Rockwheel GT16 App

12 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

I've experimented setting the three alarms at a very low speed to see what they sounds like. Im only getting a double beep. It seems like there is no difference in sound between the alarms? I also set the tilt back to a low number and no matter what it defaults back to 47kmh. Has anyone else tried this?

I'm not sure about the beeps, because they're so weak that I more experience them than actually hear them when riding. My tilt-back stays where I set it though, but I've not tried to set it very low.

On 05/07/2017 at 9:58 PM, Mrd777 said:

I've experimented setting the three alarms at a very low speed to see what they sounds like. Im only getting a double beep. It seems like there is no difference in sound between the alarms? I also set the tilt back to a low number and no matter what it defaults back to 47kmh. Has anyone else tried this?

Hi;

I received my Rockwheel GT 16 two days ago and also noticed something tricky in the tilt back setting. I had to do my first 30 km/h with a tilt back set at 20 km/h. Not funny...

In fact when we set it, we must follow three steps (press the speed, move the arrow, then confirm). If you forget the first step, you will think it is saved as there is a bip when you confirm, but it will not be saved.

speedrocker.thumb.png.690db6fefa1e04c3d7d2d74986d4a83a.png

Concerning the alarms, they are much louder than in the previous batch. My wheel was produced in early june. It is really audible even at high speed (same as Gotway MSuper 2 than I own). I could hear the 2 bips, then 3 bips. I didn't try the continuous alarm. I set mine at 35, 37 and 39 km/h.

I set my tilt back at 50 km/h because I won't use it. I prefer to react myself when I hear the speed alarm.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Iero83
typo
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Iero83 said:

Hi;

I received my Rockwheel 2 GT 16 two days ago and also noticed something tricky in the tilt back setting. I had to do my first 30 km/h with a tilt back set at 20 km/h. Not funny...

In fact when we set it, we must follow three steps (press the speed, move the arrow, then confirm). If you forget the first step, you will think it is saved as there is a bip when you confirm, but it will not be saved.

speedrocker.thumb.png.690db6fefa1e04c3d7d2d74986d4a83a.png

Concerning the alarms, they are much louder than in the previous batch. My wheel was produced in early june. It is really audible even at high speed (same as Gotway MSuper 2 than I own). I could hear the 2 bips, then 3 bips. I didn't try the continuous alarm. I set mine at 35, 37 and 39 km/h.

I set my tilt back at 50 km/h because I won't use it. I prefer to react myself when I hear the speed alarm.

Hope this helps.

Yes, that's true. I forgot to ask @Mrd777 if he'd followed that order?

Basically you've set the alarm speeds as I've done, only a kmh divergence or so. But I've kept the tilt-back, since my alarms are to faint for me to trust hearing them.

Yes, I did follow these steps. Every time I do it, I press confirm and it beeps, however it defaults back to 47. I can change the number and leave that page, but when I go back and check it, it is on 47km/h.  It's very strange that I can't adjust it.

The alarms are only one set, in other words the beeping is the same between both alarms.

Edited by Mrd777

You can try these solutions:

- uninstall the app et re install it

- try on another device (android phone if you use an iPhone or the contrary)

- check if it works in another mode

This afternoon I rode till I got the alarms and I really got three different alarms: 2 beeps, 3 beeps and continuous  beeps according to my speed settings. I hope you can fix this on your wheel. A re install of the app may be enough to fix it.

On 29/06/2017 at 8:54 PM, zugu said:

True...

It keeps All settings apart the mode that is always reset to Walking mode..

A bit annoying due if someone like me or Scatcat prefer at 1st the Playing mode we are forced every time to take the smartphone and open the app to change the mode. .,<_<

More dangerous for Beginners,  that if they will forget to set the Beginner mode at every power on, will found themselves with a fully and more powerful mode under their feet:blink:

This must have been fixed as on my GT 16 (early June built) mode is kept as well. 

4 hours ago, Iero83 said:

This must have been fixed as on my GT 16 (early June built) mode is kept as well. 

Well, mine keeps the mode, until I fire up the app, then it resets to "walking mode" as it connects. So it's a lot less annoying, just remember to change mode when the app connects and you're good.

7 hours ago, Iero83 said:

Mine too was early June built but mode wasn't kept:(

2 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Well, mine keeps the mode, until I fire up the app, then it resets to "walking mode" as it connects. So it's a lot less annoying, just remember to change mode when the app connects and you're good.

Yes, so it works. ..

I checked further this issue.

On IOS, mode is kept whatever you do (turning off the Rockwheel app or the wheel): works well.

On Android phones, mode returns to Walking Mode everytime you reconnect the Rockwheel app.

If one mixes:

- set mode on Android phone then check on IOS, mode is kept: perfect.

- set mode on IOS then check on Android: mode is back to Walking Mode

So the issue is only when we connect from the android Rockwheel app.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Iero83 said:

I checked further this issue.

On IOS, mode is kept whatever you do (turning off the Rockwheel app or the wheel): works well.

On Android phones, mode returns to Walking Mode everytime you reconnect the Rockwheel app.

If one mixes:

- set mode on Android phone then check on IOS, mode is kept: perfect.

- set mode on IOS then check on Android: mode is back to Walking Mode

So the issue is only when we connect from the android Rockwheel app.

Well, as so many of these apps, it feels like it's not entirely ready.

But as long as the faults are limited to one small annoyance, I'm okay with it.

Ok , now on my app ( iOS) the tilt back speed does stay where I left it.  I can also confirm that after closing the app and opening it or turning on the wheel again it stays put on "playing mode".  I noticed that the only alarm that works is the "Two Alarm", both "three" and "alarm continued" DO NOT WORK

Edited by Mrd777

• 1 month later...

Trying an Android version of the app, I notice than the tilt-back setting mode is no longer available when I go first in the speed alarms seting mode. And same thing (reverse) if I begin with the TB setting. So, in order to have access to both settings, I need to quit and relaunch the app between each...

Normal behaviour ?

8 hours ago, sbouju said:

Trying an Android version of the app, I notice than the tilt-back setting mode is no longer available when I go first in the speed alarms seting mode. And same thing (reverse) if I begin with the TB setting. So, in order to have access to both settings, I need to quit and relaunch the app between each...

Normal behaviour ?

Never noticed that behaviour.

But it is a bit iffy, you have to hit the input field, then adjust the speed, then click on the confirmation. Not very user friendly.

3 hours ago, Scatcat said:

But it is a bit iffy, you have to hit the input field, then adjust the speed, then click on the confirmation. Not very user friendly.

Yes, I have well seen that, and sorry for my poor english, but the (little) problem is other: not possible to adjust the TB after un speed alarm adjustement, or not possible to adjust a speed alarm after a TB adjustment, here... I need to quit the app after the first and relaunch it, in order to do the second.

10 hours ago, sbouju said:

Yes, I have well seen that, and sorry for my poor english, but the (little) problem is other: not possible to adjust the TB after un speed alarm adjustement, or not possible to adjust a speed alarm after a TB adjustment, here... I need to quit the app after the first and relaunch it, in order to do the second.

That sounds really really strange. But as I've said before: the app is outdated and iffy. It's good enough for basics, but I really would like to see an update with a more user-friendly interface, better controls, a log, a tour log and so on.

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

That sounds really really strange. But as I've said before: the app is outdated and iffy. It's good enough for basics, but I really would like to see an update with a more user-friendly interface, better controls, a log, a tour log and so on.

Well, if this sounds strange to you, may be the version I use is older than yours ?

And can you give me the "good" download linkfor the latest Android app, as this don't seems officially centralized on an up to date constructor web site...?

I just use the Rockwheel app only  for setting the mode, the alarms and the tilt back. since that I always use the much more better wheel log app. Works very fine with the GT 16. The Connection with my smartphone ist much better and stable. Additionally the app works really nice with a pebble watch. You have a dashboard on your wrist and need not hold a smartphone in your hand while driving. The bicycle bell is a nice feature too. I love it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi All,

Got my GT16 v2 just yesterday. I understand there is an official iOS app.I am on Android and the apps mentioned earlier in this thread seem quite old - are there any newer versions for Android? 

Appreciate any inputs. Thanks

On 3/16/2018 at 3:06 PM, Sudhan said:

Hi All,

Got my GT16 v2 just yesterday. I understand there is an official iOS app.I am on Android and the apps mentioned earlier in this thread seem quite old - are there any newer versions for Android? 

Appreciate any inputs. Thanks

Not that I know of.

Personally I only use it to set riding mode and tilt-back, relying on wheellog for all the rest. That app is brilliant in comparison.

• 1 month later...

A query, my gt 16 does not detect in Android neither the percentage in remaining battery (always marks 100x100) nor the total km of correct form. This happens to me as much in the rockwheel application as in wheellog. Is it always like this, some solution?

Thank you

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, parepko said:

Hi! A month ago I became a happy owner of gt16. It's awesom!

Downloading the application, I found that the maximum speed, battery indications, the percentage of the discharge were displayed incorrectly.

With a little knowledge of programming I decided to fix it and slightly changed the design.

So what's done:

• Correct display of percentages and visual indication of battery charge
  • Correct display of maximum speed for the trip
  • Correct visual display of battery voltage
  • Translated text from Chinese
  • Corrected curve translation
  • Slightly redesign

I hope this helps you.

gt16-app mod.jpg

RockWheel App 4.1.2_GT16 AP edition 1.0b.apk

the installation was successful,  I try it tonight, if everything works as you say I could marry you :D 

• Like 2