Southern California - Griffith Park ride on 06May2017

On 5/3/2017 at 4:59 PM, abinder3 said:

I also noticed that it looks like Sunday will be filled with rain showers. 

Allen

G d it!  I was in Cali in 80 for basic, it never rained.  Went back in 86 for training, it never rained.  Now it's raining all the time!  Sounds like the perfect place got even better!  I love the rain,  except for the earthquakes,  G D I loved those too!  Never got those anywhere else.

I always loved the sprinkler hoses inlaid on the freeway overpass banks, but never saw any water there.  It pisses me off that here, they overwater and the roadway is full of water, and your fresh wash job is ruined by hitting a lane full of water, and at the same time they say we are in water restrictions.:furious:

27 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

So, how was the ride ?

(It was windy and sprinkled a little bit here by the beach today. Even sprinkled in the morning.)

Allen

We had a great ride. It was lightly raining when we got to the parking lot, and @who_the was the only one to show up. But we talked a little and decided what the hell, let's do it. And after we got under way the rain stopped and never started again. @noisycarlos joined us near the end for a 1/2 hour or so. So I think Jesse got a good flavor of our riding down here.

12 hours ago, steve454 said:

G d it!  I was in Cali in 80 for basic, it never rained.  Went back in 86 for training, it never rained.  Now it's raining all the time!  Sounds like the perfect place got even better!  I love the rain,  except for the earthquakes,  G D I loved those too!  Never got those anywhere else.

I always loved the sprinkler hoses inlaid on the freeway overpass banks, but never saw any water there.  It pisses me off that here, they overwater and the roadway is full of water, and your fresh wash job is ruined by hitting a lane full of water, and at the same time they say we are in water restrictions.:furious:

Ummm.  What's this rant have to do with the thread ?

(Water isn't wasted like that these days and it isn't "raining all the time" as you put it.)

Here's a little video recap. Unfortunately there was no video rolling when I was riding backwards and collided with a golf cart, to the utter enjoyment of @who_the :D

18 minutes ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

I woke up around 8:30-9:00, heard the rain, went back to sleep. If only i knew that it would stop raining so soon i would have came ?

I don't blame you. It looked dismal at the beginning, but as soon as we started riding the rain stopped for the next few hours.

8 minutes ago, jrkline said:

It looks like you've fully recovered from Cogswell.Did you have any run ins with equestrians or rangers at GP?

No rangers, but there were two different groups of horses that we passed while traversing the Hollywood Sign trail. In both cases, as soon as we saw horses in the distance we turned off the wheels and mellowed out on the side of the trail until they passed. No problems with this approach whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

No rangers, but there were two different groups of horses that we passed while traversing the Hollywood Sign trail. In both cases, as soon as we saw horses in the distance we turned off the wheels and mellowed out on the side of the trail until they passed. No problems with this approach whatsoever.

Good.I got the "inreach explorer" sat navigator from Amazon so let me know when your ready for another stab at Cogswell.It has an SOS function that works anywhere in the world so cell coverage is no longer an issue.

Just now, jrkline said:

Good.I got the "inreach explorer" sat navigator from Amazon so let me know when your ready for another stab at Cogswell.It has an SOS function that works anywhere in the world so cell coverage is no longer an issue.

Great. I hope to God that we won't need it or anything related to it :)  I do want to tackle this again and I'm glad you'll be up for it. I'm still not 100%, mostly still from the earlier Monster crash. But maybe by June we can try to organize something again.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Great. I hope to God that we won't need it or anything related to it :)  I do want to tackle this again and I'm glad you'll be up for it. I'm still not 100%, mostly still from the earlier Monster crash. But maybe by June we can try to organize something again.

Cool.Hopefully by then the Forrest Service will get in there to clear the roads!Too bad I had to miss the GP ride but I was out camping on a previously scheduled "Doins" near Calico.    mtqnafD.jpg

Just now, jrkline said:

Cool.Hopefully by then the Forrest Service will get in there to clear the roads!Too bad I had to miss the GP ride but I was out camping on a previously scheduled "Doins" near Calico.    mtqnafD.jpg

It's been a long time since I've camped, but bringing a wheel is a great idea. Looks like you had better weather.

On 5/7/2017 at 7:08 AM, abinder3 said:

(Water isn't wasted like that these days and it isn't "raining all the time" as you put it.)

I was talking about here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, they overwater all the time and it runs so far out in the street that it will completely cover the lane by the curb.  And I just like rain and wished it had rained more when I was living in California, it would have been nice.  I agree, I don't remember ever seeing water wasted in California, and I admired the use of native plants near freeways instead of trying to grow grass and having to mow it, it made good sense and looked nice too.  I heard on the news recently that the long drought in your area is officially over, I'm happy for the people of California. Not really, they too lucky.:roflmao:

4 hours ago, jrkline said:

Does it function like advertised?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2017 at 8:59 AM, Marty Backe said:

Here's a little video recap. Unfortunately there was no video rolling when I was riding backwards and collided with a golf cart, to the utter enjoyment of @who_the :D

When you going to setup gathering runs 

6 hours ago, unowheel said:

When you going to setup gathering runs 

We'll probably have another group ride soon, if that's what you're asking.

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2017 at 4:37 AM, Peter Q said:

Hi everyone, still waiting for my KS18 1680wh from ewheels Jason, it is on the way to CA from Miami. Maybe next time I will join the group again and without overheat (KS14c).:PAll all have fun !!!

Peter

Hey Peter,

I just saw the you changed your profile name to something that's pronounceable ;) Did you see the announcement for the July 8th group ride? I'll add your new name to the distribution list.

Archived