Help . ACM motherboard . Does anyone know what is this?

Luiz

It is an ACM and there is a picture of an ACM on the box , i dont get the MCM 4 on the sticker aswell . The stamp probably say GW quality control pass . We may get away with this shit .?

To be honest Luiz, when you zoom in meepmeepmayer photo and swivel it the only bit that seems to be mississing is the yellow separator between the boards. There is definitely a secondary board on top of the main board on his as well!

20170507_172230.jpg

21 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I have a 84V ACM, produced less than a month ago, and it has a regular board. For a picture, see here.

Not sure what's going on there.

The ACM 680, 840, 1300 and 1600 boards are all the same. 

1 hour ago, Gimlet said:

To be honest Luiz, when you zoom in meepmeepmayer photo and swivel it the only bit that seems to be mississing is the yellow separator between the boards. There is definitely a secondary board on top of the main board on his as well!

20170507_172230.jpg

Sorry but there is no piggyback secondary board sitting onto of the main board. There is also no yellow plastic shield that separates the board from the heat sink. The board is elevated by spacers to avoid contact. 

You almost got me to open the wheel. Almost:pooping:

I'm still 99,99% sure there is just one PCB. I checked my high res photos (and would upload them but the usual image host isn't working) and while I can understand how it can look like there's two boards (that white line) there really aren't (though I admit, it does look a bit like it).

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

The ACM 680, 840, 1300 and 1600 boards are all the same. 

You mean form factor? There is a difference between 67V and 84V, right?

44 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You almost got me to open the wheel. Almost:pooping:

I'm still 99,99% sure there is just one PCB. I checked my high res photos (and would upload them but the usual image host isn't working) and while I can understand how it can look like there's two boards (that white line) there really aren't (though I admit, it does look a bit like it).

You mean form factor? There is a difference between 67V and 84V, right?

They do not make an 84v for the 680 or 840 that I am aware of so the same board works for all 4 of the models.

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

They do not make an 84v for the 680 or 840 that I am aware of so the same board works for all 4 of the models.

I must say, this is a very confusing sentence :unsure:

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I must say, this is a very confusing sentence :unsure:

I was wrong on the control board. Let me clarify:

We know the 1300wh and 1600wh are running an 84v battery system, the 680wh and 820wh a 67v system. All 4 models do feed into the same 1500w motor but the control board Is different for 1300wh and 1600wh versions to match the 84v requirement.

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

I was wrong on the control board. Let me clarify:

We know the 1300wh and 1600wh are running an 84v battery system, the 680wh and 820wh a 67v system. All 4 models do feed into the same 1500w motor but the control board Is different for 1300wh and 1600wh versions to match the 84v requirement.

You just added clarity to the subject :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all.

Just an update on my defective  ACM purchased from Amazon UK.

I  returned the unicycle and they received it yesterday  . The guy on ibo store has ben responsive so far . Lets see how long it will take for them  to send me a replacement . I hope this one will be ok . I did request them to inspect the ACM before sending it . Fingers crossed  . 

• 1 month later...

Hi .

I returned the defective ACM and got the refund with no problems.

Today i bought an Msuper V3 820 for my wife and an ACM V2 820 for me with Yorkshire Airwheels.

I was very fortunate with the Msuper V2 that i bought from them 2 years ago . I had no fails or falls and this wheel has been very reliable.  

I hope gotway have finaly sorted out all the problems in this batch. 

Fingers crossed

I have one of the first acms (may 2016 md). There were only 680 and 840 in existense. First controller (v2 i think) with 6 mosfets blew off after 40 km. Secondary's still working after 2000km. It have 12 fets.Controller boards were exactly like the one on picture, both perfectly new. Except of course quantity of mosfets for the first one.

Thanks . I returned the wheel because of the defective front  light and i bought an 820 w acm on yorkshire airwheels . The board on this one do not have this raised secondary board with a yellow mat underneath.

Archived