[Solved] ACM with new board - Gotway app will connect, but Wheellog no longer finds the wheel :-(((

See title. My "repaired" ACM 84V has a new board and motor. The (shitty, slow, internet connection demanding, battery in only 10% steps-displaying) Gotway 2.12 app will connect to the wheel via bluetooth (funnily enough, the first two or so times it didn't work, but now it does it reliably). But Wheellog (the fantastic, fast, exact battery percentage giving, best app) no longer finds the wheel (same behavior if the wheel is on or off, Wheellog will find no device):crying:

Any idea why that happens? What to do? No Wheellog is a significant reduction in quality of ride, so I really would like that back! [All the other cool apps like darknessbot seem iOS only] Tried another (better) Android phone, Wheellog didn't work either.

I have the bluetooth addon thing from the old board and it should be working fine (you could connect even in the broken state), do you think it makes sense to switch it with the new one? Is it only a matter of removing the glue (which additionally affixes it to the rest) and plugging it into the board connector? [don't know the details of how to exchange that...]

Any help or ideas are appreciated:)

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

See title. My "repaired" ACM 84V has a new board and motor. The (shitty, slow, internet connection demanding, battery in only 10% steps-displaying) Gotway 2.12 app will connect to the wheel via bluetooth (funnily enough, the first two or so times it didn't work, but now it does it reliably). But Wheellog (the fantastic, fast, exact battery percentage giving, best app) no longer finds the wheel (same behavior if the wheel is on or off, Wheellog will find no device):crying:

Any idea why that happens? What to do? No Wheellog is a significant reduction in quality of ride, so I really would like that back! [All the other cool apps like darknessbot seem iOS only] Tried another (better) Android phone, Wheellog didn't work either.

I have the bluetooth addon thing from the old board and it should be working fine (you could connect even in the broken state), do you think it makes sense to switch it with the new one? Is it only a matter of removing the glue (which additionally affixes it to the rest) and plugging it into the board connector? [don't know the details of how to exchange that...]

Any help or ideas are appreciated:)

That does not make much sense....

If it connects to the Gotway App, it should also function with all other apps.....

Stupid question, but have you "killed" the Gotway app/Task completly? As Long as the wheel is connected to the GW App....you will not be able to install any other Connection....

thats my only idea!

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

That does not make much sense....

If it connects to the Gotway App, it should also function with all other apps.....

Stupid question, but have you "killed" the Gotway app/Task completly? As Long as the wheel is connected to the GW App....you will not be able to install any other Connection....

thats my only idea!

Thanks!

Yes it makes no sense! Why would it depend on the app?! My ideas were, maybe GW has a new Bluetooth board or there's some kind of bluetooth related difference between the apps.

I did try it on a phone that has never seen any other wheel app (including the GW app), restarted my phone, etc - still the same. GW app connects, Wheellog does not find the device:confused1::cry2:

1 hour ago, Hansolo said:

How do you connect wheellog to your Wheel?

1. Switch on wheel

2. Start Wheellog

3. Then it would usually connect. Now it does not.

[This did also work if I started wheellog first, and then switched on the ACM. Wheellog would connect as soon as the wheel is on.]

Tapping the "wheel" button (second from left, at the top) but it's greyed out, nothing happens.

Tapping the bluetooth symbol button (first from left) will open my phones "location" (GPS) settings for some reason. If I press "back" (Android system button), wheellog will do "Scanning" for a few seconds, and then show an empty list of "Devices".

--

Please tell me I'm just too stupid to use the app:facepalm::smartass:

For WheelLog rights, you have position & storage activated?

On my WheelLog, if I have Wheel button grayed and I tapping on bluetooth button a search screen for bluetooth device appears

@Hansolo HO LEE F**K IT WORKED!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! :w00t2::clap3::clap3::thumbup:

So the solution is: for some reason, wheellog will NOT find the wheel for the first time while scanning IF location is disabled on the phone (not the wheellog right, the actual location function, wheellog had all the rights). Once enabled, wheellog will find the wheel, and continue to find it after location is disabled (wheellog might have to be restarted after activating location for this to work)

Archived