Anyone notice this weird psychic phenomenon?

Okay you guys are going to think I'm crazy (or already do a long time ago), but I seem to have this weird ability to think about someone and then they suddenly appear.  It is the oddest thing.  I don't mean appear out of thin air, but they do make their presence known shortly.  Maybe it's just sheer coincidence, but it seems to happen more often than not that it's difficult not to draw a correlation.

Just yesterday I was thinking geez I haven't seen @TremF post lately.  I wondered how he's doing ever since his intermittant launch troubles with his ACM16.  He usually rides slow besides his daughter while she walks I recall.  Sure enough he appears out of the blue and posts a question for Marty.

It doesn't seem to be working for Cloud or The Fat Unicyclist though for some reason.  Oh well might just be a weird random fluke...

LOL definitely psychic :) Hello! :)

I have been by now and then for a quick catch up but am more a thinker than a sayer so don't talk/type much. Plus with my pain I've been a bit morbid.

I have been trouble free with my ACM for quite a while and now my girls ride along side me on their bikes. I haven't ridden so much over the winter because the cold and damp weather has had me in a lot of pain with my spine and even riding the 2 miles to work has been painful but I didn't want to go back to the bus.

With the warmer weather coming and the new bigger batteries meaning more scrummy miles I've been trying to research the MSuper V3S+ and Monster. They are both a lot more money than I previously spent on the Ninebot then ACM so I need to get it right.

I'm possibly 75% or so swinging towards the Monster because I want 50+ miles if possible. I hit the 25 miles max on my ACM last year a few times and the more the merrier.

Anyway sorry for waffling but yes it's strange how you can think about someone and they suddenly re-appear :)

There is a rather simple reason: your brain is not wired to pay attention to and to remember negative examples as well as positive ones. Usually you won't even notice any negative examples at all, let alone record and process them to come to an unbiased conclusion. Then, to make matters worse, there is the confirmation bias, which lets you see what you like to see and not see what you don't like to see.

I see what you are getting at, but I'm not so sure that explains the specific coincidences I've experienced.  Sometimes I will think about someone who I haven't thought about for a while, and then I'll get a call or email from them the next day.  It's bizarre.  I just write it off as coincidence, but it's almost like a premonition where you sense something and then it happens.  I don't believe in all that weird non-scientific voodoo mumbo jumbo psychic aura stuff in general, but yeah it's difficult to explain.

Another difficult thing to explain is how Theresa Caputo from "Long Island Medium" seems to be able to communicate with the dead.  Ever watch that show?  I'm as skeptical as the next person, and I know there have been a long history of scammers.  Yet the very specific and odd things that she is able to bring forth just boggles the mind.  There must be something more to it?

Jeepers... I'm not making this up!  Sometimes I'll be thinking of my mom, and I give her a call.  Sure enough she tells me that she was just thinking of calling me.  It's a power that I have.  I'm not too sure how I fit into the whole Marvel Universe scheme of things, but the same thing happened with @thefork.  He was MIA for the longest time, and I was thinking geez where is that guy - I hope he's not dead.  Then sure enough he begins posting again.  True story.  Just ask him.

Now if Cloud or The Fat Unicyclist start posting, that will prove my powers!  (Shhh no don't anyone tell them we are holding this covert experiment in psychic energy)  I will just summon them with my mind!  :pooping:

EDIT:  Still summoning... summoning.... Cloud Cloud Cloud TFU TFU TFU Cloud TFU CLOUD TFU!!!!! :pooping:  HEC as well, where are you HEC?  Are you really a female?  HEC!  HEC!  HEC!!!!

Maybe you're missing something from your summoning ritual. Do you usually do anything else than think of the person(s)? Chicken entrails? Runes drawn in virgin blood? Magic mushrooms? Chinese from that weird place where you got food poisoning? ;)

It was a Subway sandwich, and no <_< there's no weirdo rituals involved, but hey now that you mention it - that might make it more interesting.  Hmmm... yes come to think of it there's usually a few naked virgins dancing around me chanting ancient scripts which helps bring out my magic summoning stick!  I'll whip it around like a divining rod, and sure enough *poof* there appears TFU or Cloud!  CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD.  You guys aren't taking this seriously.  Really it works.  Just wait.... and B E L I E V E!  I think all your non-believer energy is blocking me.  More naked virgins!  Bring me more naked virgins!  :w00t2:

Of course we take you seriously and believe you. Now, just let the nice men in the white jackets take you somewhere where it's... safe to continue your rituals. Actually, no, what you should do is start a cult. Cults are a nice thing. At least if you're the cult leader.

BTW, you might want to define your naked virgins more accurately, right now it says nothing whether they should be male, female or even human.

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Another difficult thing to explain is how Theresa Caputo from "Long Island Medium" seems to be able to communicate with the dead.  Ever watch that show?  I'm as skeptical as the next person, and I know there have been a long history of scammers.  Yet the very specific and odd things that she is able to bring forth just boggles the mind.  There must be something more to it?

My wife and daughter saw her live 2 weeks ago. My wife took ago my son's wallet hoping she would perform a reading. She got really close to Theresa as she walked around the audience but no contact. They really enjoyed her show and believe there is no way she would know all of the personal life experiences of someone that has died without being authentic. 

Sigh... :cry2: this is why I don't share personal stuff.  We're supposed to have a safe sharing circle here!  But hmm cult does have a nice ring to it.  Especially if I'm the leader.  Plus I hear they have great Kool-Aid at parties.  :w00t2:

Seriously - that Theresa Caputo is amazing.  Hard to watch an episode of her TV show without ahem getting a little sand in your eyes.  :crying:

Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud                                                                  Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud CloudCloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud                                                                                                         Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud TFU!

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Okay, guess who's psychic summoning abilities ARE real?  :w00t2:  Guess guess guess!  Maaybe @The Fat Unicyclist can attest to these previously refuted abilities are actually REAL!  :innocent1:

I'm still waiting for the lottery numbers... or if you can tell for certain whether Bitcoin (or some other cryptocurrency) keeps on going up for the next, say, 3-5 years, so I can go all in  ;)

:efeee20b79:  I said I could summon people.  There was no mention of winning lottery numbers or stock market predictions.  Tough crowd tough crowd.  :rolleyes:  Just wait for TFU to testify!  I summon him to the stand of scientific inquiry of non-believers!  (Okay TFU, that's your cue to post something! :w00t2:)  I actually thought of putting Hirsute's name on the list, but he's been around now and then on occasion.  Then sure enough he posts that big learning thread.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  Maybe not!

Ever watch "Long Island Medium?"  There's gotta be some powers in this world that are beyond human comprehension don't you think?  Or are we merely just a bunch of well organized molecules simply following some genetic coding drifting around in this vast universe?

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Okay, guess who's psychic summoning abilities ARE real?  :w00t2:  Guess guess guess!  Maaybe @The Fat Unicyclist can attest to these previously refuted abilities are actually REAL!  :innocent1:

I have to say... I am a believer!

Without any of that modern fang-dangled technological notification-email witch-craft, I felt an urge to check the forum on two separate occasions (despite being inundated with work). And both occasions were within 48 hours of a PM / mind-meld from @Hunka Hunka Burning Love.

Fine fine be a skeptic. :efef50e3ba:  Even with a corroborating witness they doubt me.  :innocent1:

Next time you're trapped in the middle of nowhere inside a Tesla with a dead battery and cannot open the door to push it to the nearest Supercharger station, don't expect the "Psychic Summoner" to come to the rescue to help summon ADAC.

You'll be like oh verdammt I wish I didn't doubt Hunka's psychic powahs! :crying:

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Fine fine be a skeptic. :efef50e3ba:  Even with a corroborating witness they doubt me.  :innocent1:

Next time you're trapped in the middle of nowhere inside a Tesla with a dead battery and cannot open the door to push it to the nearest Supercharger station, don't expect the "Psychic Summoner" to come to the rescue to help summon ADAC.

You'll be like oh verdammt I wish I didn't doubt Hunka's psychic powahs! :crying:

They just don't understand. 

We are not worthy...

We are not worthy...

We are not worthy...

We are not worthy...

We are not worthy...

That's alright.  :innocent1:  With great powah comes great tolerance of non-believers.  Hirsute also confirmed the psychic tap that led him back here inexplicably.

Now my next feat will be to summon esaj's mom to come over for a visit to his house... wait for the call or doorbell... :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That's alright.  :innocent1:  With great powah comes great tolerance of non-believers.  Hirsute also confirm the psychic tap that led him back here inexpicably.

Now my next feat will be to summon esaj's mom to come over for a visit to his house... wait for the call or doorbell... :ph34r:

Nice try, but she actually called yesterday that she's coming over with my uncle today  ;)

:blink:  And how did I know that?  :innocent1:  Dun dun dun... you've been busy with class projects and away from the forum for a span there plus I don't know your mom... or do I?  Dun dun dun... no I don't :D, but the psychic energy connects us all..

I also do some premonition party tricks for a small fee on the side... 

Is she really coming over?  When was the last time?  Is the weekend visit a regular thing?  :efefd0f676:

Archived