Is Kingsong Website never updated ? And how is the company doing ?

HermanTheGerman

The Website http://www.szkingsong.com/ seems to be never updated.

No news, nothing about the new KS16S, under support the rather old 1.4 version of the App can be found, all in all it looks dead.

My experience with such badly managed websites is, that the owning companies slowly fade out of business.

How is it possible, that a company building such great wheels like the KS16 and KS18 (and of course KS14) has such a bad website ?

Does anybody know how it is going with Kingsong ?

I really hope they are doing well, I like my KS16.

18 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

They've got a newish site on: www.kingsong.com (a bit of a joke, but the hosting is under my GD account :lol:)

Even the best Chinese companies are pretty hopeless at maintaining content—perhaps they don't see the correlation between sales & effort invested. 

My personal view is that they're missing the boat with the defacto 84v voltages now used by Inmotion/GW. You can throw as big motor as you want in any new 18" Wheel, but if the voltage falls below the critical required threshold for the speed/RPM, it's not going to be a good performer.

Can't believe how pathetic it is that their App Developer still hasn't added the Location permission (almost a year now!) to the .Apk install package! I've written, pleaded, begged, tried to get other Distributors to make fuss about it, now beyond caring stage...

28 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

They've got a newish site on: www.kingsong.com (a bit of a joke, but the hosting is under my GD account :lol:)

Even the best Chinese companies are pretty hopeless at maintaining content—perhaps they don't see the correlation between sales & effort invested. 

My personal view is that they're missing the boat with the defacto 84v voltages now used by Inmotion/GW. You can throw as big motor as you want in any new 18" Wheel, but if the voltage falls below the critical required threshold for the speed/RPM, it's not going to be a good performer.

Can't believe how pathetic it is that their App Developer still hasn't added the Location permission (almost a year now!) to the .Apk install package! I've written, pleaded, begged, tried to get other Distributors to make fuss about it, now beyond caring stage...

Definitely agree with their lack of attention to their app development. 

Most of the time I've been using the app"DarknessBot".  It seems so much better than the King Song app.  The only time I use the King Song app is if I want to change the response of the pedal setting, switch the alarms settings, or switch on verbal alarm. 

More than 95% of the time I use the "DarknessBot" app. 

Maybe King Song should hire the developer of the "DarknessBot" app to develop their own app. 

As far as I'm concerned, there are only four brands worth anything these days: Gotway, Kingsong, Inmotion, and sort of Rockwheel.  I know Ninebot is big because Segway knows how to advertise, but I rarely see people recommending them, and I was ready to graduate to a real wheel in under a month after I got my Ninebot.

In the US, at least, there are only...3? dealers carrying these brands: ewheels, myfunwheel, and tec-toyz (Juiced wheels says they'll start selling King songs end of April, but only 14D and 16S...we'll see).  Rockwheel isn't carried by any of these afaik, and Kingsong and Inmotion are only carried by ewheels. Not only that, but ewheels currently has no KS in stock for 14,16, or 18 inch wheels. (To be fair, ewheels is out of stock of all gotways too, and tec-toyz is ALSO out of the V3S+ and the ACM...grrr).  I love my KS14C, and am looking at 18" wheels to buy soon, but only myfunwheel seems to have any in stock. Personally I don't know if KS really screwed themselves with no 84V model; I'm happy to go with a lower voltage KS18 because I trust Kingsong more than gotway, but if they're not sold, they're not sold.  I also don't know if the app matters that much.  It sort of bugs me but tbh I haven't touched it since pretty much day one alarm setup.

My guess is they're doing okay; when I see french meetup videos, there are TONS of king songs, and France is apparently a huge market.  Use google translate to read a french forum and maybe you'll get a better understanding of how they're doing.

AFAIK, France is indeed a huge market. I've never heard of anyone having problems there with the authorities either. Whenever I have occassion to go (drive) to France, me and my wife bring our wheels. It indeed has great acceptance there.

I would like to put this out to @Jason McNeil: If your base/market is strong enough, and you have the wherewithall to grow your business more (around euc's naturally), perhaps there may be some willing and able people on here that might consider investing (source/crowdfund?) such an expansion in order to help this wonderful technology float and grow. I for one would consider it.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea, or perhaps would consider this?

Just my 2cents.

The French website kingsong-europe.com seems to be the best they can do.

Related, but more general:

16 hours ago, codersarepeople said:

Not only that, but ewheels currently has no KS in stock for 14,16, or 18 inch wheels. (To be fair, ewheels is out of stock of all gotways too, and tec-toyz is ALSO out of the V3S+ and the ACM...grrr).  I love my KS14C, and am looking at 18" wheels to buy soon, but only myfunwheel seems to have any in stock.

My guess is they're doing okay; when I see french meetup videos, there are TONS of king songs, and France is apparently a huge market.  Use google translate to read a french forum and maybe you'll get a better understanding of how they're doing.

Do you know why they have no stock?

I'm getting the impression the demand for EUCs has risen, and the manufacturers can't keep up. Maybe they prioritize the biggest dealers and deliver to those first. Which would be France, maybe speedyfeet, or huge Asian dealers (there was a single order for 1300 or so ACMs by GEVkorea recently).

So maybe "no stock" is a good sign.

---

In general, most EUC related websites seem to suck. Gotways website isn't updated either, no Monster, no 84V ACM/msuper V3, still listing the no longer existing Mten, app is the version from last October etc. Even the best dealers are guilty of this - wheelgo.com (euro ewheels) seems orphaned/abandoned, and ewheels itself still claims shipping from California (he has been in Florida how long now? Or is the warehouse in California?).

If I wanted to buy a Kingsong, there's only the German or French dealers I can find here (and the Germans don't list or have some of the latest Kingsongs). Crazy how hard it is to buy the things the manufacturers sell, especially KS wheels.

So maybe, maybe it just huge demand and they delay the marketing (aka proper websites) for when they actually have wheels to sell. Or maybe, they just suck and don't understand what a difference a good website makes because of reasons.

Or they want to leave websites to the dealers? (most of who aren't doing a good job then)

One ray of light: yorkshire airwheels (UK) had an atrocious barebones website but they seem to be building a new one and say they have new 16S and 14D stock on FB.

Maybe things are on the way to get better.

--

If you have any behind the scenes information what's really going on, I'd be very interested.

20 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

I dont know if it is "THAT" necessary to jump on the 84volt train....

the new 1500Watt kS18s is announced with 40kmh unlocked...and 50kmh after you have done 1000 km....

As KS normally has a great safety margin to their max speed, i dont know if you can call that bad performing!

It is said to run that max speed down to 40% batterie, with then slighly decreasing the max speed with lower battery!

I find that numbers pretty stunning....and wont write them off to early.

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I wanted to buy a Kingsong, there's only the German or French dealers I can find here (and the Germans don't list or have some of the latest Kingsongs). Crazy how hard it is to buy the things the manufacturers sell, especially KS wheels.

The Ks Germany goes the safe way...he nearly never has machines from the first batch....and waits till the kinks have been worked out....Otherwise...only the Ks16s is missing? it is ordered and should arrive soon....

The 84v give higher margin at top speed. If they keep the top speed capped and under software control it will assume no imexpected cutoff due to low voltage. 

I believe 40kph is the fastest and EUC should go. It's just one wheel and a failure at higher that 40kph will cause severe injuries. 

Its a machine and it will fail eventually. People need to understand that and stop asking for higher speed. 

I rather have the companies cap at 40kph and focus on making the units more reliable and lighter. 

My perfect wheel would be 16inch, 40kph top speed software capped, able to maintain the top speed with battery down to 40%. 

Thanks all for your thoughts !

3 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

My perfect wheel would be 16inch, 40kph top speed software capped, able to maintain the top speed with battery down to 40%. 

I completely agree with that, and add a range of 80 km to the wished specs! :)

That would be my dream wheel.

No matter how (in)competent the manufacturers and perhaps some dealers are, as long as we continue to support those enthusiasts, as I believe we here on this forum are, then we have a chance of a sustainable future for euc's.

On 4/28/2017 at 7:31 PM, HermanTheGerman said:

No news, nothing about the new KS16S, under support the rather old 1.4 version of the App can be found, all in all it looks dead.

My experience with such badly managed websites is, that the owning companies slowly fade out of business.

How is it possible, that a company building such great wheels like the KS16 and KS18 (and of course KS14) has such a bad website ?

Does anybody know how it is going with Kingsong ?

I really hope they are doing well, I like my KS16.

At least on the KS YouTube channel  seems to be some new contents (however I wonder how they check the handles for those wheels on the lower shelf ...  ;-)  - 

On 4/29/2017 at 4:37 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Even the best dealers are guilty of this - wheelgo.com (euro ewheels) seems orphaned/abandoned, and ewheels itself still claims shipping from California (he has been in Florida how long now? Or is the warehouse in California?).

Why are you attacking ewheels?

Yes, the warehouse is in California. What's wrong with the warehouse being in California ?

I'm not attacking ewheels, I'm wondering why nothing new happens on the Euro website and was wondering about the California thing (which you just explained, makes sense since the wheels come from China). Anyways, just an example, so many dealer websites I've seen are just inexplicably bad. Same as manufacturers.

14 hours ago, Lukasz said:

At least on the KS YouTube channel  seems to be some new contents (however I wonder how they check the handles for those wheels on the lower shelf ...  ;-)  -

Thanks for the info!

I didn't look at youtube for a channel from them (I thought they are only on facebook, and I'm not and will never be there).

Have look also on their factory tour - quite interesting that they show some details -    it is not "garage production" 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived