Marty Backe

Korean version of the ACM

37 posts in this topic

That does seem rather strange. 

 

Allen

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This not Segway but gevkorea company change and improve the cost is same no more 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info Marty :)

I hope they'll provide to all of their customers the same improved units, I mean we all deserve safety and performance, especially if we pay the same price (or more), here in France we are one of the top countries for the EUC world, but they don't seem to have planned to give us these improved units, that's pretty much nonsense to me, and if they were to continue this way, we should perhaps give other brands an input to do what I hope gotway will do from now on.

Every customers should be seen as humans and not numbers, because this is still a growing market and a bad relation between the company & the customer is likely to get the company to close the doors in case of a bad press. (Gotway had a better press when the MCM2s & Msuper 2 came out then nowadays especially with the Msuper3 wire/cable issue)

But maybe, and I hope it, they'll provide us these improved units in a near future :)

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, this was already covered on the forums already: 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

FYI, this was already covered on the forums already: 

 

Ooops :unsure:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Look at this interesting page sent to me by @Francesco Gulberti. I find it fascinating that Gotway provides more robust wheels to certain customers but doesn't deem it necessary to provide these basic improvements to everybody.

http://m.gevkorea.co.kr/goods/goods_view.php?goodsNo=1000000034

Take a close look at the motors wires. How about that fan. Somebody at GW has been spying on me!:ph34r:

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rehab1 said:

Take a close look at the motors wires. How about that fan. Somebody at GW has been spying on me!:ph34r:

Yeah, I was worried that you'd see this and be pissed. They really have no concept of intellectual property rights :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I was worried that you'd see this and be pissed. They really have no concept of intellectual property rights :)

If KS reps frequent this forum and are listening to our concerns about their products then that is a major step in the right direction!:thumbup:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway guys the Korean version is better than Chinese version, i mean more Reactivity more fast? What you think? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no Chinese version, etc. If you've been following Gotway's actions, they're not that organized and pre-meditated.

Like all Gotway buyers, Korea has been experiencing the same Gotway wiring and connector issues that we all have.

The only difference there is that Korean EUC distribution is centralized, and do significantly more business than single, one-off US distributors or the like, thus can demand their own fixes in exclusivity (guessing these fixes will at some point permeate to the regular line). 

And I emphasize fixes (listed in my original translated post); they didn't demand Gotway build them their own ground up rebuild of the ACM.

So, naturally, the same ACM with fixes will obviously be better, but don't expect some v3 ACM out of the GEVKorea version.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gotway is Chinese that's why i said Chinese version. But the Korean company i think they  improve it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was already linked and covered on the forum.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I find this video on point to the general problem.

I used to work for a company that made furniture in China, and we had the same problems referred to in the video.  Short-sighted thinking is extremely common there.  There are people who will blow all but guaranteed multi-million dollar deals that would quickly make them rich just so that they can pocket a few extra thousand dollars -- or less -- right now.

Edited by Dingfelder
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

That video sums things up pretty well in a nutshell and explains some cultural differences.  In Japan it took US influence to get the ball rolling on improvements in quality.  Here's some interesting reading:

http://www.wtec.org/loyola/ep/c6s1.htm

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been studying the photos of the GEVKorea ACM. I'm wondering what the output v is at the socket where the fan is connected. I have been looking for an alternative power source for my fan. Currently this socket is not used for any of the ACM wiring harnesses.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I have been studying the photos of the GEVKorea ACM. I'm wondering what the output v is at the socket where the fan is connected. I have been looking for an alternative power source for my fan. Currently this socket is not used for any of the ACM wiring harnesses.

 

Looks like you found your new power source. Surely you have a volt meter handy to measure that connection point.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Looks like you found your new power source. Surely you have a volt meter handy to measure that connection point.

Agreed but I have decided to hold off on reconnecting the batteries to the main board until the new motor arrives. I am still uncertain what happened,

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Agreed but I have decided to hold off on reconnecting the batteries to the main board until the new motor arrives. I am still uncertain what happened,

BTW, when I look at the pictures of my Monster I see two wires going to the same connector. The Monster has two fans. This would imply that the firmware enables the power to these pins. Therefore when you power on your wheel those pins will probably show no voltage, but if you have a way (heat gun?) to heat up the board you can detect whether the ACM has the necessary firmware enabled. The Monster turns on the fans at ~41c.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, when I look at the pictures of my Monster I see two wires going to the same connector. The Monster has two fans. This would imply that the firmware enables the power to these pins. Therefore when you power on your wheel those pins will probably show no voltage, but if you have a way (heat gun?) to heat up the board you can detect whether the ACM has the necessary firmware enabled. The Monster turns on the fans at ~41c.

Interesting! Are there any air intake vents? Do the fans have an exhaust vent?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Interesting! Are there any air intake vents? Do the fans have an exhaust vent?

No visible vents. If they exist the vents must be facing the wheel, which is doubtful.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 09/05/2017 at 3:33 AM, Marty Backe said:

Looks like you found your new power source. Surely you have a volt meter handy to measure that connection point.

 the Korean fan start a 35 celcius, 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now