Request opinions of the V5f+ vs V8 vs MSuper V3.

LanghamP

Inmotion and Gotway of course.

Specifically I am interested in the following.

--Hillclimbing, on pavement, on dirt, and grass.

--Bump absorption on pavement, broken pavement, grass, and gravel.

--Top speed or near top speed feeling over smooth pavement.

--Straight line feel and inertia/stability.

--Feel of trolleying through a grocery store.

Actually the best choice would be the ACM+ 84volts.

16 inch ride nice. 

Best hill climber of all based on tales in this forum. 

The trolley is add on. 

Very straight line stability.

Ask @Marty Backe. He owns all Gotway models you listed. 

I would recommend the ACM+ 84volts. 

Another contender but need more user time is the RockWheel GT16.

King song has new ones coming out with 84volts. They are more concercative on limiting top speed so it would be harder to overdrive the machine unlike the GOTWAY allows the rider to push the limits.

I have to agree with @Carlos E Rodriguez, the ACM has a beautiful straight line feel of stability as you ride. Very fast. Let's see, I've ridden: V8, KS14,KS16, KS18, MSuper, ACM, Monster, Rockwheel GT16, IPS Lhotz,and the Ninebot. IMHO the ACM continues to be my favorite all-time wheel.

Now understand your criteria is for the perfect wheel which does not exist. But the ACM matches them very well. Some of your criteria are better matched with different wheels.

Hi,

I agree with Marty & Carlos, the ACMs+ is the best EUC for your needs, it matches all of your requirments, I have tested it in the moutains, on trails, on steep climbs, it handled everything very well, and the newer ACMs+ are now very safe (regarding the cable issues), it is also very fast (+45kph) and is among the fastest accelerators with the GT16, because of it's weiht (20kg) it also feels very stable even on road imperfections that you would feel alot more with a lighter EUC such as the Ninebot one E+.

You can also add an external trolley, not very pretty, put it serves it's purpose.

A V8 has been offered to me for a highly tempting price which is why I have not looked at other wheels.

Actually I already have the V5F+ and the Gotway Msuper 1600, and have been thinking of getting the V8. I love love love the form factor of the V5 but not the low speed nor the tendency to get caught going over or through things the Gotway barely notices. On the other hand the Gotway is huge and I'm terrified of dropping it. I should probably just drop the damned thing to get its first scratches, and be done with it.

Hmm, I wonder if a different wheel for the V5 is available that would greatly reduce the squirelliness.

One big (hehe) problem I have is that I have an all-up weight of over 240 pounds which makes the range of the V5f+ no more than 20km in the hilly areas that I live. It is a testament to these wheels that they can climb these long steep hills while passing all bicyclist.

I guess it really comes down to the Disco lights. The V8 has them. My V5 does not. It should. Absolutely.

I am only joking a tiny bit about the Disco lights, by the way. How could anyone not think they are charming in their ostentatiousness?

22 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

A V8 has been offered to me for a highly tempting price which is why I have not looked at other wheels.

Actually I already have the V5F+ and the Gotway Msuper 1600, and have been thinking of getting the V8. I love love love the form factor of the V5 but not the low speed nor the tendency to get caught going over or through things the Gotway barely notices. On the other hand the Gotway is huge and I'm terrified of dropping it. I should probably just drop the damned thing to get its first scratches, and be done with it.

Hmm, I wonder if a different wheel for the V5 is available that would greatly reduce the squirelliness.

One big (hehe) problem I have is that I have an all-up weight of over 240 pounds which makes the range of the V5f+ no more than 20km in the hilly areas that I live. It is a testament to these wheels that they can climb these long steep hills while passing all bicyclist.

I guess it really comes down to the Disco lights. The V8 has them. My V5 does not. It should. Absolutely.

I am only joking a tiny bit about the Disco lights, by the way. How could anyone not think they are charming in their ostentatiousness?

How about the 14d? Similar form factor to the v5f+ but a little more power so presumably better range.

I'm toying between the 14d and a V8 myself. Not sure I want to go back to a 16inch now, though.

10 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

How about the 14d? Similar form factor to the v5f+ but a little more power so presumably better range.

If the KS App & QC were better I'd unhesitatingly recommend the 14D. But it's completely stupid requiring new (non-technical) Users required to make permission changes to Android because KS are too lazy to add a checkbox during compilation. There's a whole slew of minor niggles I have with this Wheel that's preventing me from investing in an order. Range is going to be less than the V5F+, the 14D only has 32 cells as against Inmotion's 40. 

Just now, Jason McNeil said:

If the KS App & QC were better I'd unhesitatingly recommend the 14D. But it's completely stupid requiring new (non-technical) Users required to make permission changes to Android because KS are too lazy to add a checkbox during compilation. There's a whole slew of minor niggles I have with this Wheel that's preventing me from investing in an order. Range is going to be less than the V5F+, the 14D only has 32 cells as against Inmotion's 40. 

Fair enough. Yeah I heard there were some niggles.

I know the chances are you can't say anything even if you know, but is something potentially round the corner from Inmotion? I suppose the V8 will be my next in 1-3 months or more otherwise.

......any hints? ?

2 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

I know the chances are you can't say anything even if you know, but is something potentially round the corner from Inmotion? I suppose the V8 will be my next in 1-3 months or more otherwise.

The only info I've been told is that the Inmotion Electric Unicycles will NOT be updated until the fall at the earliest. :(

5 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Fair enough. Yeah I heard there were some niggles.

......any hints? ?

You may seriously want to think about the KS16s as well.

Don't get me wrong, my V8 is a great wheel, but it's lack of range is what convinced me to get the KS18 (newest model).  A lot of the time, I'll go for at least 20 mile rides (like I did this morning at the beach before work) and at my weight of about 193 lbs,, 20 miles is probably the max that I'd get on the V8 and it definitely wouldn't of been able to make it up the long steep hill when it's really low on battery.

I don't know what you weigh, but if you will never, ever go 20 miles on a charge, then the V8 will be okay for you.

If you want a 16" wheel that will take you more than 20 miles on a charge, then either the King Song KS16s or the Gotway ACM 16" would be a better choice.  (Only thing is though, each of those have pretty bad apps for their wheels.  But, people have developed apps for then that work much better than the manufacturer's apps.)

Just my opinion though.  @Jason McNeil would be a much better source of info on those other wheels though; he won't steer you wrong.

Allen

On 4/29/2017 at 1:11 PM, Marty Backe said:

IMHO the ACM continues to be my favorite all-time wheel.

Marty, you said elsewhere you owned three of them.  Favorite or not,why would you own three of the same wheel?

4 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Marty, you said elsewhere you owned three of them.  Favorite or not,why would you own three of the same wheel?

I've only owned one at any given time. First was the 640wh version, then the 820wh, and now the 1300wh version. I sold the first two to local riders who are still getting great trouble-free use out of them.

23 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Thats a statement i really dont get....you did not recommend the Ks14d because of its app???

From all the EUC apps (from the company's itself) you are blaming the KS app? for requesting some permissions?

I dont know the Inmotion app that well, but heard it has it niggles itself (and not functioning for china buyers, which is the totally wrong move ...imho), so just lets compare the Gw and the Ks app....

The Gw app requires internet connection, forgets its ride settings on IOS, the bluetooth connection is that good, that batterie and speedometer alltimes are flickering....Watts, voltage, amps, etc it still does not have...

In contrary i would say that the KS app is from all EUC competitors still the stablest....has the best connection once established, does not need internet connection, has an fw update ability, and knows some things the Gw app never heard off.

Yes, like all Euc producers the updates are coming to late, they could in general do more....but when i think about updates...shouldn't the v5f+ receive a promised speed update some months ago ;-) ?

I have or had a few of the mentioned wheels and i can tell you for sure that if you look for the most versatile wheel... in my opinion will be INMOTION V8.

I currently have a V8 and MSuper V3 84V, i really enjoy to go on long rides and have fun with friends on the MSuper but for everyday commute and practicality, groceries, train, take in the car for destination commuting, walking the dog, etc. I still take the V8.

1) Enough speed 30km/h

2) decent range 40km

3) Lightweight to carry at 14kg

4) quick to charge 4h

5) Stable but nimble (when between the crowd)

6) better assembled, making it better internal protection when is raining or passing water

7) reliable

To not let down my MSuper... 

1) Speed, Speed, Speed 47km/h my max and felt stable and comfortable... and very scary

2) comfortable, is really nice to ride (the extra weight helps, but also the pedals).

3) autonomy... 60km easy and going fast, well squeezed 85km and mine is just the 1300Wh version (helps as well pumping hard the tires 45/50psi and i'm 80kg)

4) raw power, engine drags you no matter what you have to do... has allot of power

Whatever option you choose they are all amazing wheels with their strengths and weaknesses on some areas.. (by the way V5F I also had it and is a great first/trick wheel).

Good luck on the decision.

6 minutes ago, Noillek said:

<snip>

2) decent range 40km

<snip>

I'm curious, do you really get 40km on your V8? I have the impression from other folks who own it that the realistic range is closer to 30km.

Maybe he's extra light?  I've heard that the Ninebot One E+ can go up to 35 km on a charge, but that's wishful thinking unless the rider weighs like 100 pounds maybe or doesn't ride very fast?  I can only get about 22-25 kms on a charge, but I average about 19 kph over my ride over mixed terrain.

1 hour ago, Noillek said:

<snip>

2) decent range 40km

<snip>

Oh that reminds me - I need to book my vasectomy appointment... :whistling:

47 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe he's extra light?  I've heard that the Ninebot One E+ can go up to 35 km on a charge, but that's wishful thinking unless the rider weighs like 100 pounds maybe or doesn't ride very fast?  I can only get about 22-25 kms on a charge, but I average about 19 kph over my ride over mixed terrain.

Oh man, you really got me laughing out loud at your last 'confusing' comment, until I made the connection :roflmao::cheers:

Another local rider of the Ninebot One E+ gets a similar range to you. And another local rider of the V8 doesn't get that much more (he's closer to 200 pounds).

I think no matter what the wheel or technology (battery pack voltage), it's the size of the battery that determines range. For me (170 lbs riding weight) that means my minimum battery pack is ~850wh , allowing me to get ~30 miles.

I still may buy one of these low range wheels for the light show while riding around at night.

Hmmm, which wheel offers the most bang-for-the-buck in terms of a light display for wowing people at night?

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm curious, do you really get 40km on your V8? I have the impression from other folks who own it that the realistic range is closer to 30km.

We just ha a ride last month and we did 38km route and the V8 keep up all the way, hills and speeds of 25/30km/h during the first 28km the last 10km we reduce the speed to 18/20km/h to be able to get back to the start. At a constant 25km/h I do regularly 34/38km. Is pretty decent wheel... except for those side disco lights, that are always off and I even have the wheel cover always on.

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Oh buddy... be care... serious stuff!

tumblr_mhvddnbAJ51s1oh53o1_400.gif

I know I know... thread derailleur.:innocent1:

2 hours ago, Noillek said:

Is pretty decent wheel... except for those side disco lights, that are always off and I even have the wheel cover always on.

I agree it is an awesome wheel but I also have a hard time turning on the disco lights! I believe it is a fad and when Inmotion develops their next wheel the luminary pests will be nonexistent. 

That kinda silliness reminds me of the speakers they put in some Kingsongs ... it just seems ridiculous to me. And I sure wouldn't want to be charged extra for it.  But everyone has their own tastes, so what do I know about what the market really rewards...

2 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

That kinda silliness reminds me of the speakers they put in some Kingsongs ... it just seems ridiculous to me. And I sure wouldn't want to be charged extra for it.  But everyone has their own tastes, so what do I know about what the market really rewards...

Actually I've come to appreciate the speakers. On some of our group rides we've had some nice cruising music to ride to, and it can also come in handy when riding behind pedestrians - they hear you coming.

I never thought I'd use my Ninebot lights, but you know I always ride with them on since day one.  I just have the two colour rolling pattern on, and because of my darker shell the lights are a bit muted unless it's darker outside.  I also have the LED shoes which I have just started using to be more visible from the front and back as well as the sides.

It's more trying to be visible to traffic more than anything.  I also roll through some dark tunnels so it's good to have some illumination so people can see you better.  I rarely look down at my wheel so having lights on or off I don't really notice.  If I had speakers I would use them.  It's nice to have some tunes going just like when you drive around in a car.

This song is catchy and seems to apply to what we're riding!  ;)

Archived