkingsong.com said:

Yes, we have. Please waiting for it.

Whao..what?:o Really? So same stats as the new 18s but a smaller shell? When can we expect some details? pics?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Eman said:

Is it possible to order one to Russia, Moscow? And how does it work exactly? 

What about warranty? 

Emanuel 

It's magical!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!:thumbup:

@Diana@szkingsong.com Does Kingsong also have plans for bigger batteries (>1000Wh, maybe even 2000Wh or so;))? If yes, you could totally steal a lot of Gotway customers!

I think 2000Wh batteries mean more fast speed, which also mean more dangerous for customers. King Song must consider the safety of customers. :)

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hatchet said:

Whao..what?:o Really? So same stats as the new 18s but a smaller shell? When can we expect some details? pics?

Thanks!

Thanks.I will post when it is available!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Diana@szkingsong.com said:

I think 2000Wh batteries mean more fast speed, which also mean more dangerous for customers. King Song must consider the safety of customers. :)

Thanks for your answer. But bigger batteries are for big range (like 100km or even more), not fast speed. Also, bigger battery = more parallel battery system = more safety:)

The #1 reason people choose Gotway over Kingsong is that Gotway has the bigger batteries  (1300Wh, 1600Wh, 2400Wh). I would definitely choose Kingsong over Gotway if they both have big battery. A lot of other people would too (because Kingsong has better safety). But people who want a big battery can only buy Gotway now, they have no choice!

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean the existing 18 and the soon coming 18S? I know. That is big enough (though more would be nice for such a big shell, at least as an option).

Question is, will the new 18 (smaller shell) also have the 1680Wh (or similar size) battery option?

I'm sad that 16S is not available with >1000Wh, mostly. Worried they will build the small18 shell also in a way so it is battery limited, like the 16.

Battery concerns were not just about the KS18 (1680Wh is good), but Kingsong wheels in general. Especially the 16S would need bigger battery to compete with ACM.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You mean the existing 18 and the soon coming 18S? I know. That is big enough (though more would be nice for such a big shell, at least as an option).

Question is, will the new 18 (smaller shell) also have the 1680Wh (or similar size) battery option?

I'm sad that 16S is not available with >1000Wh, mostly. Worried they will build the small18 shell also in a way so it is battery limited, like the 16.

Battery concerns were not just about the KS18 (1680Wh is good), but Kingsong wheels in general. Especially the 16S would need bigger battery to compete with ACM.

Ok I see. It would be nice if the ks16s came with larger battery. I have ks16 with 840wh battery and never made it past 50% because I got too tired by that point but I like the extra reserve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, my original post was misleading, the KS18 models are fine with battery sizes (but I still think a shell of this size could afford even bigger batteries. Why not?).

But I've definitely used my 1300Wh ACM. Never fully, but you also make different decisions depending on your battery size, and some things I might not have done had I had only <1000Wh. Agree, Reserves really are nice to have. Though 840Wh is also already a lot.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think 20 mile range about 32km is a good number for the majority. Then you could have the longe range as an option. 

I think the rule of thumb is about 30wh per mile or 19-20wh per kilometer.

Assuming 90 kilos rider. Flat with rolling up and down railroad grade. Same up as down. 

For more extreme adjust accordingly. And remember it's a unicycle, Not a monster truck. And even monster truck breaks when they don't land properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Sorry, my original post was misleading, the KS18 models are fine with battery sizes (but I still think a shell of this size could afford even bigger batteries. Why not?).

But I've definitely used my 1300Wh ACM. Never fully, but you also make different decisions depending on your battery size, and some things I might not have done had I had only <1000Wh. Agree, Reserves really are nice to have. Though 840Wh is also already a lot.

These batteries are over 50% of the ECU cost. I don't agree that making the wheel able to go around the work on a single charge makes sense. That would price most of us out of the machine. 

I think we need just a last mile model 14 wheel. Then a 20 mile 16inch and a 20 mile 18inch. I think a wide tire 18 inch could replace the 22inch. 

Then have a high capacity battery option for those that need long range or make the battery be plug and play replaceable.

Or have 2p internal with easy to open 2 ports to insert 1p in each port. Design such as imbalanced are managed by CPU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just saying have a say 680wh base model and option model with higher battery capacity. 

A 20s * $8.00 per sell +$50.00BMS + labor is almost $300.

a 20s2p is over $600 just for the battery. 

So i say no. We need a model with just 20 mile range with optional capability to add additional capacity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, no complaints about smaller batteries. I think we all agree here. I was just comparing how much space there is in the ACM shell vs how much space there is in the KS16 shell (more or less same size wheels) and it's a bit sad KS built their shells so they cannot have bigger battery options. Bit of a wasted opportunity.

All I'm saying, please Kingsong, also build models with big batteries, so these customers can buy Kingsong (better safety) instead of having to buy Gotway:)

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Carlos E Rodriguez 50$ for a BMS? 8$ per cell? I don't think that can be right. My 20s6p ACM would have costed 1800$ just for the battery, which is more than the final pre-tax price I paid (which includes dealer margin, manufacturer margin, importer margin, crazy EU import tax).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Carlos E Rodriguez 50$ for a BMS? 8$ per cell? I don't think that can be right. My 20s6p ACM would have costed 1800$ just for the battery, which is more than the final pre-tax price I paid (which includes dealer margin, manufacturer margin, importer margin, crazy EU import tax).

 

IMG_1402.PNG

IMG_1404.PNG

IMG_1406.PNG

IMG_1407.PNG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me clarify I have nothing against offering smaller batteries, especially since i'm sure the sweet spot for profit & units sold is on the low end of battery size, likely 820wh or less.

I just want them to also  build the larger battery options as well. I agree, Gotway is the go-to company for large battery wheels. A 1680wh is great for my needs, overkill even, so i am glad both companies offer that size, I wish Inmotion did.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×