Korean version of the ACM

Look at this interesting page sent to me by @Francesco Gulberti. I find it fascinating that Gotway provides more robust wheels to certain customers but doesn't deem it necessary to provide these basic improvements to everybody.

http://m.gevkorea.co.kr/goods/goods_view.php?goodsNo=1000000034

Thanks for the info Marty :)

I hope they'll provide to all of their customers the same improved units, I mean we all deserve safety and performance, especially if we pay the same price (or more), here in France we are one of the top countries for the EUC world, but they don't seem to have planned to give us these improved units, that's pretty much nonsense to me, and if they were to continue this way, we should perhaps give other brands an input to do what I hope gotway will do from now on.

Every customers should be seen as humans and not numbers, because this is still a growing market and a bad relation between the company & the customer is likely to get the company to close the doors in case of a bad press. (Gotway had a better press when the MCM2s & Msuper 2 came out then nowadays especially with the Msuper3 wire/cable issue)

But maybe, and I hope it, they'll provide us these improved units in a near future :)

I think it all boils down to order numbers.  If Korea is committed to ordering 1000 units at a time that is pretty compelling for any EUC company to make customizations to their product line.  France does appear to be up there in the early adoption of these EUCs, but they likely are ordering only a fraction of what Korea is.  For the US, the numbers probably aren't that high even adding up orders from all the dealers combined I'm guessing.

If Jason McNeil were to order 1000 units over say six months time, he likely would be able to have these tailor made to certain specifics.  There is also the possibility that France isn't negotiating as effectively as the Koreans for certain improvements.  Now that the cat is out of the bag on these units, most dealers will  likely will catch wind of them and request the same ones in future orders which Gotway shouldn't have an issue with since they are cranking them out in numbers anyways.  Or at least that's my take on things.  :innocent1:  It's the big fish that has the most influence in the pond.

If Jason, NevNutz, MyFunwheel, RidetheGlide and other US dealers were to get together to form a North American coalition of dealers, they might as a larger voice be able to influence changes and customizations.  I'm not sure how they would accomplish that, but many voices combined might be noticed more than a single one.

2 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

FYI, this was already covered on the forums already: 

Ooops :unsure:

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Look at this interesting page sent to me by @Francesco Gulberti. I find it fascinating that Gotway provides more robust wheels to certain customers but doesn't deem it necessary to provide these basic improvements to everybody.

http://m.gevkorea.co.kr/goods/goods_view.php?goodsNo=1000000034

Take a close look at the motors wires. How about that fan. Somebody at GW has been spying on me!:ph34r:

Just now, Rehab1 said:

Take a close look at the motors wires. How about that fan. Somebody at GW has been spying on me!:ph34r:

Yeah, I was worried that you'd see this and be pissed. They really have no concept of intellectual property rights :)

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I was worried that you'd see this and be pissed. They really have no concept of intellectual property rights :)

If KS reps frequent this forum and are listening to our concerns about their products then that is a major step in the right direction!:thumbup:

There is no Chinese version, etc. If you've been following Gotway's actions, they're not that organized and pre-meditated.

Like all Gotway buyers, Korea has been experiencing the same Gotway wiring and connector issues that we all have.

The only difference there is that Korean EUC distribution is centralized, and do significantly more business than single, one-off US distributors or the like, thus can demand their own fixes in exclusivity (guessing these fixes will at some point permeate to the regular line). 

And I emphasize fixes (listed in my original translated post); they didn't demand Gotway build them their own ground up rebuild of the ACM.

So, naturally, the same ACM with fixes will obviously be better, but don't expect some v3 ACM out of the GEVKorea version.

I find this video on point to the general problem.

I used to work for a company that made furniture in China, and we had the same problems referred to in the video.  Short-sighted thinking is extremely common there.  There are people who will blow all but guaranteed multi-million dollar deals that would quickly make them rich just so that they can pocket a few extra thousand dollars -- or less -- right now.

I have been studying the photos of the GEVKorea ACM. I'm wondering what the output v is at the socket where the fan is connected. I have been looking for an alternative power source for my fan. Currently this socket is not used for any of the ACM wiring harnesses.

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I have been studying the photos of the GEVKorea ACM. I'm wondering what the output v is at the socket where the fan is connected. I have been looking for an alternative power source for my fan. Currently this socket is not used for any of the ACM wiring harnesses.

Looks like you found your new power source. Surely you have a volt meter handy to measure that connection point.

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Looks like you found your new power source. Surely you have a volt meter handy to measure that connection point.

Agreed but I have decided to hold off on reconnecting the batteries to the main board until the new motor arrives. I am still uncertain what happened,

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Agreed but I have decided to hold off on reconnecting the batteries to the main board until the new motor arrives. I am still uncertain what happened,

BTW, when I look at the pictures of my Monster I see two wires going to the same connector. The Monster has two fans. This would imply that the firmware enables the power to these pins. Therefore when you power on your wheel those pins will probably show no voltage, but if you have a way (heat gun?) to heat up the board you can detect whether the ACM has the necessary firmware enabled. The Monster turns on the fans at ~41c.

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, when I look at the pictures of my Monster I see two wires going to the same connector. The Monster has two fans. This would imply that the firmware enables the power to these pins. Therefore when you power on your wheel those pins will probably show no voltage, but if you have a way (heat gun?) to heat up the board you can detect whether the ACM has the necessary firmware enabled. The Monster turns on the fans at ~41c.

Interesting! Are there any air intake vents? Do the fans have an exhaust vent?

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Interesting! Are there any air intake vents? Do the fans have an exhaust vent?

No visible vents. If they exist the vents must be facing the wheel, which is doubtful.

Archived