Hey, so I have seen a number of pictures and videos where people have attached a water bottle holder to their Mini Pro. Does this throw off balance in a significant way? Which holder do you use if you use one? What is the install process? Does it require any permanent damage to the vehicle?

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

Yeah, I meant that as a joke ;)

I am using a backpack often when I commute. But like it best to ride without things on my back. Always hated the rucksacks though... So I can understand @Pezman and others playing with the bottle holder idea.

minipro have some hidden screws under the "ninebot" plate/logo that could be used to mount either a bottle holder or whatnot.

As of yet, due to the weather here, I haven't been able to be out on my MP long enough to get thirsty but I would love to know how people have added the water bottle holders to theirs. 

Weight added to any vehicle is dead weight and just reduces performance and agility whereas weight attached correctly to your body becomes dynamic so although it will have an effect it won't be as bad.

• 4 months later...
On 5/2/2017 at 11:32 AM, Gimlet said:

Weight added to any vehicle is dead weight and just reduces performance and agility whereas weight attached correctly to your body becomes dynamic so although it will have an effect it won't be as bad.

I have been adding to the MiniPro for the sake of convenience: lights, speaker, water bottle, iPhone video, etc. as fitting for the event.

Also use a backpack occasionally.

Even carry groceries on each hand.

All ok, so far, with speed and distance.

2 hours ago, Alex Markin said:

Guys, i can design a 3d-printed version of such holder. Tell me please here, in this topic: who is interested in such thing and we'll see what can be done )

I would be interested in this.  I think a holder that keeps the bottle at the back would be better than in front, getting in the way of the height adjuster knob.

On 9/10/2017 at 1:47 PM, RooMiniPro said:

I would be interested in this.  I think a holder that keeps the bottle at the back would be better than in front, getting in the way of the height adjuster knob.

Agreed.

Here's my bottle holder and charger storage and also keep small lights as needed.

Its a regular bike holder, easily attached to the MiniPro.

IMG_7754.JPG

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:45 PM, Alex Markin said:

well then, we need to specify exact dimensions of bottle for holder so i can do a model. Is there a some fine and convinient bottle model that you all can buy or get?

The one in Rocky's photo above is a Swell bottle or a clone of it.  That might be a good place to start as they are popular now.  But the holder should accommodate lots of different sizes.  I'm not sure how flexible you can make it with your material options for your printer but flex will be important for accommodating different sizes.

On 9/15/2017 at 3:14 PM, Alex Markin said:

s'well bottle — ok but they are came in 3 sizes: 9, 17, 25 oz

Which one?

Consider something that stretches to fit all three.

If possible.

I find that I carry different sizes depending on the situation.

Archived