Simple DIY Carry handle for MiniPro

20 minutes ago, Ozpeter said:

Looks good, but is that part of the MP supposed to be able to take the full weight at that angle, I wonder?

I think so because the MP is designed to be lifted and carried by the knee bar. And the kneebar is attached to the steering column that my handle goes over.  So I'm still carrying it by the steering column only without the knee bar attached. 

• Upvote 1

I found an even better option that's the same but will be more comfortable.  This is the handle of a cheap ($3) elastic resistance band. If the plastic was removed and the two strap ends sewn together this would give the same result, but with a fatter, padded handle. 

IMG_7422.JPG

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2017 at 7:45 AM, RooMiniPro said:

I found an even better option that's the same but will be more comfortable.  This is the handle of a cheap ($3) elastic resistance band. If the plastic was removed and the two strap ends sewn together this would give the same result, but with a fatter, padded handle. 

IMG_7422.JPG

Brilliant idea.

I did exactly this for both of my MiniPros.

With a cover, the handle sticks through the opening for easy transport.

Lifting for stairs is very convenient and one handed.

Quick,easy and comfortable.

Thanks for a great idea and solution.

• Upvote 1

On 7/28/2017 at 4:36 AM, Rocky Romero said:

Brilliant idea.

I did exactly this for both of my MiniPros.

With a cover, the handle sticks through the opening for easy transport.

Lifting for stairs is very convenient and one handed.

Quick,easy and comfortable.

Thanks for a great idea and solution.

It's like working out ? ?

On 5/4/2017 at 1:02 PM, RooMiniPro said:

In the quest to find an easier way to carry my awkwardly shaped MiniPro I came up with this simple solution. A strip of strap from an old bag stitched into a loop with a sewing machine, and a piece of PVC pipe. I can carry this into a shop comfortably now with the flat underside of the MiniPro against my body and the knee bar in my other hand or under my arm if I need that hand.  When riding I leave it attached as it doesn't rattle or get in the way of anything. 

IMG_7404.JPG

IMG_7403.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

This is my solution to keeping my kneebar from breaking. I've been doing reps of 12 for 6 daily ?

On 7/30/2017 at 1:34 AM, SegwayMiniPro said:

This is my solution to keeping my kneebar from breaking. I've been doing reps of 12 for 6 daily ?

I ordered a duffel bag to carry the MiniPro.  This may be a more complete solution to travel & more discreet with the enclosure.

The handle described in this thread works well for the main unit & I still have to contend with the knee bar. It becomes cumbersome for longer travels.

Its good to have options for storage and transporting the MiniPro: a single handle or complete bag.

In one instance, I carried a MiniPro while riding a MiniPro to bring to my wife to ride back.  This was a distance of about a mile in city sidewalks.  I had to shift carrying from one hand to the other, due to fatigue.  Carrying the MiniPro strapped to my back would be much easier, safer, & less fatiguing.

Taking the MiniPro concealed in an enclosed bag while on a train or bus would also eliminate questions or concerns that others may have.

My wife and I will be taking long distance train trips and plan on bringing our MiniPros with us.

Amtrak trains also have power outlets to use for charging while in transit.

Hello sightseeing and exploring!

Edited by Rocky Romero
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

I ordered a duffel bag to carry the MiniPro.  This may be a more complete solution to travel & more discreet with the enclosure.

The handle described in this thread works well for the main unit & I still have to contend with the knee bar. It becomes cumbersome for longer travels.

Its good to have options for storage and transporting the MiniPro: a single handle or complete bag.

In one instance, I carried a MiniPro while riding a MiniPro to bring to my wife to ride back.  This was a distance of about a mile in city sidewalks.  I had to shift carrying from one hand to the other, due to fatigue.  Carrying the MiniPro strapped to my back would be much easier, safer, & less fatiguing.

Taking the MiniPro concealed in an enclosed bag while on a train or bus would also eliminate questions or concerns that others may have.

My wife and I will be taking long distance train trips and plan on bringing our MiniPros with us.

Amtrak trains also have power outlets to use for charging while in transit.

Hello sightseeing and exploring!

I had the same thoughts.  I went on a big search for the perfect bag that was as compact as possible - just big enough for the MiniPro and no bigger.  I tried about 7 different bags and I ordered 3 online and returned two.  Finally I found this.  It's not the best quality bag out there but it was the smallest one I could find that would fit. 

IMG_7322.JPG

IMG_7320b.JPG

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

I had the same thoughts.  I went on a big search for the perfect bag that was as compact as possible - just big enough for the MiniPro and no bigger.  I tried about 7 different bags and I ordered 3 online and returned two.  Finally I found this.  It's not the best quality bag out there but it was the smallest one I could find that would fit. 

IMG_7322.JPG

IMG_7320b.JPG

Wow, very nice bag and it looks like a great fit.

Here's the one that I ordered.

IMG_3967.PNG

Oh very nice.  I saw that one on eBay but I did not want to wait 4-6 weeks for shipping from China.  I think yours will be nicer to carry and also more durable as it's made from canvas.  I worked out that the best internal dimensions for a snug fit are 21 1/4 x 10 1/2 inches or 26.7cm by 54cm if you use the metric system like modern humans.

9 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

Oh very nice.  I saw that one on eBay but I did not want to wait 4-6 weeks for shipping from China.  I think yours will be nicer to carry and also more durable as it's made from canvas.  I worked out that the best internal dimensions for a snug fit are 21 1/4 x 10 1/2 inches or 26.7cm by 54cm if you use the metric system like modern humans.

Found this at bed bath with wheels 27.99 minus 20% if anyone needs a roller.

ttl damage $23 bucks and tax where applicable. Samsonite

https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com/m/product/samsonite-reg-andante-22-inch-rolling-duffle/3285016

great deal.

IMG_2983.PNG

IMG_2984.PNG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SegwayMiniPro said:

Found this at bed bath with wheels 27.99 minus 20% if anyone needs a roller.

ttl damage $23 bucks and tax where applicable. Samsonite

https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com/m/product/samsonite-reg-andante-22-inch-rolling-duffle/3285016

great deal.

IMG_2983.PNG

IMG_2984.PNG

This has an attraction with the wheels for added flexibility.

Could this be used to transport on a plane as a carry on, without the battery?

I read somewhere else in this forum where someone successfully flew with their Mini overseas.

I would ship the battery separately to the destination as a safety precaution.

I've tested these two bags you can buy from amazon. They foldup into a compact package when empty which is handy  the Bago one is slightly larger and folds flatterer, the Amazon Basics one is smaller and a little tighter, harder to, fit, but $5 cheaper.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01J24HCL4

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B013M38P80

Edited by FreeRide

2 hours ago, FreeRide said:

I've tested these two bags you can buy from amazon. They foldup into a compact package when empty which is handy  the Bago one is slightly larger and folds flatterer, the Amazon Basics one is smaller and a little tighter, harder to, fit, but $5 cheaper.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B013M38P80

The Amazon 23 inch says it "measures 27 inches long by 11 inches wide by 15-1/2 inches high".  That's 6" of excess empty space on the end.  And if it's actually 23" I don't know if the MiniPro can go into it due to the slit opening style.  I looked as so many bags, including top slit opening bags, and I ordered a few from Amazon and sent them back because they were either too big, too small, or the opening did not allow the MiniPro to go in.  It's actually harder than it seems to find the perfect bag for the MiniPro when looking for a totally snug fit with no excess space.

36 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

The Amazon 23 inch says it "measures 27 inches long by 11 inches wide by 15-1/2 inches high".  That's 6" of excess empty space on the end.  And if it's actually 23" I don't know if the MiniPro can go into it due to the slit opening style.  I looked as so many bags, including top slit opening bags, and I ordered a few from Amazon and sent them back because they were either too big, too small, or the opening did not allow the MiniPro to go in.  It's actually harder than it seems to find the perfect bag for the MiniPro when looking for a totally snug fit with no excess space.

Like I said, I tested both of these and I think they work well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2017 at 4:54 PM, RooMiniPro said:

What top slit open bags did you find to fit on the MiniPro?

In particular, I'm interested in something that goes over the knee bar and snugly rests on the foot pedals.

This would be a food/drink butler to remotely control indoors.

I obtained the idea from videos of the upcoming MiniPlus when it carries flowers or groceries.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Rocky Romero

17 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

What top slit open bags did you find to fit on the MiniPro?

In particular, I'm interested in something that goes over the knee bar and snugly rests on the foot pedals.

This would be a food/drink butler to remotely control indoors.

I obtained the idea from videos of the upcoming MiniPlus when it carries flowers or groceries.

Any suggestions?

I did not find any top slit opening bags that worked.  Because of the nature of bags that open with a long slit zipper on top, it means the bag has to be much longer than the MiniPro in order to let the MiniPro be put inside.  The better bags were the top flap openers like the one I posted a photo of.  What I really wanted was a cylindrical bag with a flap opening, that would be a perfectly tight fit for the Minipro without the Knee bar attached, like in this drawing:

tyjjyrf.jpg

But every one I tried was either too big or too small.

Edited by RooMiniPro

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2017 at 2:31 PM, FreeRide said:

I received this case finally.

It fits perfectly including the knee bar.

It has a shoulder strap & compacts into a small case.

Perfect.

Perfect for biz meetings.

Better than the bag I bought on eBay.

4 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

Perfect.

Glad you like it.  It's pretty stealth which is nice for train and bus travel, or just to avoid a lot of questions in the office.

14 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

Perfect.

Can you upload some photos to show how it looks like when the mini pro is inside? Thank you

Edited by capdcanoa

• 2 months later...
On 31/8/2017 at 1:46 PM, Rocky Romero said:

IMG_7746.JPG

i'm going to buy this bag and I'm in doubt about the size to buy, 59 cm or 69 cm.

Since mini pro is 55 cm wide, I think 59 is the one that you bought and fits better, but I'm afraid if it is going to be hard to put the mini pro inside.

69 cm will be too long?