43 posts in this topic

hey javier - whadda ya know? i live in arlington, too ;) i'm also your height and approx. weight, oddly enough - although my shoe size is 13. i am also an euc noob, so i don't have the experience that would let me recommend one wheel over another based on their merits. however, i recently obtained one of the next-gen msuper v3 (monday) and i will say that the casing is now like that of the acm, rubberized and definitely not flimsy. i've traversed a couple of hills so far - no problems! in addition, i believe the wheel was set to 'leisure', the lowest setting!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome :)

If you are hoping for 50 or + miles then you are looking at an ACM or MSuper V3s+ both 84v with 1600wh battery. If it's mostly pavements, cycle lanes and light off road (gravel etc) then the ACM will be better as it's slightly smaller, lighter and more maneuverable than the 18" MSuper. If you fancy a little rougher offroad then the ACM may still be ok but the more open wheel of the MSuper will be better suited. Either way you need a big battery for many miles and the bigger battery Gotway options tend to be 84v.

I don't have any experience with and haven't looked into the Inmotion so can't advise there sorry. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I personaly use my EUC to go to see business clients, from my house or elswhere, without taking either a car or a public transport. I also use it to go to the store and much more. It is very efficient, berely cost anything after the purchase.

I would say, if your only goal is to go to see a client with your EUC, and going from point A to B, but that you need a solid 50+ miles EUC, I would say the only EUC that suits your need is the Gotway Monster 2400Wh. It's not a very good starting EUC, nor is it the most practical, but it's simply the only one that has the range you demand, regarding your weight (considering it's a flat terrain).

I would never recommend the Monster as the only EUC, you would probably need a cheap small "14" generic EUC to learn on before hping on the Monster, learning can take anywhere from 30 minutes to several days average, I would say, considering you're probably young, you can master the basics in a few hours, but experience comes only with hundreds of miles of riding.

If you don't need 50+ miles of range, and you can go with 40 for example, then I would recommend either the ACMs+ or Msuper3s+, if you go with the ACM, you will probably need a trolley handle, the Msuper3 has an integrated one. I've ridden both of them, I wouldn't say one is better than another, the ACM os more agile, it also feels more powerful during accelerations (due to the smaller diameter wheel) but the Msuper3 feels more stable at speeds, and it's a little more comfy, both are fine wheels, the ACM shell is a little more robust, and the pedals are swapable.

The V5F & V8 won't get you anywhere near the 50+ miles range, the V8 will berely get you 20 miles with your weight (in regular conditions), the V5F even less, but they are very good EUC.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, kour said:

hey javier - whadda ya know? i live in arlington, too ;) i'm also your height and approx. weight, oddly enough - although my shoe size is 13. i am also an euc noob, so i don't have the experience that would let me recommend one wheel over another based on their merits. however, i recently obtained one of the next-gen msuper v3 (monday) and i will say that the casing is now like that of the acm, rubberized and definitely not flimsy. i've traversed a couple of hills so far - no problems! in addition, i believe the wheel was set to 'leisure', the lowest setting!

If/when I upgrade my MSuper I'm looking forward to having the new rubberized plastic shell. Hey, does it still have that red pinstrip detailing that Javier dislikes (I think it looks OK)?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

If/when I upgrade my MSuper I'm looking forward to having the new rubberized plastic shell. Hey, does it still have that red pinstrip detailing that Javier dislikes (I think it looks OK)?

The MSuper V3s+ doesn't look to have the red stripe... As seen at Speedy Feet

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

Hi,

I personaly use my EUC to go to see business clients, from my house or elswhere, without taking either a car or a public transport. I also use it to go to the store and much more. It is very efficient, berely cost anything after the purchase.

I would say, if your only goal is to go to see a client with your EUC, and going from point A to B, but that you need a solid 50+ miles EUC, I would say the only EUC that suits your need is the Gotway Monster 2400Wh. It's not a very good starting EUC, nor is it the most practical, but it's simply the only one that has the range you demand, regarding your weight (considering it's a flat terrain).

I would never recommend the Monster as the only EUC, you would probably need a cheap small "14" generic EUC to learn on before hping on the Monster, learning can take anywhere from 30 minutes to several days average, I would say, considering you're probably young, you can master the basics in a few hours, but experience comes only with hundreds of miles of riding.

If you don't need 50+ miles of range, and you can go with 40 for example, then I would recommend either the ACMs+ or Msuper3s+, if you go with the ACM, you will probably need a trolley handle, the Msuper3 has an integrated one. I've ridden both of them, I wouldn't say one is better than another, the ACM os more agile, it also feels more powerful during accelerations (due to the smaller diameter wheel) but the Msuper3 feels more stable at speeds, and it's a little more comfy, both are fine wheels, the ACM shell is a little more robust, and the pedals are swapable.

The V5F & V8 won't get you anywhere near the 50+ miles range, the V8 will berely get you 20 miles with your weight (in regular conditions), the V5F even less, but they are very good EUC.

I have to slightly disagree regards the range. My riding weight is 170 pounds and I get a solid 45 miles (with another 5 in the slow lane) on my 1300wh ACM. I bet Javier could get close to the 50 mile range with the 1600wh MSuper.

Another thing to keep in mind Javier is that if you're pet sitting your wheel can be charging at the same. So you probably don't need a full 50 mile range on a single charge?

I still think the MSuper may be a better fit for your body. Ultimately you can't go wrong with either wheel. But as @Pingouin says, don't consider the Monster until you've owned and ridden a more 'normal' wheel first.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Javier Pereira said:

Hello everybody!

I was recently introduced to the forum by @Marty Backe through his you tube channel (thank you!) and I've been reading posts like crazy :D.

<snip>

Welcome to the club :cheers:

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I have to slightly disagree regards the range. My riding weight is 170 pounds and I get a solid 45 miles (with another 5 in the slow lane) on my 1300wh ACM. I bet Javier could get close to the 50 mile range with the 1600wh MSuper.

Another thing to keep in mind Javier is that if you're pet sitting your wheel can be charging at the same. So you probably don't need a full 50 mile range on a single charge?

I still think the MSuper may be a better fit for your body. Ultimately you can't go wrong with either wheel. But as @Pingouin says, don't consider the Monster until you've owned and ridden a more 'normal' wheel first.

Hi,

Yes, you are right. I get about 50+ miles with my ACM 1300Wh but I'm very light. I have a friend who weights 87kg and who gets 37 miles on the 1600Wh ACM. I based my reflexion on what Ian from speedyfeet gave us, a hard riding, that's what can be expected when using the EUC to go in a city from point A to B rather than having a blast oustide for fun. I also consider that, if Javier rides 5 times a week 50+ miles, ina year his battery will loose a little range, so it's good I think to have a slight margin.

I guess that if Javier does the same as I do, asking to recharge your EUC when trying to do some business is not very good, so better have the range :)

You are absolutely right, the Monster is not the most crash proof EUC out there, so learning on it is likely to require a replacement shell afterwards that would probably cost more than a generic learning EUC :D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If/when I upgrade my MSuper I'm looking forward to having the new rubberized plastic shell. Hey, does it still have that red pinstrip detailing that Javier dislikes (I think it looks OK)?

 

16 minutes ago, TremF said:

The MSuper V3s+ doesn't look to have the red stripe... As seen at Speedy Feet

 

weird! mine does have the pinstripe and the bluish 'pedal-pads' (if that's what they're called...) - will post a picture/pictures later!

also, i forgot to mention mine is the 820

Edited by kour
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I was accidentally sent a MSuper 3 1600 and I would never consider this as my first wheel not as a wheel that is easy to trolley around. It strikes me as a wheel for an enthusiast and is impractical as a portable transportation device.

On the other hand the vf5+ is not a very safe wheel due to its small diameter wheel getting stuck in small holes (dumped it twice in the past day) so it is more of a learning and trick wheel. At least that's how I see it.

I'd go with the Inmotion V8 but aren't there King Songs that are 16 inches with like twice the range of the V8?

Also, using public transportation along with a wheel has got to be the fastest way of getting around in a city when you also include searching for parking. I do this often whereby I use the wheel to get me to a metro, then afterwards use the wheel to cover the last mile or two.

Using wheels this way is truly game-changing. 

Edited by LanghamP
Extra information.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What vendor accidentally sent the Msuper? 

 

I want to use them for my next wheel :D

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

I was accidentally sent a MSuper 3 1600 and I would never consider this as my first wheel not as a wheel that is easy to trolley around. It strikes me as a wheel for an enthusiast and is impractical as a portable transportation device.

On the other hand the vf5+ is not a very safe wheel due to its small diameter wheel getting stuck in small holes (dumped it twice in the past day) so it is more of a learning and trick wheel. At least that's how I see it.

I'd go with the Inmotion V8 but aren't there King Songs that are 16 inches with like twice the range of the V8?

Also, using public transportation along with a wheel has got to be the fastest way of getting around in a city when you also include searching for parking. I do this often whereby I use the wheel to get me to a metro, then afterwards use the wheel to cover the last mile or two.

Using wheels this way is truly game-changing. 

This is why you (@Javier Pereira) will never get a consensus on the best wheel to purchase. I think the MSuper might be a great first wheel, and I trolley mine around inside stores without difficulty. Again, for a 6'4" guy I think it's a good fit. And the MSuper is more stable than the smaller wheels, so in my opinion it would be easier to learn on than any other wheel mentioned. But that's just my opinion.

Avoid the V8 like the plague. With your weight and anticipated weight you'll be lucky if you get 15 miles on it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1. EUCs are certainly very efficient, especially if you charge them at your clients;) (see 3.) Whether they are good for you, you have to know.

2. Give yourself a week (this includes down time for your brain to learn), and you can ride (not experienced, but you can ride).

3. For your battery demands, you choices are Gotway wheels or the KS18. The Inmotions' batteries aren't nearly big enough, forget those. Also consider that 100% to 20% battery is your operating range, below 20% you must slow down/the wheel will be in restricted mode, so the last 20% are more of a reserve.

So:

  • Gotway: ACM (16 inch) comes in 1300 or 1600 Wh
  • Gotway: msuper V3 (18 inch) 1300 or 1600 Wh
  • Gotway: Monster (22 inch, heavy) 1600 or 2400 Wh
  • Kingsong: Kingsong 18 (e.g. KS18AY) (18 inch) comes in 1680 Wh and some smaller sizes
  • Kingsong: possibly even the KS16 (16 inch), 840 Wh, see below

I do not agree that the Monster is the only one with enough batteries. But I would not recommend it for a beginner. Not only is the Monster expensive and very heavy, probably you won't be going the 50 miles in one go - which is like 2-3h of riding in one go, not efficient when you need to get to a job, it's like going 50 miles with a bicycle as a vehicle of choice for that, who does that? - so you don't need extreme battery sizes.

Instead, get a fast charger and charge your wheel while you are doing your thing. E.g. Gotways, a 5A charger (default charger is 1.5A) will charge a 1600Wh battery in roughly 4h, So 1h already gives you 25% battery back. Which isn't bad and might be enough to keep your wheel topped up during your day (you can roughly say for every hour you charge with a fast charger, you can ride for an hour or a bit more). Maybe, maybe even a smaller battery Kingsong 16 is big enough if you only do shorter hops and use a fast charger in between. What is the realistic maximum length of a ride before you have a longer stop where you can recharge?

As for size, for serious use/long term(and if you are heavier, you're going to carry a bag or something) I think bigger tire is better, just more stable and comfortable with potholes etc. [This is why a non-beginner should consider the monster, simply for maximum comfort]. In comparison, the 16 inch wheels are much smaller and if the KS16 works out for you, it is wonderfully manageable in the Subway etc. so that's the other end of the spectrum (size, weight).

I'd go for msuper V3 or KS18, the KS18 has better lights (worth considering for regular city use) and is taller which makes it easier to push, while the msuper has the built in handle and is smaller to manage in the Subway etc.

But you really should look at the 3-5 options and think which one feels best for what you think you'll do.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Javier Pereira said:

Hello everybody!

I was recently introduced to the forum by @Marty Backe through his you tube channel (thank you!) and I've been reading posts like crazy :D.

A little bit of background about me. I live in Arlington, VA (about 15 min away from Washington DC) and I'm a college student and a business owner of a pet sitting company (https://www.idogdc.com/). I'm interest in finding a more efficient way to move a lot around the city from house to house for work than a car and to combine/substitute it with the metro (subway) as its not very reliable and moving through the city by car and finding parking can be a nightmare.

1. Do you think this is the most efficient way to travel around the city from client to client without having to require a car and the hassles that come with owning one?? (gas, insurance, parking, tickets...)

2. How long did it take you to learn how to ride it?

I'm a pretty thin but tall guy at around 6'4" and even though I only weight 180 lbs (approx. 80 kg) I'm looking to bulk up and start eating a bit more healthy after I'm done with school and I'm aiming for the 190 - 200 lbs mark, so the more power the better (I'm looking for something 50 or + miles). My shoe size is a 11-12 so again the bigger pedals the better.

I narrowed my initial search to the V5F+, V8, ACM and the MSuper V3.  First impressions are that the Gotway products look a bit more rigid overall without that flimsy plastic in the body and pedals of the Inmotion that even though I looks nice seems to be a scratch magnet (correct me if I'm wrong).  Between the ACM and the MSuper V3 I'm pretty undecided. On one hand the "extra" wheel of the MSuper looks like would be more comfortable and better with pod wholes and in a straight line but its not necessary for moving around the city. The bigger wheel also adds extra weight (don't mind it much) and limits the maneuverability that seen to be better on the ACM, although the built in trolley for the MSuper is a plus! The bigger pedals are a big positive in the MSuper. The ACM body seems to be better against scratches and in my opinion is more visually appealing, that being said how easy is to paint them, specially the horrible red accents on the MSuper? I've seeing videos and the mods and paint jobs of some members but I'm not sure how different it would be for each unicyle.

3. Which one rides better and which one would you recommend me to best fit my needs?@Carlos E Rodriguez  and a lot of people recommended the ACM in a previous post (copied here as well) and I know @Marty Backe loves his ACM but he recommended the MSuper for me, thoughs?

Thank you in advance guys!!!

Your are a big guy so it makes it tough. The ACM with 84volts is the most versatile wheel. 

For what you need I don't see any other. Going bigger then you have to lose portability. I think 16 inch is the sweet spot. They have range, handle road cracks better than 14?inch. 

I like the V8,ACM,kingsong16s,

for your size pick the one that has the highest power and strongest pedals. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pingouin said:

Hi,

I personaly use my EUC to go to see business clients, from my house or elswhere, without taking either a car or a public transport. I also use it to go to the store and much more. It is very efficient, berely cost anything after the purchase.

I would say, if your only goal is to go to see a client with your EUC, and going from point A to B, but that you need a solid 50+ miles EUC, I would say the only EUC that suits your need is the Gotway Monster 2400Wh. It's not a very good starting EUC, nor is it the most practical, but it's simply the only one that has the range you demand, regarding your weight (considering it's a flat terrain).

I would never recommend the Monster as the only EUC, you would probably need a cheap small "14" generic EUC to learn on before hping on the Monster, learning can take anywhere from 30 minutes to several days average, I would say, considering you're probably young, you can master the basics in a few hours, but experience comes only with hundreds of miles of riding.

If you don't need 50+ miles of range, and you can go with 40 for example, then I would recommend either the ACMs+ or Msuper3s+, if you go with the ACM, you will probably need a trolley handle, the Msuper3 has an integrated one. I've ridden both of them, I wouldn't say one is better than another, the ACM os more agile, it also feels more powerful during accelerations (due to the smaller diameter wheel) but the Msuper3 feels more stable at speeds, and it's a little more comfy, both are fine wheels, the ACM shell is a little more robust, and the pedals are swapable.

The V5F & V8 won't get you anywhere near the 50+ miles range, the V8 will berely get you 20 miles with your weight (in regular conditions), the V5F even less, but they are very good EUC.

Hello,

Thank you for the recommendations! I edit the mile range for around 50, I realized a was a bit exaggerated. That being said the reason why I initially said plus 50 was because the ACM and the MSuper are advertise to get between 45 - 75 so I wanted to know if there were any other brands and models that would get around that as well. I guess millage varies depending on speed and weight , wind, etc In your experience how many do you normally get?

They told me before they were swapable feature between them but wouldn't you limit the ACM's turn angel and maneuverability since you would be putting larger pedals in a smaller wheel that is closer to the ground?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, kour said:

hey javier - whadda ya know? i live in arlington, too ;) i'm also your height and approx. weight, oddly enough - although my shoe size is 13. i am also an euc noob, so i don't have the experience that would let me recommend one wheel over another based on their merits. however, i recently obtained one of the next-gen msuper v3 (monday) and i will say that the casing is now like that of the acm, rubberized and definitely not flimsy. i've traversed a couple of hills so far - no problems! in addition, i believe the wheel was set to 'leisure', the lowest setting!

Hey NICE man! We should totally meet up or something! I live near ballston metro (4200 N. Carlin Springs Rd.) What about you?

Where did you buy it from? Do you recommend the seller?

Thanks for the aesthetic update of the MSuper!

Edited by Javier Pereira
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I have to slightly disagree regards the range. My riding weight is 170 pounds and I get a solid 45 miles (with another 5 in the slow lane) on my 1300wh ACM. I bet Javier could get close to the 50 mile range with the 1600wh MSuper.

Another thing to keep in mind Javier is that if you're pet sitting your wheel can be charging at the same. So you probably don't need a full 50 mile range on a single charge?

I still think the MSuper may be a better fit for your body. Ultimately you can't go wrong with either wheel. But as @Pingouin says, don't consider the Monster until you've owned and ridden a more 'normal' wheel first.

Hey. Thanks again for the follow up! I do agree with your opinion in regards to the Monster.

I though about having the option of charging it while I look after the dog while I was writing the post as well. How much 'juice' could you add in 30 min? The only down side with that is that I would need to carry a bag right, since the charger is too big to fit into a pocket?

Do you do anything special for the get to that range? I mean they are advertised to get 45 - 75 depending on battery size and model (ACM or MSuper)

And were do you recommend that I get any unicycle from to pay in dollars and ship to DC?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:D I really appreciate all of the though you put into the recommendation but I do agree with @Marty Backe and your response in regards to the Monster... its a bit god tier for me :o.

That being said I agree that its better to be safe and that the battery might start loosing its power after a year or so. Hopefully by then the will release one with a 'tesla' battery :P!

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I was accidentally sent a MSuper 3 1600 and I would never consider this as my first wheel not as a wheel that is easy to trolley around. It strikes me as a wheel for an enthusiast and is impractical as a portable transportation device.

On the other hand the vf5+ is not a very safe wheel due to its small diameter wheel getting stuck in small holes (dumped it twice in the past day) so it is more of a learning and trick wheel. At least that's how I see it.

I'd go with the Inmotion V8 but aren't there King Songs that are 16 inches with like twice the range of the V8?

Also, using public transportation along with a wheel has got to be the fastest way of getting around in a city when you also include searching for parking. I do this often whereby I use the wheel to get me to a metro, then afterwards use the wheel to cover the last mile or two.

Using wheels this way is truly game-changing. 

Yes that game-changing is what I'm looking for. Why is the MSuper so difficult? I like challenges B).

Let me know if you find out which King Song are you referring to :)

Edited by Javier Pereira
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This is why you (@Javier Pereira) will never get a consensus on the best wheel to purchase. I think the MSuper might be a great first wheel, and I trolley mine around inside stores without difficulty. Again, for a 6'4" guy I think it's a good fit. And the MSuper is more stable than the smaller wheels, so in my opinion it would be easier to learn on than any other wheel mentioned. But that's just my opinion.

Avoid the V8 like the plague. With your weight and anticipated weight you'll be lucky if you get 15 miles on it.

:cheers:   :thumbup: Jesus yeah I'll definitely avoide the V8 hahaha. I do agree with your reasoning. I like challenges and I'm still young so I'll learn it fast. 

How would you describe the feel? From the outside it looks like its a mix of biking and skiing.

And what seller do you recommend? (sorry if I repeat myselft. I'm not sure If I asked you this to your or somebody else)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

1. EUCs are certainly very efficient, especially if you charge them at your clients;) (see 3.) Whether they are good for you, you have to know.

2. Give yourself a week (this includes down time for your brain to learn), and you can ride (not experienced, but you can ride).

3. For your battery demands, you choices are Gotway wheels or the KS18. The Inmotions' batteries aren't nearly big enough, forget those. Also consider that 100% to 20% battery is your operating range, below 20% you must slow down/the wheel will be in restricted mode, so the last 20% are more of a reserve.

So:

  • Gotway: ACM (16 inch) comes in 1300 or 1600 Wh
  • Gotway: msuper V3 (18 inch) 1300 or 1600 Wh
  • Gotway: Monster (22 inch, heavy) 1600 or 2400 Wh
  • Kingsong: Kingsong 18 (e.g. KS18AY) (18 inch) comes in 1680 Wh and some smaller sizes
  • Kingsong: possibly even the KS16 (16 inch), 840 Wh, see below

I do not agree that the Monster is the only one with enough batteries. But I would not recommend it for a beginner. Not only is the Monster expensive and very heavy, probably you won't be going the 50 miles in one go - which is like 2-3h of riding in one go, not efficient when you need to get to a job, it's like going 50 miles with a bicycle as a vehicle of choice for that, who does that? - so you don't need extreme battery sizes.

Instead, get a fast charger and charge your wheel while you are doing your thing. E.g. Gotways, a 5A charger (default charger is 1.5A) will charge a 1600Wh battery in roughly 4h, So 1h already gives you 25% battery back. Which isn't bad and might be enough to keep your wheel topped up during your day (you can roughly say for every hour you charge with a fast charger, you can ride for an hour or a bit more). Maybe, maybe even a smaller battery Kingsong 16 is big enough if you only do shorter hops and use a fast charger in between. What is the realistic maximum length of a ride before you have a longer stop where you can recharge?

As for size, for serious use/long term(and if you are heavier, you're going to carry a bag or something) I think bigger tire is better, just more stable and comfortable with potholes etc. [This is why a non-beginner should consider the monster, simply for maximum comfort]. In comparison, the 16 inch wheels are much smaller and if the KS16 works out for you, it is wonderfully manageable in the Subway etc. so that's the other end of the spectrum (size, weight).

I'd go for msuper V3 or KS18, the KS18 has better lights (worth considering for regular city use) and is taller which makes it easier to push, while the msuper has the built in handle and is smaller to manage in the Subway etc.

But you really should look at the 3-5 options and think which one feels best for what you think you'll do.

Hey man I really appreciate your comment. I definitely don't want the monster. It looks a bit too much to move around the city.

I normally stop 15-35 min at the clients homes depending on the service. How much do you think that would give me? My only concern with this is if it the short fast charging will break the battery sooner? I don't mind carrying a bag pack at all but if I can avoid it its definitely a plus.

In regards to the range I've updated it to around 50 because I realized it was a bit exaggerated. That being said, the reason why I initially said plus 50 was because the ACM and the MSuper are advertise to get between 45 - 75 so I wanted to know if there were any other brands and models that would get around that as well ,like the KS18 for example (I'll look into it). Realistically I don't think I'll travel more than 5 miles without stopping at a clients house but if I do it wouldn't be often. One of the reasons for the extra millage is for the benefit of the company, let me explain. Me and my sitters currently move around with cars from house to house. However, its difficult finding more people that want to do this kind of business and live in a central area instead of in the suburbs. I don't have anything against them but being far away from the city makes us less efficient and less appeal to some clients. So my though was to dominate this and implement unicycles as the transportation method  in the company. In that way future hires could have more fun, save all the money they would spend in a car and put it towards the hire rent (other stuff if they have extra) in the city. Sitter win because they could take more assignments and make more money while the company also gets to have its personnel in strategic areas for further growth and development. We still have some clients that are a bit further than others so if we want to substitute the cars completely we might need that extra millage. Makes sense now?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everybody for the quick responses this community is unbelievable! I'm going to look at the KS18 like @meepmeepmayer recommends and go from there. With the last update from my neighbor @kour on the updated rubbery case of the MSuper I think the MSuper is pulling ahead from the ACM. If I make this choice I would definitely sacrifice some versatility due to the bigger machine but gain comfort and a bit more security to move a guy like me around like @Marty Backe suggests. Now comes the big question which seller do you guys recommend?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Just bought my monster from Jason at ewheels and he is very knowledgeable with his products . He has a good reputation for after the sales care also. Thought I might be making a mistake buying a monster for my second wheel , but he assured me I would adjust to the size with my previous experience in riding and I am adjusting very well as he claimed. LOVING MY NEW MONSTER!!!! just giving my experience with jason so far. Also forgot to add that the monster is not a wheel for the beginner. I wish gotway would make their cases from polycarbonate as it seems to be the toughest impact resistant plastic. In my opinion the acm 1600 sounds like the best beginner wheel for you but Ive never rode a msuper . One thing the larger wheels have more comfort for long distance riding and tend not to eject you over rougher terrain.

Edited by Steve Persona
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Javier Pereira said:

Hello,

Thank you for the recommendations! I edit the mile range for around 50, I realized a was a bit exaggerated. That being said the reason why I initially said plus 50 was because the ACM and the MSuper are advertise to get between 45 - 75 so I wanted to know if there were any other brands and models that would get around that as well. I guess millage varies depending on speed and weight , wind, etc In your experience how many do you normally get?

They told me before they were swapable feature between them but wouldn't you limit the ACM's turn angel and maneuverability since you would be putting larger pedals in a smaller wheel that is closer to the ground?

I normaly get 50 miles out of my ACM 1300Wh at an average speed of 18kph but I weight 60kg. I think that regarding what you said, the best wheel for you would be either the Msuper3s+ 1600Wh or the ACMs+ 1600Wh, they would give you about the same range, the Msuper3 being more comfy and stable and the ACM being more agile and powerful (due to smaller diameter wheel).

Another thing to consider, the ACM is a little cheaper than the Msuper, and it is a better hill climber, but that's not very important if you ride on flat streets. Honestly, I've tested both, I own the ACM 1300Wh, if you want to go at higher speeds (35kph+) most of the time, then the Msuper3 is better because I don't feel like the ACM is very stable at speeds above 35kph (that's why I got the Monster), but if you're often encountering pedestrians all over the place, the ACM is easier to manoeuver.

You decide ^^

Putting the Msuper pedals on the ACM is not an issue at all, they are longer than the ACM, but not wider, so they wouldn't be closer to the ground.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now