Seattle Massive Group Ride - Pride Parade 2017 - June 25

Solowheel Seattle is organizing what we hope will be one of, if not THE largest group rides in the US.  (Have any of the regional groups attempted something like this yet?)

This will be our second year as a contingent in the Seattle Pride Parade, and let me tell you, last year was incredible. Pride celebrations in Seattle are among the biggest events in the city year round. We are talking half a million spectators cheering as you ride down the middle of 4th Ave in downtown. If you've never been to a pride parade before - rest assured straight allies are extremely welcome. You will see lots of families/kids in the parade and also as spectators- it is considered a family friendly event by Seattle standards. ;) Mostly, the spirit of the event is about being comfortable with yourself, being accepting of others, and most of all: celebration.

Our budget is mostly spent on the entry fee, so our impact will be in number of riders, not a decked out float. I would like to encourage riders to join us not just from the Seattle area, but anyone who can make travel arrangements as well. All you need is a EUC ( Solowheel brand not required ;) ) and an open mind!

I will be posting more details as they are available, but if you are interested and would like to join us, please sign up in the following link so I can get you on the event email list:

I Want To Ride With Solowheel Seattle In the 2017 Pride Parade!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Update:

While we are still awaiting final staging information that will include an exact meeting location and time, I have some updates to share with you to help you prepare for this year's parade.

When: Sunday June 25th, late morning thru afternoon
Where: Downtown Seattle
Theme: Indivisible

What To Wear

We will have a limited number of pride themed T-shirts available for those who need them, however we strongly encourage you to get creative with your look! Because we represent a business, we will have some signage to show the crowd who we are, but we also want to remember that we are here to represent the spirit of the event and give them a good show. Dial it up to 11 to stand out, otherwise we are perceived as "another corporate float." As you can imagine, rainbows are very popular, so you can't go wrong with that. Be bold, make it fun. There is a rumor going around we might have a drag queen among us this year..

If you have any questions about this or want to see if we have a shirt in your size, don't hesitate to contact us.

2d8ebf44-ff64-4ade-a109-1ac7096b2803.png

The Plan

Of course we will be riding our Solowheels along the route! The day begins in a designated staging area. The time spent here waiting to filter into the parade route can be the lengthiest period of the whole event, and the actual parade procession can last around an hour. 

The parade procession will periodically slow down to a stop which will provide us a chance to circulate within our area. This might be a good chance for groups of us to perform coordinated formations or tricks. 

Stay tuned for more details, and please spread the word amongst any friends that would want to ride with us! Contact me if you have any questions.

Archived