Welcome the newest member of the EUC club!

Maximus

I purchased this wheel from @Jason McNeil about 3 months ago for my sons birthday, but had to wait until (1) his actual bday (4/28) and (2) the most important part, he was supposed to save half the money :thumbup:.  Anyway, it all came together today and go figure, it took him about 20 mins to be up and rolling, seriously not fair! 

3 minutes ago, Maximus said:

I purchased this wheel from @Jason McNeil about 3 months ago for my sons birthday, but had to wait until (1) his actual bday (4/28) and (2) the most important part, he was supposed to save half the money :thumbup:.  Anyway, it all came together today and go figure, it took him about 20 mins to be up and rolling, seriously not fair! 

https://youtu.be/xLkJZj2j9k0

nice!

kids are so incredibly fast in learning....

But please: Give him kneepads, also. Even on the minimalist fall...you allways land on your knees!

On 01/05/2017 at 2:56 AM, Maximus said:

I should have known that my kids would figure it out quickly, they had no trouble on the hoverboards or ripsticks...<_<

There's something about the way kids handle the eucs so fast... Maybe the center of weight? :) 

1 hour ago, vladmarks said:

There's something about the way kids handle the eucs so fast... Maybe the center of weight? :) 

I find it crazy to think of how much effort we put into helping each other with advice on how to learn to ride these things and then a kid tries it and it's like no effort?  Seriously, I was so ready to help my boys with everything I've learned from this forum about being a new rider and they needed almost no help whatsoever.  I'm not complaining (well, I guess I am a little) I'm just a little surprised.  I'm glad that I didn't spend money on a "toy" that is just going to collect dust in a corner of a room, that's for sure!

In case you missed it (posted in the General Forum), here's a pic from yesterday morning of my son getting in a few minutes on his wheel before school, walking the dog in the rain :thumbup: 

Dog-Walker.jpg

I just wanted to share that learning to ride on the side walk and driveway is hard.  You need a large area to wiggle and flap.   Someone on youtube mentioned soft grassy field (very short grass) like a soccer field.  The soft turf doesn't damage you and your vehicle as much  That's where I finally learned to ride.  The second thing I realized was to force both knees to clamp the EU when it starts to wobble or lean.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

Kinds have a low center of gravity and much less mass. No magic formula. If I was 3 feet tall and 75 lbs vs 5,1 and 190.

simple physics. Yes kids can balance much easier. 

Good, I'll be using this against him in our nightly trash talking sessions about who is better on their EUC...much appreciated @Carlos E Rodriguez :laughbounce2:

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-5-2 at 1:20 PM, vladmarks said:

Right, and that's exactly why Japanese woman are so good at it as well. We all know they are, don't we :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'll like to welcome my 5 year old daughter to the EUC club.  Just last weekend she finally let go of my hand and start riding on her own.  She's only 38pounds and fighting a 30lb machine.  It's pretty impressive.  Turning is still hard for her but somehow managed to get started on her own too.

Now it's onward to the wife...hard to get cooperation....argh

• 2 weeks later...

Archived