Fixing Gotway Msuper V3 control board

EUCMania

24 minutes ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

Wondering why they blow!

what you think of this picture!

EXACTLY ! Sensitive electronic devices all over the floor.

AMAZING!

IMG_0832.PNG

If you look closely they are on the work tabletop which has a green surface that matches the colour of the floor.  See the Gotway box underneath?  My agents tell me there is a middle section for supplies/parts and an assembly table on either side.  :whistling:

9 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

If you look closely they are on the work tabletop which has a green surface that matches the colour of the floor.  See the Gotway box underneath?  My agents tell me there is a middle section for supplies/parts and an assembly table on either side.  :whistling:

you are right.  the table is the same color as the floor.

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Itnlooksnlikebthevfloor to me!

IMG_0833.thumb.PNG.98d2658f3b58b56dcc7014fdef73bee5.PNGIMG_0833.thumb.PNG.98d2658f3b58b56dcc7014fdef73bee5.PNG

It really looks like first floor of the table(Second is white) :) On the floor is really just white GW EUC box.. Right side of the picture :) 
Such a big optical illusion :) 

1 hour ago, kour said:

gotway... or kingsong? hmmm....

same building? or is it a common way to deck out your assembly line/workshop floor?

Lol. Monday they make KinDong. Tuesday they make GOTWAY. First couple of units messed up because they changed model. Wednsday they fix the messed up GOTWAYS. Thursday they make hover-boards. Friday they make electric bicycles. 

Lol. 

1 hour ago, kour said:

gotway... or kingsong? hmmm....

same building? or is it a common way to deck out your assembly line/workshop floor?

I think it's a pretty common industrial factory colour scheme.  Here's a random photo from searching "Chinese factory" under Google images.

1.jpg

Ever watch "Manufactured Landscapes?"

2 hours ago, anims said:

Holy ... He is really hardcore master :-D 
Testing without helmet backwards ride on the new EUC .. WOW :-D 

At one point, it looked like he was texting on his phone while going up and down the ramp.  I liked the warnings the Kingsong was giving, like, "Warning, overpower, and "Warning, battery low".  

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think it's a pretty common industrial factory colour scheme.  Here's a random photo from searching "Chinese factory" under Google images.

1.jpg

Ever watch "Manufactured Landscapes?"

Holy crap that's a huge building!  It looked like they were making about fifty eleven different things.

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2017 at 9:37 PM, EUCMania said:

Today, I was riding in light rain. I bumped my GW MSuper V3 at a curb at low speed. It stalled. Then it refused to balance. I opened it up and find that one mosfet is burnt, with pieces of plastic near the legs gone. I am weighing for the following choices:

1. Get a new control board. Pro: fast and easy. Con: cost about $170.

2. Buy a new mosfet to replace the burnt one. Pro. Cheap (<$4) and fun. Con: Have to figure out where to get this mosfet IRFB3207 I(O)RP625P 67EV, takes longer, and the board may have some other issues leading to the mosfet to blow up.

Please make some suggestions.

Have you tried to change the mosfet in the end?

3 hours ago, andress said:

Have you tried to change the mosfet in the end?

No, Once the new control board is installed and the EUC working, my attention shifted. But I kept the old board, just in case I can scavenge some parts from it in the future.

• 1 year later...

I casually dropped my msuper v3 not hard not hot not raining just one of those slow rolls negotiating some rocks. It tipped. The wheel wanted to spin and gave a couple of beeps(like normal) when it was on its side. It turned but slowly and gave up. Sounded rough and cogging like a missing phase or hall connection. A whiff of burnt electronics. Hmm. Power off and on. Rough grumbling no balance.

Broken FET. I'm quite sure it was impact damage. The chip is cracked. It wasn't being pushed hard. It wasn't wet. A sharp bit of rock hit the case and smacked the FET. Unlucky.

Pretty bummed. Was hoping to go ride it over the holidays. Oh well I guess I will get the Esk8 going again

Gotway fet1.jpg

Archived