stevedig

Gotway charger cross compatibility?

stevedig    6

Given the Monster and MSuper V3S are both 84v, could you take a 5a charger bought for the Monster and charge the MSuper with it? 1300wh? 1600wh? 

or the ACM 84v 1300/1600?

esaj    5,297

I don't know if there are any "standards" for the charger pinout, but I'd expect the chargers to be compatible at least across the same manufacturers' models (as long as the voltage is the same). To be on the safe side, I'd still measure that the polarity of the pins matches between the chargers with a multimeter... Do Gotway BMSs have reverse polarity protection?

I used an old 4A Gotway-charger (67V) with my Firewheel on occasion, at least there the pinout was the same, but maybe things have changed.

Edited by esaj

Marty Backe    6,312

As someone who owns multiple 84v and 67v models, the chargers are identical for each voltage type wheel. And the 67v KingSong chargers also work fine with the Gotway wheels (and vice versa). Even my cheapo generic wheel shares the same 67v charger type. So I have closet full of chargers that I reach into and grab whatever my hand touches and plug it in.

Scully    323

I'm the other way Marty, 
I have 2 Gotways and 2 Ninebots - all with different chargers. 

Plus I have one 4 pin Gotway fast charger.... Making 5 chargers in total.

Thats one big mess of chargers.... I guess I can fix it by getting an ACM and a Monster, then off loading the Ninebots and the MSuper 820. 
Sounds expensive.... Think I'll just stick with the multi-charger option.

• Upvote 1

Marty Backe    6,312
12 minutes ago, Scully said:

I'm the other way Marty, 
I have 2 Gotways and 2 Ninebots - all with different chargers. 

Plus I have one 4 pin Gotway fast charger.... Making 5 chargers in total.

Thats one big mess of chargers.... I guess I can fix it by getting an ACM and a Monster, then off loading the Ninebots and the MSuper 820. 
Sounds expensive.... Think I'll just stick with the multi-charger option.

:)

Specifically I have three 67v chargers (one of which is a fast charger) which are all interchangeable with my Gotway and KingSong and Generic 67v wheels. And then I have two 84v chargers for my ACM & Monster which are obviously compatible. So all I have to worry (an exaggerated word in this case) is am I grabbing a 3-pin or 4-pin charger. 

It's interesting that your 2 Ninebots have incompatible chargers, or did I misread what you wrote?

• Upvote 1

Scully    323

That is right - but one is a mini pro - so I guess that explains it.

• Upvote 1

Marty Backe    6,312
1 minute ago, Scully said:

That is right - but one is a mini pro - so I guess that explains it.

Ah, I see.

Now that Gotway is making electric skateboards I wonder if they are sticking with their existing chargers or doing something different like Ninebot did.

• Upvote 1