Downgrade for Ninebot mini pro

Hello,

first of all i need to say that my english is not very good but i will try to explain my problem.

I come from germany and i buy this week two of theese ninebot mini pro.

The support in our country is not good and there are not much people which are using that kind of vehicle.

My first problem is that the ninebots have a strong tilt back. And like that they are very hard to drive specialy for my Girlfirend. She feels not safe when it happens.

The second thing is that they are slowing down when the akkus are under 50%.

I read about a firmware wich is 1.7.1 and that the problems are fixt with that firmware.

Can somebody please explain to me how that works with an android phone? I would really like to know that!

Sorry for my bad english...

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Starkstrom88 said:

Hello,

first of all i need to say that my english is not very good but i will try to explain my problem.

The support in our country is not good and there are not much people which are using that kind of vehicle.

My first problem is that the ninebots have a strong tilt back. And like that they are very hard to drive specialy for my Girlfirend. She feels not safe when it happens.

I read about a firmware wich is 1.7.1 and that the problems are fixt with that firmware.

Can somebody please explain to me how that works with an android phone? I would really like to know that!

Thanks.

Whats your current firmware?

1 hour ago, Starkstrom88 said:

Hello,

Thanks.

You just bought them this week and are riding so fast that you get tiltback?  I saw a video where the brand new minipro has the speed locked until you ride 10 km or something like that.  How many kilometers have you ridden?  Is the speed unlocked so you can go to the maximum speed?  If the speed is unlocked, then @RooMiniPro idea of upgrading the firmware is probably a good idea.  On my android phone, the app tells me if a new firmare is available, when it says that I just tap the update button on the screen and the new firmware loads.  Your english is very good.

One word I didn't understand was akkus.  I am thinking you are saying that they slow down when the battery is under 50%.  That is a good thing, it is a safety feature.

That is nice to see.

So much feedback i didnt expect.

Thank you all very much!

How i start now:confused1:

Okay...

7 hours ago, steve454 said:

You just bought them this week and are riding so fast that you get tiltback?  I saw a video where the brand new minipro has the speed locked until you ride 10 km or something like that.  How many kilometers have you ridden?  Is the speed unlocked so you can go to the maximum speed?  If the speed is unlocked, then @RooMiniPro idea of upgrading the firmware is probably a good idea.  On my android phone, the app tells me if a new firmare is available, when it says that I just tap the update button on the screen and the new firmware loads.  Your english is very good.

One word I didn't understand was akkus.  I am thinking you are saying that they slow down when the battery is under 50%.  That is a good thing, it is a safety feature.

Yes i buy them this week. That is now 4 days ago and we ride in the last two days 32 km. They are not loked anymore.

I like new funsports specialy when it is about driving. And the idea to ride 30 km for only 9cents and to disturb nobody was nice for me. In our contry gas is very expensive and i take the ninebots out so easy that iam use to let our bikes and other stuff inside the garage.

So i what i want to say is that i understand that ninebot makes that slowing down for the safty but i think that is not necessary when they have the half energy. (Sorry i think akku is similar in english  i mean battery)

I think that would make more sense when they slow down with 10% battery.

Yesterday when we drive it starts to rain. We was totally wet it was not funny to ride so slow in the rain:(:D

To the next...

8 hours ago, ozzy said:

You can follow this guide 

there is an explanation in the download file 

And

8 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

I think you should just upgrade to 1.4. It's a nice version. Tiltback is gentle and the safety profile is very good.

So first I would try to to make that update cause that Seems to be more easy.

But  know i have 2 questions:

1. What exactly is the main difference between that both firmwares? I mean Is that thing with the battery under 50% in both versions? And in wich one is that better one when is about tiltback?

2. If i try first 1.4 can i downgrade than also? Or just from my actual version?

Thanks alot Guys!

2 hours ago, Starkstrom88 said:

I think that would make more sense when they slow down with 10% battery.

I agree with you, 50% seems too soon to start slowing down.  My ninebot one E+ slows down at 20%.  Sorry I don't know much about the minipro, @Vik's has some good posts on the minipro.

3 hours ago, Starkstrom88 said:

2. If i try first 1.4 can i downgrade than also? Or just from my actual version?

When you upgrade your firmware, there is no official possibility to downgrade.

the downgrade method is unofficial and most of time it's working perfectly, but some users have problems so you must understand there is some risks of failure

57 minutes ago, steve454 said:

50% seems too soon to start slowing down.  My ninebot one E+ slows down at 20%

with a 9Bmini, your maximum speed decrease of 2-3 kph when the battery is lower than 50%. It's what you have at 30% with your 9B1.

5 minutes ago, smallexis said:

with a 9Bmini, your maximum speed decrease of 2-3 kph when the battery is lower than 50%. 

Oh, I was thinking it slowed down a lot more than 2-3 kph, I was thinking it dropped the speed down to a very slow speed.  That's interesting information.  And good advice about the risk of downgrading the firmware.

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

Oh, I was thinking it slowed down a lot more than 2-3 kph, I was thinking it dropped the speed down to a very slow speed.

Low speed with 9Bmini is like with 9B1, under 20% battery you can't ride over 12kph

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived