Needs goods advices from businessman: should i sell my blog?

jojo33

Hello

Well, my actual situation is im really bankrupted (?:crying:) seeking a job, and well i need money for health, care my animals, and move in another city for get a work...complicated "assle pack all inclusive"

I have my extraordinary blog about Mini SEGWAY (ninebot....:blink1:)

Today i celebrate my 100th country with 6577 visitors

But i don't and can't monetize my blog (google adds or others), because i use a lot of pictures from mini users over the world and i think it will be dishonest get money with the intellectual property of these users

and in France if you have a blog monetized you must paid many tax and if i paid tax , I get less money with my job seeker help and actually i can't loose any euro cents

I thought contact many spare parts resellers for put direct link to their shop online but for two reasons doesn't work

1/ i cant verify quality product myself, and if someone bought a product sponsorised by my blog and this product never be delivered or is bad quality , i don't want that

2/chinese sellers were not interested last summer....

But im sure a good bussinessman can make gold with my little international blog (the number 1 in the world....alone in the world)

Should i sell it? Sell it directly to XIAOMI SEGWAY NINEBOT? :furious: Should i go now in other country for get a good job? Must i need change my toothpaste? 

Should i sell my blog to Emirates? Russian Top 10 Fortune or to DEAN KAMEN inventor of SEGWAY,?

I try put a paypal special donation and i win .... 2 euros

Any ideas? (please forget the rope's council: I do not even have enough money to buy a rope and hang myself with)

thank you 

If you're that in need of cash, I would say sell it and make any profit you can from it.  In tough times we all have to get down and try to recoup as much money as possible to get by.  I would review spending to see where the money is going and make some hard decisions about cutting expenditures as much as possible as every little thing adds up.  Cutting out smoking, eating out, cellular fees, internet (use free WiFi hot spots), etc. can all add to the bottom line.

Pay off high interest credit cards using a lower interest bank loan.  Credit card interest fees are always crazy high so don't be owing them a balance.  Sell off non-essential items on eBay or similar can recoup funds. I got about $2000 in sales from getting rid of old items.  I was surprised how much I was able to make.

On 06/05/2017 at 10:10 AM, Rehab1 said:

I went to your site and it is very professional! Have you tried any ad networks to generate income from your blog like  Google AdSenseBlogadsBlogHerBeacon AdsFederated MediaSovrn, (formerly Lijit), Media.netRivit and Sway

thank you for answer... i'm doing my best for share data with mini owners, i will see yours links, i've seen this autsralian website http://flippa.com/blog/how-much-is-my-website-worth/

google adsense : all money income need be must be reported to taxes in france....and reduce my personal incomes....(like job seeker)

"But i don't and can't monetize my blog (google adds or others), because i use a lot of pictures from mini users over the world and i think it will be dishonest get money with the intellectual property of these users"

Actually i'm making a big work on my blog for celebrate the 1 year birthday... i think this will genering an added value to the blog.... (it's really a big work but maybe no one seeing this will understand there's a lot of working hours behind)

Maybe one day, on ebay, sell it with auction ....

@jojo33 Your blog is very informative and well made. One can easily see that you put a lot of effort into it.

Don't give up, mate! Life is not easy for many, but there are a lot of positive things in life that keeps us runnig. Like ninebot mini passion ;) and good friendly society of open-minded EUC and mini riders.

Damn that money-focused world that can make us believe that there is nothing more important than making the money... That's simply not true. Really important things cannot be measured with money.

2 hours ago, Vik's said:

Damn that money-focused world that can make us believe that there is nothing more important than making the money... That's simply not true. Really important things cannot be measured with money.

The ambassador of the country "the happiest in the world"
has spoken!

:thumbup:

Thanks for your kind words @Vik's

On 06/05/2017 at 9:26 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

If you're that in need of cash, I would say sell it and make any profit you can from it.  In tough times we all have to get down and try to recoup as much money as possible to get by.  I would review spending to see where the money is going and make some hard decisions about cutting expenditures as much as possible as every little thing adds up.  Cutting out smoking, eating out, cellular fees, internet (use free WiFi hot spots), etc. can all add to the bottom line.

Pay off high interest credit cards using a lower interest bank loan.  Credit card interest fees are always crazy high so don't be owing them a balance.  Sell off non-essential items on eBay or similar can recoup funds. I got about $2000 in sales from getting rid of old items.  I was surprised how much I was able to make.

I can't make more cutting...maybe cigarettes but look my budget like job seeker....and like that, see how 2 millions of french people lives....i will reveal the thrue about us and you will be super surprised french system

Please understand our salary are low because a lot of taxes are collected for these basics funds/aids. I had traveled a lot and i know foreign salary are higher , system is different

For one person job seekers who haven't worked more than 3 month in one year, like me, , we have two type of financial aid (type celibate without family support and kids, nothing else than himself)

1/ Housing assistance : 213 euros/month (stop or decrease when you get a job)

2/ Minimum living aid : 470 euros

470 - 

.....I'm living in a little appartment, very old, cost is 260 euros/month (including water): i have to pay 47 euros/month

.....internet (no tv): 30 euros/month (Reinvested in the local and national economy)

....cellular (50 giga and illimited calls) : 25 euros ((Reinvested in the local and national economy)

....house assurance : 16 euros ((Reinvested in the local and national economy)

....Electricity: 38euros/month (Reinvested in the local and national economy)

....Bank fees: 7 euros/month (Reinvested in the local and national economy)

....many health care : 30/month (Reinvested in the local and national economy)

....Food and house needs: 5euros/days: 156 euros/month more many times (Reinvested in the local and national economy)

....tabacco 55 euros (Reinvested in the local and national economy)

= 404 euros 

It remains about 60 euros, (others costs like many health care for my pets....clothes) 

Well

I don't have driving licence,, it's better, because if i had a car i can't ensure it, and can't pay gazoline

I don't have credit card, no credit too, only paycard

i have a free pass for urban local transports, it's good for move

No cinema (theaters) no eating out (ok ones 1 euros cheeseburger) no alcool, no drinks, (ok many soda...)

Money, like said @Viks, is not really my focus, i just search a job for live good, care health , share moments , i had money before, but i was young, i spend my money in travel, i took my backpack and trip far far away very long time journey abroad...i learn, respect and received respect, enjoy and cry, i see, listen and feel how world is, how people live, i said to myself do the best travels , no limit, and thinking to people can never travel abroad, do it for them, and share your experience for give us the desire to realise their dreams like travel or create....

I thought first go very very far far away because when i will be older i can't travel super lejooooooooss ;)

In march 2016, i bought my mini imported from hong kong (550 euros shipping fees included) , around the 19 may i released my blog, since one year my life here change a lot, connecting people in my town everyday they ask me, i share mini experience and riding councils, they try , experienced my mini, at the supermarket, in the street, in the park, front to the only town pub, in the neighboorood, kids comes tocking at my door "can we ride your gyropode?" , Abuelitas (old women hahahha too), 

Half my town is full of much job seekers or low very low salaryman, family are "lowly" (?)

Mini price is so hight for them

This make me shouting when i saw french prices at 999/899/799/699/550(amazon) eurosIt'(s why i wrotte my personal conclusion where i said "
MINI: if you were a friend, I'll tell you not to buy it ! THIS IS MY CONCLUSION..."

I'm thinking really move in another city ....

Well this speech was about a real french reality of many of us we are living here, ..

Dear @hunka Hunka Burning Love, now you know all about the basic french system....Congratulations i'll send you your french certificate of studying about courses "How french poor people are contributing directly to increase local economy?" (and chinese economy too with a mini)

Thanks for sharing those financials with us to give us a better idea of expenses where you live.   Taxes here in Canada are fairly high as well ranging from about 16% for low income families to around 35-40% for higher incomes.  We get charged 5 to 15% for goods and services as well.  Rent runs around $700-1200 and up depending on where you rent.  Average family income is about $50,000 a year.

I wonder whether you could cancel your home internet and use your cellular 50 gigs per month instead of duplicating things for internet access.  You could host a wifi spot hot spot from your cell at home so your laptop/pc can connect.  50 gigs per month is a fairly good chunk of data!  I get like 3 gigs a month for $15 for my cell phone.  I use Fongo for free wifi calling as I only have a data plan.  I also use Textfree Plus for free SMS texting.   

For housing, electricity, insurance consider moving in with a room mate to share accommodations/internet/expenses.  Or if you have a good neighbour, consider sharing one internet service with wireless access from a common router.  Most of the time data transfers are in short spurts so you don't utilize the entire bandwidth or reach data maximums.

Bank fees - some banks have no fee accounts.  I never pay bank charges on my personal account plus I get free cheques.  I negotiated a special account years ago with my bank, but it depends on how much they value your account with them.

Apply for a free credit card early that gives you some rewards even if you don't plan on using it.  Pay it off on time leaving no balance remaining.  It's better to get a credit rating going early to produce a credit history.  It also gives you up to a month time to pay each statement usually so you don't have to pay right away.  I get cashback rewards and accumulate rewards point for free items like orbital saws, bread makers, gas cards, etc..  If you are spending the money anyways, why not get some rewards for doing so?

Whatever you earn, stash at least 10% away in a rainy day fund that earns interest and that you do not touch.  It will be for future use and emergencies.

Try contacting Ninebot / your local Mini reseller to see if they have any commission sale revenue available for referrals that result in a sale.  Use your passion and knowledge to get some financial returns if possible.

Use your health care coverage to inquire with your physician as to what smoking cessation options are available out there.  I have heard good things about certain medications which can help you quit thereby saving 660 euros a year to spend on other things.   Would you rather smoke or say be able to buy a brand new Ninebot Mini each and every year?  Smoking is just money going up in fumes!

If there is room in your apartment, consider listing it on AirBNB, VRBO, or any of the other rental companies to attract tourist room mates to help share expenses.  Maybe invest in a spare Mini to offer tours at a slight cost to your guests.  Consider taking some further education to open up higher income jobs.  A little investment in yourself can pay off in spades.

Worse comes to worse, I guess you could move to a different place,  but there usually are common challenges everywhere you go.  I'd say try to make the most of where you are currently at unless you feel the grass is actually greener elsewhere.  I don't have all the answers, but sometimes it seems that I have a knack for enabling people to see things from a different perspective.  Of course it is dependent upon if they are interested in doing so.  :innocent1:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wonder whether you could cancel your home internet and use your cellular 50 gigs per month instead of duplicating things for internet access.  You could host a wifi spot hot spot from your cell at home so your laptop/pc can connect.  50 gigs per month is a fairly good chunk of data!  I get like 3 gigs a month for $15 for my cell phone.  I use Fongo for free wifi calling as I only have a data plan.  I also use Textfree Plus for free SMS texting.   

Yes i 'm thinking to stop house internet sooner and use my phone in modem mode it's only since last month than my phone carrier increase data from 20 giga to 50 giga

Whatever you earn, stash at least 10% away in a rainy day fund that earns interest and that you do not touch.  It will be for future use and emergencies.

sometimes i stock 50 euros be reported next month

For housing, electricity, insurance consider moving in with a room mate to share accommodations/internet/expenses

my house rent is the most low we can find in the area, 260 euros for 40m2

Bank fees - some banks have no fee accounts.  I never pay bank charges on my personal account plus I get free cheques

i have too free cheque i use

Apply for a free credit card early that gives

unfortunetly in france credit are diificult to obtain, needs proove to bank or credit revolving company yours incomes are over 800/900 euros by month ... below this amount you can't get credit because french law said you can't survive below this amount if you paid a credit 

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Try contacting Ninebot / your lo

Sad to say you here or in much countries , ninebot local representative don't have a good relation with their own consumers, and deslike who's who bought imported mini....

Smoking is just money going up in fumes!

yes i know, but it's my addict

If there is room in your apartment, con

good idea but need assurance and personal enterprise declaration... 

Consider taking some further education to open up high income jobs.  A little investment in yourself can pay off in spades.

i'm working on! ;) are you reading in my mind? :) i'm waiting university answer to validate by diploma many experiences i had 

Thank you very much for yours councils and ideas @hunka

• 2 weeks later...

Two things come to mind.

--You don't have a divorced wife and child. Therefore your situation is excellent. Italy and the United States is full of homeless men or jailed men who owe 30,00 to 50,000 dollars to their exes. I am in that category.

--I use e-cigerattes and an e-pipe (I'm not nor ever have been a smoker by the way) and everything feels so right in the world. Nothing is quite as satisfying as laying in bed Netflix binging with my trusty ELeaf Pico Mega, puffing away. One of life's great pleasures. It was like 60-70 bucks, and maybe 10 bucks per month after that.

Some youtubers have gotten a solid monthly income from using services like Patreon, which lets people who like your work donate to help keep you going, or just to be nice.

There are also services like Go Fund Me, which allows people to donate to projects you might have.  And they could be anything, from some goofy teenager asking for free money so she can buy more make-up to people chipping in to help someone whose house burned down to people needing money to make a movie, etc.  

Regarding expenses: smoking and soda are expensive and unnecessary, especially when you are in money trouble.  I would strongly consider getting rid of those habits as much as possible.

Regarding small towns or other low income areas and jobs, very often the best choice is to move.  If there are few or no jobs available, how are you going to get one?  The first ones that open will be fought for and will often go to the friend or relative of someone who works there, maybe before you've even heard the job was open.

Expenses are much higher in bigger cities, but at least there tend to be jobs there.  It's very hard to progress if you are not willing to move to where the jobs are.

I find the advice of telling men in their 30's and 40's of changing their career trajectories akin to telling women in their 30's and 40's to nab the men they could attract when they were 18. Instead, realize that changing your career trajectory is difficult, you compete with people much younger than you.

• 1 month later...

09/29/2017

I would like to thank the members who advised me here
I've been accepted into affiliate reseller programs on the internet
it's been a month since my site starts to make me earn a little money

Maybe it was not until my site have sufficient visitors and a good reputation to access these Affiliate Programs

thanks for your advices
friendships from Bordeaux France

Archived