I Understand The 15 Degree Hill Limit Now

Ok, the Mini can easily crush hills that are much steeper than 15 degrees but I now know why Ninebot says 15 degrees is the limit (recommended limit). On the way up a steep hill yesterday the angle of the Mini was such that the steering bar was no longer between my knees at all. No steering bar means no steering. I almost went off the road and the whole thing nearly caused an accident but thankfully I got control and no one died :-) 

Yeah that always happens on really steep hills. You gotta keep part of your leg back far enough to nudge the stick. Trust me Pez, you'll be back of the leg stick-nudging in no time! I actually like it, it's a nice break from having the stick on your legs :D

Yes you nailed it.  I have tried to figure out a way to mod this.  I also tried to bend my knee bar's curve so that the top sits a little farther forward, but I failed.  I wish the pads could be unscrewed, moved forward a slot and screwed back in place.  That would be a nice improvement on the MiniPro 2.

Knees are just ever so slightly bent for me. Even with knees locked straight, at full speed just a touch before tiltback speed, the pads are too far back. I can't understand why this only happens to a few of us. 

Bend at the waist.  As long as you've moved your centre of gravity forwards, it will go forwards.  So you can actually lock your knees onto the steering bar pads, then lean forwards from the waist, and off you go.  Of course the bottom-out stance lacks coolness...

Archived