CarZin

To replace battery or buy a new unit...

5 posts in this topic

I have a 2.5 year old Ninebot One E with the 240Wh battery that can only really travel about 4-5 miles at this point (around 10 when new).  I have over 1,000 miles on the unit.  Never a problem.  But I have a quandry...  A new 310Wh battery will be around $270.  Not too bad...  But I can get a brand new unit for around double of that with something newer.  Ninebot seems to be getting out of the EUS business as they havent really innovated in over a year...

Would you get the new battery and keep using what has worked, or get something new?

2 hours ago, CarZin said:

I have a 2.5 year old Ninebot One E with the 240Wh battery that can only really travel about 4-5 miles at this point (around 10 when new).  I have over 1,000 miles on the unit.  Never a problem.  But I have a quandry...  A new 310Wh battery will be around $270.  Not too bad...  But I can get a brand new unit for around double of that with something newer.  Ninebot seems to be getting out of the EUS business as they havent really innovated in over a year...

Would you get the new battery and keep using what has worked, or get something new?

Get something new, after 2 1/2 years and 1000 miles why not try a different wheel if you can afford it.  I agree with @MichaelSF  and @Christoph Zens completely.  They make a lot of good points.  But I can understand wanting to keep the Ninebot, mine has been totally reliable and has good power and range, and I will probably always remember my Ninebot as having good quality, even if I ever get a new wheel.  But if my battery or something was getting old, and I needed to change something, and I had enough money, I would get a newer type of wheel just to see what the differences are.

7 hours ago, CarZin said:

I would go for the InMotion V8. That or a King Song. I think they lead in build quality. Gotways are fast, but unreliable in my opinion. Good luck with whatever you do!