21 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

I am just saying have a say 680wh base model and option model with higher battery capacity. 

A 20s * $8.00 per sell +$50.00BMS + labor is almost $300.

a 20s2p is over $600 just for the battery. 

So i say no. We need a model with just 20 mile range with optional capability to add additional capacity. 

where you have those prices from?

a batterie in mass buying (good! quality 3500mah) is about 4$ MAX......a BMS is about 15 bucks...

when you see the price difference on some wheels from -example- 840wh to 1680wh...double batteries , double BmS..... its something about 200 bucks...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20.6.2017 at 4:46 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Sorry, my original post was misleading, the KS18 models are fine with battery sizes (but I still think a shell of this size could afford even bigger batteries. Why not?).

But I've definitely used my 1300Wh ACM. Never fully, but you also make different decisions depending on your battery size, and some things I might not have done had I had only <1000Wh. Agree, Reserves really are nice to have. Though 840Wh is also already a lot.

I know what you mean...and where you are coming from!

when thinking about a 18" in 16s, 14d/s style, i can assure you there is enough place for a 1680 wh batterie....128 cells!

because of bigger size wheel you can easily put these batteries between or beside the trolley, or under the board for example!

guess of the 2 V3s+ packs, but put vertical between the trolley, just for example!

BUT: As i heard...they are in the designing process of molding a new shell....with all small parts...Led's, pads, trolley, new batterie sized packs/Bms/ Lights etc etc.....i would not exspect a new design Ks18 before september earliest/ end of the year....

my experiences/2 cents

so i ordered a old style ;-)

18 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

when thinking about a 18" in 16s, 14d/s style, i can assure you there is enough place for a 1680 wh batterie....128 cells!

Bleh<_< how disappointing if the redesigned KS18 is just another ball of spinning lights, mustachio'd Mr Pringles can porting of the existing KS14D/S/KS16B/S design.

Def getting a KS18S if that's the case. 

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Bleh<_< how disappointing if the redesigned KS18 is just another ball of spinning lights, mustachio'd Mr Pringles can porting of the existing KS14D/S/KS16B/S design.

Def getting a KS18S if that's the case. 

If they are consequent, and i guess KS is, they will go for a nearly same design as 14d/s, 16s......

as that seams to be their "product line" look! I know what you mean...i also dont like the bling bling LEd, but they can be put out...and the trolley design is the best i ever seen on an E-wheel! not seen...its functional as hell, works fantastic and i guess would be a bummer on a 18" also....

But we will see :-) lets get surprised by what they are doing...

I don't mind spinning lights; I just don't like how KingSong implemented them, turned on or off.

Looks a bit cheap and cheezy to me as opposed to the elegance of the Ninebot design.

If I had to buy a wheel now, the 18S is very tempting and would probably be my choice (or the ACM again?)! (Un)Luckily I already have my ACM, so the wallet is safe for now.

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

BUT: As i heard...they are in the designing process of molding a new shell....with all small parts...Led's, pads, trolley, new batterie sized packs/Bms/ Lights etc etc.....i would not exspect a new design Ks18 before september earliest/ end of the year....

An optimized shell certainly is nice. Looking forward to see it. The KS16 shell is quite old (right?) and already quite advanced, compared to other wheels, so the new one might be really neat.

Also, how are they going to name the new small18? Wondering how it will fit in their naming scheme.

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

I don't mind spinning lights; I just don't like how KingSong implemented them, turned on or off.

Looks a bit cheap and cheezy to me as opposed to the elegance of the Ninebot design.

Hmmh, on the last firmware 1.25 i have 3 different roll options of the Led lights...

Off- 

on, rolling in one color on the next round changing to another color

on, rolling in 3 or 4 different colors at the same time like the 14d

on, not rolling but going from up to down left and right in a certain rythm and changing colors....

Even looking much, much better on the 16s where the led plastics are more transparent.....

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Also, how are they going to name the new small18? Wondering how it will fit in their naming scheme.

good question? KS18S .....round....short....Ks18VS (very Sporty ;-) ).... who knows...... :)

• 2 weeks later...

@meepmeepmayer while i know what you mean with your post......that i can perhaps recommend a seller on aliexpress-

for the New Members i would like to repeat my signature: I am in no way connected to Kingsong company! or any other Seller!

best is to buy from reputated local sellers......the ali-express way can only be recommend if you know how to maintenance/repair a Wheel, or for real experienced wheelers..

So first adresses in Europe  would be for example

1radwerkstatt.de

Kingsong-france

electro-sport.de

or other european Kingsong sellers.

As far as know the wheel is to new....so they still dont have it in stock....

@Bambino

which email you tried on Kingsong?

Thanks for your help.

My inglish is not so god.

I have tried emails: info@szkingsong.com
tina@szkingsong.com

I am waiting for a reply, maybe they dont have in stock, i dont now...

meanwhile i will trie  the site that i see above...

Thanks for all, you are very nice.

43 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Thanks for your help.

My inglish is not so god.

I have tried emails: info@szkingsong.com
tina@szkingsong.com

I am waiting for a reply, maybe they dont have in stock, i dont now...

meanwhile i will trie  the site that i see above...

Thanks for all, you are very nice.

try

Diana@szkingsong.com

or 

flora@szkingsong.com

or

darren@szkingsong.com

As far as iknow portugal has no "exclusive" KS seller.....so they can send you a wheel from factory directly!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2017 at 2:43 PM, KingSong69 said:

If they are consequent, and i guess KS is, they will go for a nearly same design as 14d/s, 16s......

as that seams to be their "product line" look!

Unlike houseofjob, I like the KS 14d/s and 16 style. I don't hate the current 18 style, but I think it looks slightly odd because of being so tall. Overall I think matching the style of the 14d/s and 16 is a good idea because 1. it's a less "odd" form factor and 2. It's cool to have a consistent style throughout the product line. One of my favorite aspects of the KS style is the very integrated appearance of the trolley handle.

• 3 months later...
On 5/8/2017 at 3:37 AM, Diana@szkingsong.com said:

Top Speed: 40KM/h after unlock, set to 50km/h after riding 1000km ( Factory setting is 18km/h for first alarm, 19km/h for second alarm and 20km/h for tilt back)

Mileage:150-160KM

Maximum Gradibility:Around 30°

Battery:1680wh with featuring equilibrium, over-charge, over-discharge, over-current protection 

Operating Temperature :-10ºC/+60ºC

Max Load:150Kg

Charger:Input AC 80~240 V ,Output DC 67.2V,2A

Charging Time:14H

Rated Power:1500W

Max Power;3600W

Appearance of the weight 

Machine Size (mm):680mm(H) x465mm(L) X 190mm(Thickness)

Package Size (mm):760(H) x 500(L) X 220(mm)(Thickness)

Pedal distance from ground :130mm

Tire Size:18inch, Diameter 480mm

Net Weight:18KG

Body Interface Charging port:power on/off button, bluetooth on/off button, illuminating & braking lights,  Light Induction Port

Display Pannel :Colorful LED light

KS-18S.jpg

KS-18S W.jpg

When will the King Song app be ready for Apple app store?

Archived