dpong

Excitement about KS16S Sport?

157 posts in this topic

I was decided to buy KS14D when suddenly I read that the new KS16S it was about to appear. Now I'm looking forward to know more about it.

Gotway MCM 680Wh was my favorite too but I finally discarded it because it hasn't got trolley and it hasn't got lights (it has only got decorative lights)

Really I'd like KS14S but there aren't any new news about it.

Just received mine in France last friday. Did not ahve much time to ride it with the awful wheather I had. I will try it over the Week end and will report my 1st impressions here or the other thread. FYI, I am coming from a KS14C and for sure this is quite a change....

31 minutes ago, djerr said:

Just received mine in France last friday. Did not ahve much time to ride it with the awful wheather I had. I will try it over the Week end and will report my 1st impressions here or the other thread. FYI, I am coming from a KS14C and for sure this is quite a change....

I will look forward to hearing your impressions!

I am expecting KS16S delivery something like end of next week...  I have just passed 1000 km on my current KS16, with previous experience of 2000km on NB1E+  
I do not expect such a big step forward from KS16 to KS16S as it was from NB, but there will be some differences to write about for sure.

12 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

I am expecting KS16S delivery something like end of next week...  I have just passed 1000 km on my current KS16, with previous experience of 2000km on NB1E+  
I do not expect such a big step forward from KS16 to KS16S as it was from NB, but there will be some differences to write about for sure.

I am NB1E+ long time rider.  I would be very curious to hear your perspective on the 'big step forward' from NB to KS16.  I am moving to KS16S very soon, though not soon enough for me. :lol:

Initial opinion from January - just after I got it  can be found here:

Up till now -no negative comments !  all works, never any shutdowns, batteries keep up ok etc.  

Looking forward to make comparison with KS16S

@esaj I'm completely jealous, but a big enough man to congratulate you anyway.  Congratulations!  

Please comment on your impressions when you get a chance.  

36 minutes ago, esaj said:

Look what the cat dragged in  :whistling:

Wow, you are based in Finland and ordered from 1RadWerkstatt in Germany? A very nice guy, I ordered my KS16S from him as well. Should arrive any day now, in Silver. Hopefully not as prone to visible dust as the white NB1 I have right now.

47 minutes ago, esaj said:

ZmV4iMJ.png

Well, back to work...

sweet! and you get... gummy bears?! :)

57 minutes ago, esaj said:

ZmV4iMJ.png

Well, back to work...

Congrats :cheers:  It's interesting that they actually put a battery sticker that lists the manufacturer of the batteries.

Posted (edited)

One question I have about the ks16s is about the range comparison to the regular ks16.

Both use the same 840wh battery but the Ks16s uses 1200w motor versus 800w in the ks16.

The more powerful engine consumes more battery power so the range I expect will be less than the ks16.

It would be nice if somebody did actual range test between the two.

Edited by Adel

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Congrats :cheers:  It's interesting that they actually put a battery sticker that lists the manufacturer of the batteries.

My KS18AY lists the batteries as well. 

Allen

1 hour ago, esaj said:

ZmV4iMJ.png

Well, back to work...

Whooohooo! Finally!! @esaj is back on the road again!!! Bring the kids in da house!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Just wondering: how many gummi bears per 100km does it consume ? :clap3:

27 minutes ago, esaj said:

Thanks, and since you asked:

1kg of gummy bears has about 3960 kilocalories = 16550 kilojoules = about 4600 watthours. Assuming that you somehow could use gummy bears to charge the wheel with 100% efficiency, and a consumption of 15 Wh per km, 100km would require 1500Wh:

1500Wh / (4600Wh/kg) = 0.326...kg of gummy bears

EDIT: Oh, wait, how much does a single gummy bear weight? Quick googling says 2.2 grams... so

326g / (2.2g/gummy bear) = 148,1818... gummy bears. Make it an even 150 :P

I think ;) 

Well, am I glad I asked :rolleyes::rolleyes:  ... and great to see that nothing never ever could possibly detract you from gettin' your work done  :whistling::whistling:

Wait, what? Don't you know how to ride one of those? 

Better than that: He even knows how to fly with them 😁😁😁

20 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

Better than that: He even knows how to fly with them 😁😁😁

The legend lives on....  B)